-
Posts
28,005 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
22
Everything posted by Trav Le Bleu
-
And bah humbug to you!
-
At least some Americans get it.
-
This 100%. I'm guessing you @Balders65 want to protect her against the horrors you experience and that's understandable, but when you're in a partnership, that's what it is, a sharing of everything. You might be surprised. No need to go into the details, just maybe let her know you're suffering. I'd say this too to @Thefox81, though you have different circumstances. A lot of it is trying to get your head around the terrible things that might happen very possibly won't happen. This is what hampers me, but getting better at it. Again, anyone who wants to chat privately, feel free to DM me.
-
It's good to talk. Sorry you seem to be in a bit of a hole there . Aside from the tablets, have you done any therapy? What do you think it is that's causing the depression, is it just your relationship, or other factors in play? Too much alcohol won't help, but you know this, you as much as said so and you've said the fling didn't help either. Can I guess that maybe you just want someone to hear you out, a bit of empathy and understanding. We all need that. As I've said before, The Samaritans, they're not just there for the suicidal. Call 116 123, free from any phone, 24/7. You're welcome to DM me too for what it's worth. Have a good night if you can. Don't worry about tomorrow, each day has enough of it's own.
-
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-68025677.amp DPD error caused chatbot to swear at customer DPD has disabled part of its online support chatbot after it swore at a customer. The parcel delivery firm uses artificial intelligence (AI) in its online chat to answer queries, in addition to human operators. But a new update caused it to behave unexpectedly, including swearing and criticising the company. DPD said it had disabled the part of the chatbot that was responsible, and it was updating its system as a result. "We have operated an AI element within the chat successfully for a number of years," the firm said in a statement. "An error occurred after a system update yesterday. The AI element was immediately disabled and is currently being updated." Before the change could be made, however, word of the mix-up spread across social media after being spotted by a customer. One particular post was viewed 800,000 times in 24 hours, as people gleefully shared the latest botched attempt by a company to incorporate AI into its business. "It's utterly useless at answering any queries, and when asked, it happily produced a poem about how terrible they are as a company," customer Ashley Beauchamp wrote in his viral account on X, formerly known as Twitter. He added: "It also swore at me." You know AI has truly become sentient when it realises its employer is useless.
-
442, jumpers for goal posts, big lad up front, lovely.
-
Are they vegan-friendly?
-
When Mahrez was first here a lot of people doubted he had what it takes. Too lightweight, drifts in and out of games, doesn't get back enough... were all comments made about him.
-
Ever the optimist.
-
Already happened.
-
Injecting bleach?
-
I see what you're getting at, but most likely it's a house with no loft insulation.
-
It's occurred to me that yesterday was Blue Monday, not the excellent song by New Order, but the day they reckon is the most depressing of the year, so I was wondering how everyone is doing? I'm not too bad at the moment, meds are working and I don't have the thing that particularly causes Blue Monday (the Christmas excess catching up with you) affecting me. In fact, as a postie, I'm relieved Christmas is a distant memory. Having said that, Royal Mail continues to screw me over.
-
Hiding in the bushes? NB. We can see you.
-
I think we're differing on what we mean by anxiety. Like that song Rag n Bone Man did a few years back...never actually explained why it wasn't his fault. But real, real anxiety of the proper mental health variety, rather than the everyday general stress, will make people make mistakes more than they know they would if they didn't have a troubled mind. Therefore there is anxiety, in part, to blame, on this account. One of the worst parts of poor mental health is being aware that you have it, though I guess this is true of any affliction.
-
People being understanding about people with mental health problems.
-
Ruffs Powdered wigs Sedan chairs
-
But he's not wrong.... assuming you vote for the other guy.
-
Only in time added-on.
-
That won't stop you trying.
-
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/jan/14/russian-orthodox-priest-faces-expulsion-for-refusing-to-pray-for-victory-over-ukraine Russian priest expelled for refusing to pray for victory over Ukraine. Which is weird, cos as I remember, it's "special manoeuvres". I'm sure that nice Mr Putin wouldn't lie to us.
-
Some people accuse the mods on here of being offensive banners.
-
I think that, in part, if you're a team that's used to winning comfortably, then it's probably more difficult to just shrug it off. Re: tactics today, my thought is that this is the first time we've been down to 10 mean this season and so first time for Maresca as a manager. I dare say he's seen Man City go down to 10 men and comfortably see games out and maybe he thought we could do the same. I suspect lesson learned.
