Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
queensguardfox

hamer off

I know thats why I said you cant argue with his thinking? Quite astute signing I think MS

It's just unflattering, I don't think many people really care if Schwarzer is here or not, except Pearson.

If he doesn't enter coaching with us, then it's been for nothing unless he's given some wisdom to Hamer/Schmeichel 

The mix between youth and experience is something Pearson went for and the squad has that, but Schwarzer / Upson; they literally could have been signed as advisors. 

I don't really have any thoughts on this, if he can't handle it here then he needs to go.

Exactly we don't need anyone that doesn't want to be here. He did well when he's played to be fair, so can understand him wanting out as he's our no 3 now, but the coaching staff see him a lot more than we do and they clearly don't think he's good enough. On that basis best he leaves. Wish him the best and off he goes.

Got to be like that in this league to do well a la ferguson not good enough there's the door. Should always try and help any player find a new club of course which he will easy. Solid keeper for the championship

It's just unflattering, I don't think many people really care if Schwarzer is here or not, except Pearson.

If he doesn't enter coaching with us, then it's been for nothing unless he's given some wisdom to Hamer/Schmeichel 

The mix between youth and experience is something Pearson went for and the squad has that, but Schwarzer / Upson; they literally could have been signed as advisors. 

I think that Schwarzer is the best of the three.

Was always signed as back up, got 3 years left on his contract. Absolute bollocks in the Sun? Never.

Exactly

Signed on the recommendation of Chris Powell, NP clearly didn't rate him after his frankly awful pre-season performances. Schwarzer was the guy carrying the balls out for training pre-match yesterday, a sign he'll become a coach after his contract is up like Powell and Phillips have done?

I think Hamer was unlucky to get dropped in the manner he was for Schwarzer. While it's widely reported his kicking is weak, our others keepers are also inconsistent.

I hope he doesn't leave, I've seen glimmers of a very solid keeper and his performance at Hull away was one of the best goalkeeping performances of the season.

It's obvious 1 of the keepers would leave in the summer and Hamer was the most likely. Maybe we could have got a fee for him but the club might have agreed to cancel his contract just to free up some wages.

I can understand him leaving, any keeper would be annoyed to play some good games and keep clean sheets and then find yourself 3rd in the pecking order. Don't think he should go for free though, gotta be worth a couple mill surely?

Signed as a backup keeper - the problem is the first keeper isn't really any better. Neither are Prem level keepers.

Would be great to sell off both and get a better starting keeper. Schwarzer can back up the starter for next season.

I can understand him leaving and the way he has been managed by Pearson and the sacking of Terry Robinson adds weight to the rumours that Pearson doesn't rate him and didn't sign him and wasn't happy that TR did.

If he doesn't want to be here and Pearson doesn't want him here better he leaves rather than just runs out his contract on a prem wage.

Fair play to the lad.

And as for 'It's come from The Sun' would anyone seriously be surprised regardless of where it's come from? If I were him i'd be looking to get out, he's a decent keeper and not even getting a place on the bench - Simple assumption to make that he'll be off.

Credit where credit is due Kasper's come back in and seems to have improved from before his injury, but the way Hamer has been treated has been diabolical and cannot blame him for seeking a move elsewhere he simply isn't going to play here, he doesn't even get a place on the bench anymore and let's be honest he's much better than Schwarzer.

Spot on. He didn't really do anything wrong but to have a 41 year old third choice keeper come in and take your place is a bit off kick in the goolies.

Coming from charlton... what did he expect? of cause he wasnt gonna start often if kasper never got injured he perhaps would never of got 1 appearance. some teams keep the same keeper for the whole season. He knew he was gonna struggle to get in front of kasper. Hes not goong anywhere

Nobody knows how hes been treated? If NP said to him when he signed "listen you probably wont play at all this year" then the fact Hamers played is a bonus for him. Personally didnt think he shouldve been dropped but cant argue with NP's thinking behind Schwarzer

When the manager brings in a 42 year old to replace you after you've deputised and barely let in a goal then that tells you all you need to know.

Obviously Pearson has no faith in him as a number two and it's best for Pearson and Hamer that he does leave.

I'd certainly want to go if I was Hamer.

I sometimes have a lad who is good friends with hamer come away games with us,I last spoke to him at arsenal away and he told me hamer was really pissed off at losing his place to swartzher(however it's spelt) for no apparent reason(was in ok form),

That Pearson gave him no explanation as to dropping him,and that if things stayed the same then he would look to a loan move,this was back in February so it seems a credible story based on what I was told.

Archived