Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
queensguardfox

hamer off

Can't say I'd really blame him if true although even he must've joined us knowing he wouldn't be first choice.

He knew he was second choice and could live with it.

But when the first choice gets injured and another player gets brought in to do your job then that's going to piss you off.

Take into account the player is 42 and that speaks volumes.

Pearson may as well have said you'll only ever be here to make up the numbers. Take into account you've let in nine goals in the ten games you've played this season then it's really twisting the knife. 

If he wants to actually play then there's no point in him being here. He's come in and out performed the first choice goalkeeper but Schmeichel is one of Pearson's favourites so he was always going to walk back into the side. Being dropped for a geriatric mate of the manager who then performs poorly just confirms he's not here to actually play for us.

Some of the comments on here lol Are people really saying that Ben Hamer is so emotionally fickle and sensitive that his response to being dropped after filling in for Kasper was to sulk and leave because he was so gravely upset? That's an insult to a mature and promising footballer imo, but such is the inexplicable and unwavering pro-Hamer sentiment on here.

Pearson sees them all every day in training and has a team of people behind him more well-versed in football than anybody on here, but apparently a handful of clean sheets (after hardly having a save to make and being rescued by the offside flag twice) suddenly makes him a nailed on first choice keeper in the minds of FoxesTalk's goalkeeping experts.

Be pretty surprised if this happens.

Schwarzer was on the 6pm train back to London on Saturday with Fabianski of all people. I had a good 15 minute chat with him as I know two of the coaches from his Boro days.

Put it this way, he'd be surprised if he was still needed next season.. And as for coaching, he has no interest in it. He'll retire and go straight into the media world.

So do hope we keep Hamer, and he deserves to be no.2 / challenging Kasper

Some of the comments on here lol Are people really saying that Ben Hamer is so emotionally fickle and sensitive that his response to being dropped after filling in for Kasper was to sulk and leave because he was so gravely upset? That's an insult to a mature and promising footballer imo, but such is the inexplicable and unwavering pro-Hamer sentiment on here.

Pearson sees them all every day in training and has a team of people behind him more well-versed in football than anybody on here, but apparently a handful of clean sheets (after hardly having a save to make and being rescued by the offside flag twice) suddenly makes him a nailed on first choice keeper in the minds of FoxesTalk's goalkeeping experts.

Have you read any of this thread?

It's not a pro Hamer thread or is it about him sulking about losing his first team place to Schmichael.

Hamer came in for Kasper and wasnt even that great. He was average at best imo. The Stoke game at home his distribution was the worst ive ever seen. Every kick was poor. Didnt surprise me that he was dropped for Schwarzer. Now Kaspers back its a straight fight between Hamer and Schwarzer for the bench and for me id pick Schwarzer over Hamer. I reckon this is a nothing story but if Hamer did want to leave then its his loss not ours. People saying he has been treated diabolically need there heads checking lol

Not even good enough as back up, puts fear into the back four and they don't look to have confidence in him.

Defenders under pressure seemed to want to avoid giving it back to the keeper as he use of the ball was just so poor.

Bye

Hamer's not one to moan and sulk and I can't see him causing trouble to get a move away. Wasn't happy at being dropped though, which is understandable.

His distribution wasn't great which is a surprise because Charlton captain Johnnie Jackson reckons he's the best keeper for quick, accurate distribution that he's ever played with.

Do you know this, As it's the opposite to what I was told by one of his mates,not that it's unjust,without setting the world alight he's not made any mistakes.

While he wasn't chuffed at losing his place, and he'd rather be playing regularly, he's not a trouble maker.

While he wasn't chuffed at losing his place, and he'd rather be playing regularly, he's not a trouble maker.

I wasn't saying he was,just sharing what I was told by a friend of his,he's not going to settle for 3rd choice and I do think he will look to a loan/move away in the summer,

Wasn't being funny with you either,my replies can sometimes be misinterpreted :-)

I wasn't saying he was,just sharing what I was told by a friend of his,he's not going to settle for 3rd choice and I do think he will look to a loan/move away in the summer,

Wasn't being funny with you either,my replies can sometimes be misinterpreted :-)

Ha no worries, wasn't taken the wrong way, was just clarifying, it's all good pal.

Archived