Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Trav Le Bleu

Member
  • Posts

    28,005
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    22

Everything posted by Trav Le Bleu

  1. Britons were VERY alienated by the Angles and Saxons
  2. This Amanda Abbington sueing Strictly thing... What's the general consensus? He's a bit too full on or she's a bit prissy? It strikes me that, people are different: one person's pushy is another person's bullying; one person's casual flirt is another's sexual advance. You would imagine that you know it's going to be pretty intimate and personal and very hard work with a lot of physicality. Drawing a borderline in that environment is difficult. For me, the fact that the dancer has been on the show a number of years without complaint (that we know of - though at least one former partner has spoken out in defence of him) stands in his favour, but that in itself isn't conclusive proof. Difficult times for Strictly I think.
  3. How do they feel, living on the land their ancestors stole by force years ago? If you're the descendants of immigrants (and if you go back far enough, that's practically everyone in this country too!) you have no right to complain about immigrants. Isn't that right Suella? And in answer to your final question MPH, ages ago.
  4. Fast fashion in general can take a flying leap, as can daytime TV shows that promote their wares. Save up for a few weeks and buy something classy that will last years and never go out of fashion, instead of buying new clothes every week. Anyone who only wears a garment once (other than for comfort/fit reasons) needs major re-education, preferably of the boot camp type.
  5. @ElusiveEd what has taken his finger off the pulse. Sad news though.
  6. B But that extra money they're paying out is the difference between the chairman getting a Bentley Flying Spur S and Bentley Flying Spur Speed Edition 12. Come on guys, give the man (almost certainly) a break!
  7. "Nicky Platnauer Working As Postman."
  8. "Does Your wife Need a Hand?"
  9. I think this too. I've noticed the trend among people I know - however, I'm a postie. I worked through the pandemic and came into contact with lots of people (not in a Boris Johnson type way). I've been fine throughout this current wave and so have my colleagues. This isn't covid again, but I think most people's immune systems have been weakened to some extent. Not drastically, but enough to make things difficult to shake off.
  10. Got to love big business! No... wait... what's the other word?
  11. Sod that, I'm delivering letters on this side of the road, she can cross over! Actually I always greet people coming the other way with a smile and a "good morning", followed by a muttered "obviously not then" if they don't reply.
  12. I think Horizon Zero Dawn's dystopia is worse by quite a bit.
  13. The fact that most of us have walked down Every Street in Leicester.
  14. Horizon Zero Dawn - a video game about a computer going very badly wrong. Good thing it's just fiction.
  15. St Margaret's Bus Station (the old concrete one) St Margaret's baths (just slightly too short for competitive swimming it was designed for - so Leicester!) Frog Island. Croggies and jitties. Marconi. Thorn Lighting. The County Arms (never went in, but frequently used as a landmark when giving directions ) The Very Bazaar. Voodoo. Castle Gardens. The Peacock Cafe. Alfred Lenton shop. Lewis's Lighthouse Plus most of what's gone before
  16. For me the glaring thing with the PO scandal is the fact they charged 700 postmasters with theft. 700! So, did they genuinely think that 700 of their staff had suddenly decided to go on the rob at the same time, many of them having given years of faultless service? Or did they know full well what had happened. Not that they merely had misplaced faith in their systems, but actively knew that the odds of this happening by human endeavour were so long as to be impossible? I remember that when the charges were originally made, my personal feeling there was more to this than just corrupt postmasters.
  17. Agreed. How do you put that into money? I've always despaired at people who say, "that must be right because the computer says so." Hopefully they'll be first against the wall when the AI revolution comes.
  18. So tempted to start a second account called Mrs kingcarr21.
  19. When I saw the Thread title I came in here ready to tell @kushiro what a sick b****** he is. But he saved it with his first paragraph.
  20. To everyone calling for these "fans" to be banned for life from watching Millwall... That's not a punishment, that's a blessing!
  21. I've seen quite a lot of people moaning about defending against set pieces. When defending against set pieces you're very much playing as a unit where everyone has a job to do that works with everyone else, who they need to know what they're doing. This comes easier the more you play together. This team doesn't regularly play together. It's not something to worry about, it's a normal effect of putting together players that don't get much game time.
  22. Simulated?
  23. 100% agree. To paraphrase a well worn adage about the opposite sex (though what is the opposite sex these days? )... Cyclists - can't live with them, can't kill 'em. Was essentially the tone of that post. They do really annoy me when they run red lights, ride in the middle of the road when they're on their own or overtake you on their ebike when you're doing 30 on an urban road. Not worth injuring for it though, they're likely to do that to themselves anyway.
  24. This thread is not going to go well...
  25. Did anyone ever think to ask the cats? All they want to do is go outside and kill at will. If it doesn't, it's not a cat and should hand it's badge in. Tigger, Hobbes and Bagpuss would all be ashamed of them! (Ok, so maybe not Bagpuss.) I really find the idea of house cats, or as I prefer to call them, ca(p)tives, bizarre. Having said that people bring horses and goats into their houses too. Yet if I were to put a humpback whale in Rutland Water, people would say I'm being "cruel". Life is strange.
×
×
  • Create New...