Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ramboacdc

2016 Deathlist

Ex- leicester Tiger Fijian Seru Rabeni dies aged 37.

Sad news. the cause still hasn't come out has it? All I heard was his Father in law saying he had been ill for a few weeks, and that was it. The man was a beast!

Paul Daniels has made himself disappear for the last time :(

In French they use "disappeared" as a euphemism for "died" in the way that English uses "passed (away)".

So, in France, a perfectly valid heading to an obituary for Paul Daniels would be "Paul Daniels a disparu" - "Paul Daniels has disappeared"

Paul Daniels has made himself disappear for the last time :(

AlanAudio 

Guardian Pick

I was working with him in 1976 when he wasn't particularly well known. I had to set him up with a radio microphone and in those days, the radio microphones had a long wire aerial anything up to 1 metre long, which had to run down his trouser leg.

As I put the transmitter on him, I joked "I know what you magicians are like, I don't want this transmitter to end up covered with dove shit and feathers because others have to use it after you". He laughed and said the he wasn't that sort of magician.

Once he had finished his performance, I retrieved the radio mic from him and as I pulled the aerial wire up out of his trouser leg it was followed by a long string of silk flags of many nations.

It greatly appreciated the way that he had performed his act with his sock stuffed full of flags just for a little prank backstage afterwards.

From the Grauniad.

Archived