Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Foxdiamond

Member
  • Posts

    6,722
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Foxdiamond

  1. Very good film. Had a little controversial scene although tame by today's standards. I do film noir as a genre. Have you seen Kubrick's The Killing?
  2. A so called punishment that is small change to Chelsea. On the one hand the football authorities here look at Fifa and Infantino with disdain but allow the game to be brought into disrepute. No way would they allow their product to be damaged at the top end of the Premier League if one of the fancied sides affected. Two tier policing of football
  3. One of the issues is that when asylum is refused it appears that it takes so long to deport. Would be interesting to know the full facts without spin.
  4. Ah grasshopper
  5. Seen a few crickets near the house.
  6. Please don't give me flak for this useless information. Many of us know flak comes from anti aircraft fire (from the German) Not so well known is that British and Commonwealth airmen called it Archie. From a music hall ditty called Archibald Certainly Not! A bit of humour about something that could be deadly
  7. Down this way only rain since early June was the 15min on Sunday. Well and truly baked again
  8. Trouble with Internet gives platform for silly people
  9. Reports of the excess deaths related to the heatwaves. My brother in law died at 60 recently. Seems he had cardiac arrest and was very dehydrated so suspect the heat contributed
  10. Oh for the days of Stanley Rous
  11. As someone that spent over 30 years in customer service I couldn't agree more. I was fortunate to work for a very good company that really did/does believe in excellent customer service. The job was often quite stressful but I could take pride in that I was making a difference to the customer and enhancing the reputation of the company
  12. Played more games for us than anybody else
  13. Someone should tell Harry Kane
  14. I assume the connection with Conor Hourihane makes the transfer more likely?
  15. Just to add although not a native plant it has been in the UK since about 1600
  16. You won't need to worry about the smell wafting across the garden. Perhaps if you put your nose up against it and sniff hard. It self seeds and happy in poor gritty soil. Having said that my garden is loamy and it grows well. A big plus is it is drought resistant. It looks after itself pretty much.
  17. It is a wonderful plant. Butterflies and bees like it too
  18. I'm hoping it was just a normal migration rather than the climate crisis. We've quite a bit of red valerian and verbena bonariensis in the garden and they seem to love those. Some people worry about these plants becoming invasive but I think free plants do your thing I won't have buy other plants etc
  19. Quite a few Hummingbird Hawk Moths around this year which must be a good thing
  20. I remember the self centred comments when dealing with delivery complaints during severe winter snow. Often someone would say no snow in my road. Then pointing out to them the parcel had to travel a hundred miles plus from the warehouse to their address on roads badly affected by the weather. I should add these were luxury items not every day essentials. Often the delay was little more than half a day.
  21. Looking at HYS on BBC. Strange how many people have a lack of empathy for folk outside their own area if the weather is not as extreme where they are.
  22. Obviously security measures important but let us not deflect from the evil twisted perpetrators
  23. 9am just rained here. 9.15 stopped. Better than nothing I suppose.
  24. Haven't had a drop down here for at least 6 weeks
  25. The mind boggles
×
×
  • Create New...