Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ramboacdc

2016 Deathlist

How old was he when he went missing?

Born December 1934, so he'd be 81 now: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Bingham,_7th_Earl_of_Lucan

There have been alternative rumours of suicide on the run or that he had crossed criminal elements, been done in and chucked in the Channel.

Alternatively, various people have claimed to have met him in Africa etc....but then people claim to have seen Elvis riding Shergar on the moon.

In the South of France, playing on a roulette wheel in another game of chance is still my guess.

The latest theory that I've read is that he killed himself at the time and his mate Aspinal Fed him to his tigers.

Nothing to do with Aspinall would surprise me.

I grew up a few miles from that Howlett's Zoo that he owned. Several keepers were killed by animals.

A lad in my class at school was also killed in a bizarre accident, aged 17, just after he'd left. Some sort of large deer had escaped from the zoo and been roaming the fields for ages. He was driving down a road one Sunday and this animal was behind a hedge, got startled by the car, and jumped over the hedge and through the car windscreen killing him and his mate. 

The theory that Lucan had accrued gambling debts to the wrong people and was done in and thrown in the Channel sounds pretty believable....though how that fits in with the likelihood that he'd just murdered his children's nanny, I don't know.

Nothing to do with Aspinall would surprise me.

I grew up a few miles from that Howlett's Zoo that he owned. Several keepers were killed by animals.

A lad in my class at school was also killed in a bizarre accident, aged 17, just after he'd left. Some sort of large deer had escaped from the zoo and been roaming the fields for ages. He was driving down a road one Sunday and this animal was behind a hedge, got startled by the car, and jumped over the hedge and through the car windscreen killing him and his mate. 

The theory that Lucan had accrued gambling debts to the wrong people and was done in and thrown in the Channel sounds pretty believable....though how that fits in with the likelihood that he'd just murdered his children's nanny, I don't know.

From the bits I've heard about him he seem  an appalling person. It's a shame his tigers don't eat him.

After 42 years, the notorious Lord Lucan may finally be dead: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-35481376

"Lord Lucan is now presumed to be dead, a High Court judge has ruled"

Or is he?

Important issues raised by Brighton band The Dodgems in 1978 have yet to be answered:

- Is he in the Clermont Club?

- Or in the South of France, playing on a roulette wheel in another game of chance?

- Is he dead up on the Downs, rotting in the grass?

- Or is he hidden behind the cloak of the British ruling class?

Have they looked for him in Huth's back pocket?

Buried alive, extreme flatulence AND an arson attack?!

That's very unlucky, Maurice.

Not even funny.. Maurice was a massive talent.. lets groove, september.. etc.. great songs, saw earth wind and fire at the NEC 1980. best show I ever saw..and I have seen a lot of acts live.. they win hands down.. im gutted today..

Not even funny.. Maurice was a massive talent.. lets groove, september.. etc.. great songs, saw earth wind and fire at the NEC 1980. best show I ever saw..and I have seen a lot of acts live.. they win hands down.. im gutted today..

Johnny, condolences for your hurt feelings, but to come into a "Deathlist" thread expecting 100% respectful comments about those who have just shuffled off the mortal coil is a tad unreasonable.

I think most of the comments in here are lighthearted, pretty gentle, "laugh at the Reaper" type humour. I visit other sites where the deathlist threads are pure poison, not like here.

For what it's worth, EW&F were awesome. I only discovered their stuff in recent years but love a bit of it, espesh "That's The Way Of The World".

:)

Johnny, condolences for your hurt feelings, but to come into a "Deathlist" thread expecting 100% respectful comments about those who have just shuffled off the mortal coil is a tad unreasonable.

I think most of the comments in here are lighthearted, pretty gentle, "laugh at the Reaper" type humour. I visit other sites where the deathlist threads are pure poison, not like here.

That's a good way of putting it, Vacamion: "laugh at the Reaper" humour. I'd even say "laugh at the Reaper (in the knowledge that he'll come for us one day)"..... Yes, even you, Keith Richard!

Just in case you're unaware of it, Johnny, here's the original Deathlist site: http://www.deathlist.net/

People on FoxesTalk have adapted that slightly to predict 5 celebrity deaths & 1 young celebrity death. Other clowns (myself included) have further adapted it to crack silly jokes/puns about people who have died.

That's not to laugh at them for dying - that would be ridiculous as death comes to us all. I'm not a fan of Earth, Wind & Fire, but I certainly took no pleasure in this bloke's death. His death just provided an excuse for a laugh at death itself.

I appreciate your sensitivity if EW&F meant a lot to you. Bowie meant a lot to me, I quite liked Lemmy & Denis Healey; I was pretty upset back when John Peel and Joe Strummer died. I wouldn't crack jokes about the death of famous people who meant something to me...but I've no problem if others seize the opportunity for a laugh at death.

I'm likely to have a minor heart op in the next couple of months. Should be fairly routine, but not zero risk. If it all goes pear-shaped, I'd much rather think of people seizing the moment for a good laugh than getting all pious and posting "RIP, great poster who'll be much missed" (as if...."we're well rid of the boring twat!" is more likely :D ). I'd prefer to stay alive and out of Deathlist, though.  :unsure:

Enough seriousness, anyway. I just want to enjoy the warm glow of today's win. 

I want people to celebrate my life not mourn my death. If that means having a laugh at my expense then so be it. I promise not to make any foolish comments in response that are not understood. Just have a few pints as well. That is one party I shall regret missing. In fact I have considered having a pre wake celebration so I can attend and raise a toast to myself.

I want people to celebrate my life not mourn my death. If that means having a laugh at my expense then so be it. I promise not to make any foolish comments in response that are not understood. Just have a few pints as well. That is one party I shall regret missing. In fact I have considered having a pre wake celebration so I can attend and raise a toast to myself.

You need to do a John Stonehouse MP / Reginald Iolanthe Perrin and fake your death, leaving your clothes on the beach in Skegness or somewhere.....then become a FoxesTalk lurker and see what everyone says about you.  :thumbup:

You need to do a John Stonehouse MP / Reginald Iolanthe Perrin and fake your death, leaving your clothes on the beach in Skegness or somewhere.....then become a FoxesTalk lurker and see what everyone says about you.  :thumbup:

Like Moose does before being resurrected into another evil being? 

For what it's worth, EW&F were awesome. I only discovered their stuff in recent years but love a bit of it, espesh "That's The Way Of The World".

:)

ok. mate..I was a bit emotional there ..its been a shite month my musical hero's ..enough already..

Snapchat queen Katie May dead at age 34 following a fatal stroke:

http://www.self.com/trending/2016/02/katie-may-model-stroke/

Absolutely no idea who she is. 

I guess we all assume it's older people who will suffer with a stroke, so to see someone the age of 34 to die from one is quite shocking. Almost 3 years younger than me too. 

Absolutely no idea who she is. 

I guess we all assume it's older people who will suffer with a stroke, so to see someone the age of 34 to die from one is quite shocking. Almost 3 years younger than me too. 

The discomforting part is that she had a pinched nerve - this led to a blocked artery. Small cause leading to a huge and fatal impact.

Archived