Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bayfox

Cheltenham 2016

Just ordered tickets for all 4 days,

Tuesday, Me and the Wife

Weds, me being billy no mates on ladies day, what a shame.

Thurs/Fri 4 of us down there for both days and getting train Direct from Cheltenham to london for palace away on the sat.

So question is, anyone else going next year and if so, anyone fancy a pint on the weds, so I don't have to spend all day as a loner lol.

Just ordered tickets for all 4 days,

Tuesday, Me and the Wife

Weds, me being billy no mates on ladies day, what a shame.

Thurs/Fri 4 of us down there for both days and getting train Direct from Cheltenham to london for palace away on the sat.

So question is, anyone else going next year and if so, anyone fancy a pint on the weds, so I don't have to spend all day as a loner lol.

There will be a fair few of us there on the Tuesday and Wednesday mate so you're more than welcome to tag along with us.

I'll almost certainly be down. Went on gold cup day last year but didn't enjoy it as much as I did when we went on the Tuesday the year before. I put it down to the fact the queues for beer and bets wete massive but it's probably more to do with the fact I did my absolute bollocks. Probably look at the the Tuesday again this year.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This is on the horizon now. Starting to get the buzz.

Just looking at the potential entries on the Tuesday and that has all the potential to match the quality and drama of last year.

Min looks set to go off odds on in the novice hurdle. Which means there good be some real value elsewhere. In what could be a cracking race.

• 1 month later...

Willie Mullins is litterally a Bookies benefit on the anti post markets !

Just a bit. Luckily most of my bets are NRNB, but I have several AntePost accas and 1 is already a 3 fold instead of 4 and in they now move Annie is reduces to a double, plus I lose a few other options in she doesn't run in the Mares or World Hurdle, Guess that's the risk.

Most of my accas do have Artic Fire and Nichols Canyon in tho as Faugheen was not exactly where the value lay, so every cloud and all that.

worst champion hurdle ever. possibly the worst championship race of any kind in years too. if annie power is in it it has a very small bit of star quality. if not it's going to be a mullins third or fourth string vs whoever nicky henderson can get fit vs the new one. bigger and better horses in some of the fu cking handicaps. 

worst champion hurdle ever. possibly the worst championship race of any kind in years too. if annie power is in it it has a very small bit of star quality. if not it's going to be a mullins third or fourth string vs whoever nicky henderson can get fit vs the new one. bigger and better horses in some of the fu cking handicaps. 

Have to agree, annie would have had to have a seriously good race to win the champion hurdle, now it is almost being handed to her on a plate. The knock on being the mares hurdle loses it's star.

Really gutted not to get to see faugheen as mentioned before, but now the gloss has been taken of the opening day full stop, and it's not like it's a vintage gold cup on the friday either.

Archived