Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

LCFCJohn

Member
  • Posts

    6,051
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    5

Everything posted by LCFCJohn

  1. Incredible. I was buying my house at that age and older generations will no doubt tell of what they had done with their lives by that age. To be blunt, these 5 were never going to add any value to society. We’d have ended up paying for them one way or another via benefits or their accommodation at HMP.
  2. Of course it was Pearson. Some of us having been saying this for years. Vichai’s role in it has been inflated due to the tragic circumstances of October 2018. He was obviously no Aiyawatt. But he made plenty of mistakes and didn’t really have a strong understanding of football at all. He was more decisive and respectful of the fanbase. But he still put Rudkin in charge and was around for the indoctrination of the sections of the fanbase we see now. Pearson was the man who made the magic happen.
  3. It’ll either be the same circumstances (social media) or pure dangerous stupidity driving in a police chase and them just entering the road like that but you’d imagine the TikTok thing. I agree with you. It’s absolutely toxic. I’d love to the government do something radical and completely block at least TikTok from being received here, as this one seems the biggest culprit. It would never happened as there would be economic implications from things like advertising that the government won’t want to risk. But it needs huge reform (and not that joke of a political party we have running round making a noise currently). As you say, for there to be implications for them not moderating properly and allowing this content to be getting through. That said, I still hold anger to those in the other car. Maybe I’m old fashioned but it was only 15 years ago I was that age and learned to drive and I knew not to do anything so stupid as drive at excessive speeds on the wrong side of a road. Maybe it’s unfair of me to hold today’s young people to the same standard….
  4. It does clearly seem a direct comparison of our previous and only L1 squad and this one so 08/09. And that squad would absolutely wipe the floor with this side. Probably Joseph or Aluko instead of Kerrea Gilbert and Alves would be competition for the wings but that’s about it. Probably a bit harsh on Braybrooke but the 4 central midfielders were used that season were Matt Oakley, Andy King, Mark Davies and Tom Cleverley. No competition.
  5. Yeah I do agree. I know things like this can go beyond parenting itself and be down to crowds young people get in with and of course social media. It must be the most awful thing and I’m conscious who I am speaking to in yourself Deb and what you have gone through so it’s not a subject I would want to come across as insensitive about due to the anger about the circumstances behind this incident. As FoxDiamond says above, as with the case in Ireland, the hate that will inevitably be aimed towards the individuals themselves will be more difficult for the families to digest as they will carry the shame that those actions have also taken 2 innocent lives.
  6. I mean based on our first 2 games it’s clearly relegation as we have been crap against a newly promoted side and crap and lost at home to another favourite for relegation. Yeah we might improve and that might well come with a change of manager and approach. But if you are asking based on those first 2 games, and if that was served up over the next 44 it is nailed on relegation.
  7. Given the games coming up, it could easily be late September or into October and looking near or at 10 games in before we pick up a win. By that time we will be rooted in the bottom 4 so surely he won’t make Halloween?
  8. He’ll go to Wednesday. Wednesday can I work with was saying they expect him to come in and Pedersen to be removed or back to a coaching role. They have Stockport’s director of football who they brought it so sounds quite likely.
  9. Social media is absolutely pointless and a cesspit. Keeping in contact with people is good but you only need the likes of WhatsApp and Messenger, so messaging apps rather than the actual social media for that. The only one I have is Facebook and I only retain that as the one benefit is being aware of what is happening locally, such as the village groups we have and the wider Sheffield area. Other than that, there are no benefits at all. You get stuff like this, political hatred spreading, people getting fame for being completely talentless. The ban for under 16’s is great and I sincerely hope it creates better future generations. As for this incident, you just know the 5 in the other car are going to be males under the age of 20 don’t you….
  10. 7 killed in a collision near Middlesbrough, 2 of them innocent Police Officers going about their business and the other 5 in the other car travelling the wrong way on a dual carriageway… Good riddance to those in the other vehicle but devastating for the officers and their families. There was a similar incident last weekend in Ireland. Seems that it is another TikTok thing (as with setting fires) to drive the wrong way down motorways and dual carriageways. Really scary that this is happening as road users. You can be completely minding your own business and get caught up in this type of shit!
  11. I mean we aren’t scoring twice so game over.
  12. Ah sh*t! In that case, no sympathy, should have realised 50 years ago!
  13. Mukasa gone to West Ham. Wonder if he’ll do more than he did for us!
  14. Most teams play an element of playing out from the back now and teams will do it against us so there will be opportunities to press high. Regarding the first bit, I do think you know what I mean. Teams will have the ball against us in our half and we will win it back. There is then a choice between being quick and decisive rather than slowing the play down and knocking it around at the back. This is the type of situation I am referring to allowing teams to get set and comfortable before we slowly make our way into their half. This is what concerns me most about the style we are likely to play. Obviously yeah, they will be plenty of times we have to break down a solid bank of 4 and another bank of 4 but I’m just saying when the opportunity arises to avoid that by being quicker and more decisive, I hope we act on that.
  15. I mean we know teams will get back and put a low block behind the ball. Our options are to play with pace and a high tempo, pressing high to win the ball and catch them before they can set or if we are playing from the back, trying to beat the lines quickly which is what the aim was more under Maresca. Or, adopting a slower pace as seems to be the case, we are letting the opposition have all the time to get themselves set and comfortable. At this point you lose any element of surprise and are literally trying to play through them. I don’t think suggesting this is too out there and indicative that they think they could coach the team….
  16. I agree. But separate the club and even its resources despite current circumstances from the approach we are taking. The club, if run sensibly (well if it was we wouldn’t be here) and taking the right approach should decimate this league. But with the squad we have, the gaps and weaknesses and the approach of dicing with death at the back whilst not getting forward quick enough to trouble opponents before they get back and set, I’m not so sure.
  17. I mean I don’t think you can. Rudkin was still Vichai’s guy, he put him in that position. It’s not like it was something Aiyawatt did when he took over. There’s not actual evidence Vichai would have binned him, particularly not 100% confidence that you have. We can suspect that he wouldn’t have let things go as far as they have but that’s about it.
  18. There’s been decent positivity across the forum generally over the close season, considering the past 2 seasons. I think people are quick to label many on this forum as negative but firstly, there’s all the reason in the world to be as you have said yourself, and also I think it’s got to the point where some (not saying you) just see genuine criticism as a blanket negative, even if that is part of a balanced viewpoint that has both positive and negative aspects. If we see some positive changes on the pitch, most people will definitely acknowledge this and the swing will become more positive overall.
  19. Yep. I just fear we will play too slow. That will hinder us and couple with a poor defence, crap GK and limited striking options does seem a concern. A lot of people just think we will smash the league because our players cost the most in fees and wages but how did that work out for us last season? I’m not saying we can’t do well but there’s glaring gaps, position wise and just overall strengths such as physicality and set pieces. People say we need to be prepared to break teams down and we do. But set pieces for example are a leveller and we have neglected this area for so long. Look at Arsenal, even a top team can gain the benefits.
  20. I’m not sure we will win any games comfortably as our style is just very slow and turgid but we don’t have the talent we had in the Championship under Maresca to just grind teams down. Most games will be a lottery, we will win some obviously but there will be a lot of frustrating draws (it wouldn’t surprise me if we draw more games than we win) and we will lose a few. I can see another draw in this one.
  21. Not sure we are short (other than height) at CAM. Some may not be our preference but Cullen, Chaplin, Alves and BDR can play there. Agreed the CB situation is a mess. Ingrained failure will mean we continue to be poor defensively without shipping some out and bringing fresh faces in. And striker is a lot of pressure on a guy who has come from a completely different league.
  22. Like Uruguay winning the World Cup when there were like 4 teams in it As I say, the global markets remember what happened recently so whatever happened in the 1970’s is long past being relevant outside this country.
  23. No such thing as bad publicity But yeah, we are the ultimately bipolar club rather than being bland. Ultimately we are a lot more relevant than clubs like Forest.
  24. To add to what you have said really. Within this country, we are seen as an unfashionable, provincial side as there is a fascination with sleeping giants or what happened prior to the PL (football existed before 1992 etc). The latter point is a sentiment I agree with. But it is also the reason why Sheffield Wednesday are considered a sleeping giant, Forest and Leeds think they are massive etc. Reality is, the global markets, such as America, don’t even know who these clubs are or give a crap. Those clubs haven’t done anything is decades and either then, minor league cups. We are much more known and appealing to those markets but that luxury might start to wear out now due to the collapse and the time that is starting to pass.
×
×
  • Create New...