AjcW Posted 6 January 2016 Author Posted 6 January 2016 Interesting point about Premier League teams comparisons above. I ordered a West Brom shirt to be sent to Australia for a colleague of my Dad out there and the postage was £15 and got there in a week..... I ordered something in December from ours, got charged £6 and told that is the standard rate for express delivery even when they no it won't be delivered express Here's hoping it changes anyway, if anything this was just to raise the awareness of how crappy conditions must be for the staff if there's two of them doing the job of about 10!
Staffs Fox Posted 6 January 2016 Posted 6 January 2016 Ah the monthly LCFC Direct rant, It is appalling in so many ways but I just don't see it changing any time soon. We are so far behind other clubs in the Retail sector it is frightening. Not only is our own website and shop in the stadium, understaffed, untrained and understocked but we don't have any alternatives. A club our size should not only have a stadium shop but it should have a megastore in the Highcross or nearby. That store should also be a ticket office, it would be great exposure and ease congestion on match day. I despise going to the shop on Match day because of how crowded it is but I have no other choice other than use the equally shite online service and pay postage. Also why aren't isn't our merchandise in mainstream sports retailers? I live 20 mins away from Leicester City Centre and I can't get anything LCFC related in any shops! Unless you're a dedicated fan if your child asked for something football related and you don't/can't go to games, it's not surprising they might buy them something Liverpool or Man Utd just because it's easier than going down to our ground to pick them something up
EGBFitness Posted 6 January 2016 Posted 6 January 2016 Hopefully the more successful we become the better the shop will get. May be a case of supply and demand? Little frustrating the tickets are only bought in the shop, clearly to cut costs. Would be better to have a designated check out during shop busier times to or employ more staff to help with queues. Would be nice to have something like a puma megastore down there, obviously selling mainly lcfc merchandise but also puma clothing and football gear. I'm sure there is big profits to be made if the club get the store and online store right
stripeyfox Posted 6 January 2016 Posted 6 January 2016 I agree that the club are not getting it right with regards to it's retail activities. Stock seems to be a persistent problem. I went in on the day of the Chelsea match with the intention of buying a few presents but it was so busy - I asked if I placed an order online would it be delivered by Christmas - response was "yes, well probably. well maybe. I mean it might do but we can't guarantee it". Fair enough I suppose - it was pretty close to Christmas, maybe I should have got my arse in gear earlier. I then tried to buy a GK shirt for my son only to find his size out of stock. I asked when they would be getting more and was told "we won't that's it now". The other issue which I find astonishing is that yet again they have run out of letters for shirt names - last year they ran out of "A" and now they have run out of "R". I mean, seriously, how much would it cost to stock a decent amount of these letters - they can't cost much surely? They sell them for a £1 each so most likely the profit margin on a dozen Mahrez, Vardy or Morgan shirts would fund the stock of thousands of letters! I can see why combining the ticket office and shop seems like a good idea for the club - I can imagine their thinking "well if someone comes in for match tickets we will be able to sell them a shirt, hat and scarf at the same time", but in practice it doesn't really help the customer I think.
Pasty1 Posted 6 January 2016 Posted 6 January 2016 Didn't they once have a shop in Church gate years ago? Don't think they sold tickets ... but did sell the Sportswear range.....
ramboacdc Posted 6 January 2016 Posted 6 January 2016 My hat I ordered for my dad took bloody ages. It went East Midlands to heathrow and then to gatwick! I said why have I been charged a fiver for this why not use Royal Mail. Was then told 70% of orders went missing last year. I reckon a few went walkies but 70%?! im more shocked they gave you tracking info the place is shocking. the fact you can walk in to buy tickets and be told they are sold out, then go online and buy some bugs me. I agree that the club are not getting it right with regards to it's retail activities. Stock seems to be a persistent problem. I went in on the day of the Chelsea match with the intention of buying a few presents but it was so busy - I asked if I placed an order online would it be delivered by Christmas - response was "yes, well probably. well maybe. I mean it might do but we can't guarantee it". Fair enough I suppose - it was pretty close to Christmas, maybe I should have got my arse in gear earlier. I then tried to buy a GK shirt for my son only to find his size out of stock. I asked when they would be getting more and was told "we won't that's it now". The other issue which I find astonishing is that yet again they have run out of letters for shirt names - last year they ran out of "A" and now they have run out of "R". I mean, seriously, how much would it cost to stock a decent amount of these letters - they can't cost much surely? They sell them for a £1 each so most likely the profit margin on a dozen Mahrez, Vardy or Morgan shirts would fund the stock of thousands of letters! I can see why combining the ticket office and shop seems like a good idea for the club - I can imagine their thinking "well if someone comes in for match tickets we will be able to sell them a shirt, hat and scarf at the same time", but in practice it doesn't really help the customer I think. the queues at that chelsea game were just unreal! i couldnt believe it! with my daughters birthday being in march i always get her the away shirt with her name and age on it....her name is Taylor...got the feeling it may have to be her surname this year...but thinking about that her last name is grant..... ****.
stripeyfox Posted 6 January 2016 Posted 6 January 2016 with my daughters birthday being in march i always get her the away shirt with her name and age on it....her name is Taylor...got the feeling it may have to be her surname this year...but thinking about that her last name is grant..... ****. Maybe you'll just have to change her name... and get her a shirt that doesn't fit... which will arrive late...
AjcW Posted 6 January 2016 Author Posted 6 January 2016 To be fair the example to follow after being up in Liverpool for the Everton game is the two clubs there, a modern shop each in Liverpool One and with Everton a nice large shop across the road from the ground. I forgot to mention I didn't get a receipt or return docket in the parcel either so I've had to write my own cover letter with all the details just to return it
filbertstreet Posted 6 January 2016 Posted 6 January 2016 To be fair the example to follow after being up in Liverpool for the Everton game is the two clubs there, a modern shop each in Liverpool One and with Everton a nice large shop across the road from the ground. I forgot to mention I didn't get a receipt or return docket in the parcel either so I've had to write my own cover letter with all the details just to return it That Everton shop has the best address Everton Two, Liverpool One
Bayfox Posted 6 January 2016 Posted 6 January 2016 Didn't they once have a shop in Church gate years ago? Don't think they sold tickets ... but did sell the Sportswear range..... Yes we did during the fox leisure era. I have to say, maybe because I can pick and choose when I go in, I have never had to wait more than 2 mins at the most to be served, however what ever time of day you go there never seems to be more than 3 tills open. As for the reason we have a merged store/ticket office, is as mentioned above, we as humans, especially brits, impulse purchase, so you go in for a ticket, come out with a hat a book, whatever it maybe, same reasons supermarkets stick sweets near the tills. If we are looking at continuing to grow, a base in the Highcross would go a long way, more foot fall on a regular basis and would leave the ground store more able to help out with tickets. That said if they continue the practice of paying students a minimum wage, then I guess what can we expect, the club from top to bottom could do with a 3rd of the staff if they employed more people like Jim, who actually give a **** about the job and the club, but we all know that's not the way it works, especially with Football clubs, they play on our loyalty, afterall we are not all going down the road instead are we.
Topman Posted 30 January 2016 Posted 30 January 2016 anyone know how to enter season ticket details so I can get my 10% off? I just register but couldn't see anywhere when I get to checkout to apply my season ticket, I normal just by at club shop, any help would be appreciated thanks
DB11 Posted 31 January 2016 Posted 31 January 2016 anyone know how to enter season ticket details so I can get my 10% off? I just register but couldn't see anywhere when I get to checkout to apply my season ticket, I normal just by at club shop, any help would be appreciated thanks What do you mean you've just registered? You should have used your client reference number that is on your season ticket so now you've created a duplicate account
Topman Posted 1 February 2016 Posted 1 February 2016 What do you mean you've just registered? You should have used your client reference number that is on your season ticket so now you've created a duplicate accountI just register with my details, because I never had a account before
AyewJoking Posted 1 February 2016 Posted 1 February 2016 do you think its likely in future Premier League clubs will not bother with club shops and sell all/vast majority of their merchandise online?
Gary Eatfood Posted 1 February 2016 Posted 1 February 2016 do you think its likely in future Premier League clubs will not bother with club shops and sell all/vast majority of their merchandise online? Not if City want to make some money from their merch. The website is terrible.
AyewJoking Posted 1 February 2016 Posted 1 February 2016 ok i meant would they invest heavily into the online process to make it more efficient? in leicesters case, it would seem to be one of the reasons they dont seem to care about the club shop???????????
Gary Eatfood Posted 1 February 2016 Posted 1 February 2016 ok i meant would they invest heavily into the online process to make it more efficient? in leicesters case, it would seem to be one of the reasons they dont seem to care about the club shop??????????? Possibly they would but club shops will always be a feature of any football stadium no matter how attractive the allure of online retail might be. In Leicester's case, they are still pretty shoddy in a few areas. Online, phone line sales and the club shop, but I'll take your word on that because I rarely go in there. Maybe there's a good reason why?
glenelgfox Posted 1 February 2016 Posted 1 February 2016 I buy most of my City stuff from LCFC direct and it is always an easy quick process and generally I get my order to AUS within 2 weeks. My only complaint is the quality of the replica shirts. City badge needs to be embroided as do the puma logos. Quality has got worse over the years and considering I bought a 1984 retro away red shirt this season and the admiral logo and City logos all embroided, you have to wonder why the current season shirts are lacking some quality?
DB11 Posted 1 February 2016 Posted 1 February 2016 I just register with my details, because I never had a account before You just said you've got a season ticket, so you have got an account... your log in details are your client reference number from the season ticket and leave the password field blank. Then when you've logged in change your password
Topman Posted 1 February 2016 Posted 1 February 2016 You just said you've got a season ticket, so you have got an account... your log in details are your client reference number from the season ticket and leave the password field blank. Then when you've logged in change your passwordI didn't realise that, all sorted now thanks
LibertyFox Posted 2 February 2016 Posted 2 February 2016 Didn't they once have a shop in Church gate years ago? Don't think they sold tickets ... but did sell the Sportswear range..... I bought match tickets from the Church gate shop a few times - think that was late 90's.Barry Pisspoint... Now there was a man who knew everything about running a retail operation... But nothing about running a football club.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.