Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bayfox

Cheltenham 2016

in terms of current achievements the gold cup isn't much, no, but there's some serious, serious horses in it. cue card's a bit of a hero of mine too so buzzing if he puts a good run in. can't knock how good a horse he is. betfair chase and king george winner. vautour imo is ridiculously good, especially at cheltenham. perhaps lacking a classic NH star but as a race and a betting event it could be a classic. 

champion chase was on its knees this time last year (sprinter injured, sire not on fire) but this year looks like the best race of the week. although UDS will probably piss it, his jumping will be tested massively. imagine the scenes if sire de grugy, sprinter and UDS are within a few lengths over the last. might die with sheer excitement. would love dodging bullets to be involved too tbh.

still loads of time for all sorts of crazy stuff to happen in the next 3 weeks. 

in terms of current achievements the gold cup isn't much, no, but there's some serious, serious horses in it. cue card's a bit of a hero of mine too so buzzing if he puts a good run in. can't knock how good a horse he is. betfair chase and king george winner. vautour imo is ridiculously good, especially at cheltenham. perhaps lacking a classic NH star but as a race and a betting event it could be a classic. 

champion chase was on its knees this time last year (sprinter injured, sire not on fire) but this year looks like the best race of the week. although UDS will probably piss it, his jumping will be tested massively. imagine the scenes if sire de grugy, sprinter and UDS are within a few lengths over the last. might die with sheer excitement. would love dodging bullets to be involved too tbh.

still loads of time for all sorts of crazy stuff to happen in the next 3 weeks. 

Don't get me wrong there are some very good horses, but are a few past their best? Guess we may find out, problem is, for me this meeting is meant to be some of the very best and yet many races have very little depth, the odds already show that.

Really hope sprinter can show his old class, that would be a sight to see, as for vautour I have a soft spot as he was 1st past the post on my visit last year, romped home by about 15 lengths, maybe more from memory.

Still up for meeting any fellow FT members on the weds if anyone is in tattershalls.

actually i take it back, just talking about this, is giving me a buzz, 21 sleeps lol

Club Thursday and Friday.

Got free tickets for the Thursday with Food and Drink. Gonna enjoy that day more because there's 4 of us and GC day is always rammed. But can't wait.

More of That is the bet of the decade @ 7/1 to win the JLT if the talk of him going there is right. Already as low as 4 or 5/1 in some places, will deffo win if it takes that route and it seems to be where he's heading for some strange reason. On on on.

More of That is the bet of the decade @ 7/1 to win the JLT if the talk of him going there is right. Already as low as 4 or 5/1 in some places, will deffo win if it takes that route and it seems to be where he's heading for some strange reason. On on on.

Where's that come from? but your right skybet now have 5's on it.

Where's that come from? but your right skybet now have 5's on it.

Connections and racing manager said "there's every chance he goes for the JLT" in the post yesterday and it was discussed on Twitter by quite a few. AP seemed to hint that was his race at a PaddyPower preview night last night. When discussing the JLT he was asked his opinion on the race and said "More Of That will win", before later on saying something like "well er he will win whatever race he goes for". Seemed a bit like he'd let it out the bag then backtracked. Could be reading way too much into that though.

Deffo worth a chance at those prices, beats anything in the JLT at a canter imo. I've backed him in the RSA as well ages ago and think he wins wherever he goes so fingers crossed.

Connections and racing manager said "there's every chance he goes for the JLT" in the post yesterday and it was discussed on Twitter by quite a few. AP seemed to hint that was his race at a PaddyPower preview night last night. When discussing the JLT he was asked his opinion on the race and said "More Of That will win", before later on saying something like "well er he will win whatever race he goes for". Seemed a bit like he'd let it out the bag then backtracked. Could be reading way too much into that though.

Deffo worth a chance at those prices, beats anything in the JLT at a canter imo. I've backed him in the RSA as well ages ago and think he wins wherever he goes so fingers crossed.

What happens if he doesn't race in this one, would you get your stake back?

You're really selling this as bet of the year so I want to make sure it's as good/low-risk as it sounds haha. 

What happens if he doesn't race in this one, would you get your stake back?

You're really selling this as bet of the year so I want to make sure it's as good/low-risk as it sounds haha.

nah that's the catch, 7/1 factors in that he's entered in two races. he's 3/1 in skybet's "to win any race" so he'll be at least that short once they know where he's going I'd imagine.

world hurdle winner who's taken superbly to chasing and is 4/4 at cheltenham against a bunch of half decent novices and is 7/1? send him that was jonjo you slag.

it's not just me btw, McCoy said he's he bet of the festival whatever race he ends up in, ruby walsh who has no connection whatsoever with horse or owner said he's the best novice bar douvan and wins all day long.

Like I said I've had him to win the RSA (his original and obvious target) @ 5/1 so gonna take 7/1 for the "alternative route" and then cheer either way.

nah that's the catch, 7/1 factors in that he's entered in two races. he's 3/1 in skybet's "to win any race" so he'll be at least that short once they know where he's going I'd imagine.

world hurdle winner who's taken superbly to chasing and is 4/4 at cheltenham against a bunch of half decent novices and is 7/1? send him that was jonjo you slag.

it's not just me btw, McCoy said he's he bet of the festival whatever race he ends up in, ruby walsh who has no connection whatsoever with horse or owner said he's the best novice bar douvan and wins all day long.

Like I said I've had him to win the RSA (his original and obvious target) @ 5/1 so gonna take 7/1 for the "alternative route" and then cheer either way.

Nice little summary cheers.

May take the 3/1 any race in that case. I wonder if McCoy's slip of the tongue was a stunt to get people piling into the JLT so make up the fact people have backed so heavily on the RSA?

Either way, nice shout out man. I'll throw you another blatent corners bet if I find one.

Have any of the bookies gone NRNB on these races yet? I only really use skybet and they are only on the 4 championship races.

Have any of the bookies gone NRNB on these races yet? I only really use skybet and they are only on the 4 championship races.

don't think anyone's gone NRNB on the whole festival yet. some have more than others but it seems to just be at random atm other than pretty much everyone having the big 4 races covered.

Nice little summary cheers.

May take the 3/1 any race in that case. I wonder if McCoy's slip of the tongue was a stunt to get people piling into the JLT so make up the fact people have backed so heavily on the RSA?

Either way, nice shout out man. I'll throw you another blatent corners bet if I find one.

Sky Bet NRNB every race.

It's been taken out of the "to win any race betting on Hills"

hopefully it goes JLT way now i'm on @ 7s. Can still get 11/2 on paddys but that's normal ante post rules so if it goes elsewhere you lose. 

might have a few quid on ruby riding djakadam in the GC, think he's really keen to do so and can't see why they'd put vautour up against him when they're both the same trainer, owner and first choice jockey? 100/30 for him to ride the old, experienced second from last year looks a bit big especially when he's said he wants vautour to go elsewhere. 

min would be the one i'd oppose out of those at the prices. i'll probably back him in a multiple or two but will be having a look around for one or two against on the day. mullins does it every year but it is a whole different ball game at cheltenham against the best around than in 3 runner races in ireland etc. 

not backing annie power either tbh. too short but clearly the pick. not backing at the prices considering how long it's been since she ran over 2m and she's burnt everyone before at cheltenham so not sure i want to get involved again. but then again there's literally nothing to back against her. bit of a pickle cos i don't exactly want to sit out and just take a watching brief in one of the biggest races of the year lol 

min would be the one i'd oppose out of those at the prices. i'll probably back him in a multiple or two but will be having a look around for one or two against on the day. mullins does it every year but it is a whole different ball game at cheltenham against the best around than in 3 runner races in ireland etc.

not backing annie power either tbh. too short but clearly the pick. not backing at the prices considering how long it's been since she ran over 2m and she's burnt everyone before at cheltenham so not sure i want to get involved again. but then again there's literally nothing to back against her. bit of a pickle cos i don't exactly want to sit out and just take a watching brief in one of the biggest races of the year lol

My worry out of them would be AP to be fair. Weakest Champion hurdle and wouldn't be surprised if it was a big priced winner. I just can't wait, it's my favourite week of the year.

yeah looks a shocker of a championship race which is surely why annie power strolls home but a few too many question marks for now. still two weeks to think it over! 

very excited, got the week off work will be spending it watching at home, in pubs, with mates, in bookies and just having a great week. 

yeah looks a shocker of a championship race which is surely why annie power strolls home but a few too many question marks for now. still two weeks to think it over!

very excited, got the week off work will be spending it watching at home, in pubs, with mates, in bookies and just having a great week.

Same here.

Newcastle at home on the Monday.

Tuesday and Wednesday watching it at home and Thursday Friday on course.

Up to watch the morning line on +1 every day with a couple of papers and a breakfast cob whilst choosing bets.

Same here.

Newcastle at home on the Monday.

Tuesday and Wednesday watching it at home and Thursday Friday on course.

Up to watch the morning line on +1 every day with a couple of papers and a breakfast cob whilst choosing bets.

living the dream :D 

might have a few quid on ruby riding djakadam in the GC, think he's really keen to do so and can't see why they'd put vautour up against him when they're both the same trainer, owner and first choice jockey? 100/30 for him to ride the old, experienced second from last year looks a bit big especially when he's said he wants vautour to go elsewhere. 

on the line right now lengthy interview with tony mullins (not willie but come on he must know something).

"vautour is in the gold cup as an insurance in case djakadam doesn't make it. there's no way they both line up in the same race. if djakadam is in the gold cup vautour will run over what i believe is his best trip in the ryanair" 

so surely listening to that we're basically getting 100/30 on djakadam being in the gold cup which is the craziest price i've seen in ages. he's 11/2 to win it let alone just line up at the start. 

Archived