Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
An Away Move

Question about Gold Fox renewals at start of season

When I bought my two Gold Fox memberships for the season of the Great Escape the club stated that Gold members were guaranteed to get a seat for all home matches.

At the start of this season I was offered the chance to RENEW my membership with what I thought would be the same associated benefits. I don't recall being updated with the information that these memberships had had their associated benefits changed, i.e that Gold membership no longer guaranteed a seat at home games. When, exactly, did this change? Did the change come after renewal? And if so could the club be open to some kind of mis-selling claim / be in potential legal trouble? Any legal eagles out there? Of course all may well be above board. It is possible that the updated membership information was published on the club website at the time renewals were offered. Are there any Gold Fox Members out there who actually spotted the difference early on?

When I bought my two Gold Fox memberships for the season of the Great Escape the club stated that Gold members were guaranteed to get a seat for all home matches.

At the start of this season I was offered the chance to RENEW my membership with what I thought would be the same associated benefits. I don't recall being updated with the information that these memberships had had their associated benefits changed, i.e that Gold membership no longer guaranteed a seat at home games. When, exactly, did this change? Did the change come after renewal? And if so could the club be open to some kind of mis-selling claim / be in potential legal trouble? Any legal eagles out there? Of course all may well be above board. It is possible that the updated membership information was published on the club website at the time renewals were offered. Are there any Gold Fox Members out there who actually spotted the difference early on?

Yesterday i read the letter i got at the start of the season and it says "A gold membership gives you  the best CHANCE of getting a ticket".Still think there will be a couple of thousand people at the Everton game

that hardly/never go to game.

Yesterday i read the letter i got at the start of the season and it says "A gold membership gives you  the best CHANCE of getting a ticket".Still think there will be a couple of thousand people at the Everton game

that hardly/never go to game.

Thanks for that. I was curious. I certainly didn't notice what was quite a big change at the time. It came as quite a shock to many I imagine only yesterday.

I think the problem is that they never saw this coming.   It has not been a problem before this game.   All other games did get to Silver Memberships at least.

I do believe that they should have worked this through on the basis of booking history for this season.   Back in the day they used to issue vouchers and this always worked.   It wouldn't have taken rocket science to work it out.  A plan should have been in place since Christmas meaning that everyone knew where they stood.

I still can't wrap my head around the fact that all STH + Gold/Family members = substantially less than capacity. My only guess is that the club have held a substantial number back for corporate/VIP reasons. Probably many more than usual because of the extraordinary circumstances/magnitude of this match.

I still can't wrap my head around the fact that all STH + Gold/Family members = substantially less than capacity. My only guess is that the club have held a substantial number back for corporate/VIP reasons. Probably many more than usual because of the extraordinary circumstances/magnitude of this match.

3000 according to a poster in a different thread.

Apparently this is the normal amount but obviously they are not usually all taken up.

3000 tickets were made available to hospitality for the Everton game.

It is not clear if this number is offered for all games, or it was an exceptionally high amount for this game because it is the last game of the season and a possibly historic occasion.

I have read  that players get 15 tickets each, and obviously every player has taken their full allocation because they want their family there. Then you will have all the people helping out with Birch's run, whatever the half time entertainment is, plus every other sponsor and organisation involved with the club taking up their full allocation.

Frustrating and disappointing but that's life, hopefully Everton don't sell many tickets and they open up part of the away section for like they did for Newcastle.

You also wonder if they could relax the segregation rules and open up the section between the away and home fans. If nothing else I hope they set-up a big screen and a fan park so that this can be enjoyed by Leicester fans and the whole city together.

I think the problem is that they never saw this coming.   It has not been a problem before this game.   All other games did get to Silver Memberships at least.

I do believe that they should have worked this through on the basis of booking history for this season.   Back in the day they used to issue vouchers and this always worked.   It wouldn't have taken rocket science to work it out.  A plan should have been in place since Christmas meaning that everyone knew where they stood.

I was having a nosy on Chelsea's website last week and they have a points system for members. Each game has a certain number of points attached to it, 1 point for BIG 5 match, 3 points for other PL games, more points for cup games etc. They then sell home tickets in a tiered points system similar to our away one, allowing 1-2 days for each level.

This type of system, if in place, would have ensured that those members who have attended the most games this season would have had priority over those who just purchased one to get tickets for BIG games.

I was having a nosy on Chelsea's website last week and they have a points system for members. Each game has a certain number of points attached to it, 1 point for BIG 5 match, 3 points for other PL games, more points for cup games etc. They then sell home tickets in a tiered points system similar to our away one, allowing 1-2 days for each level.

This type of system, if in place, would have ensured that those members who have attended the most games this season would have had priority over those who just purchased one to get tickets for BIG games.

Our members have a points system too on away games and memberships purchased, last season you were guaranteed a ticket on silver membership as that was capped also at 1500 and as stated I was under the wrong assumption it was the same for this season, why ever they changed it is beyond me and a bit unfair in my view.

Our club is brilliant. Honestly they score 9 or 10 out of 10 on many aspects.  I do feel though that the ticket sales system needs re-writing, it is the source of endless frustration, from the website going down to insufficient staff to man the phones to who can get what tickets when.  The whole thing needs looking at.

Can you imagine trying to get a CL ticket to see Barcelona?

Our club is brilliant. Honestly they score 9 or 10 out of 10 on many aspects.  I do feel though that the ticket sales system needs re-writing, it is the source of endless frustration, from the website going down to insufficient staff to man the phones to who can get what tickets when.  The whole thing needs looking at.

Can you imagine trying to get a CL ticket to see Barcelona?

I agree on that, if it relates to the playing staff everything is spot on.

The ticket office/merchandise side aren't disasters but could do with improving.

I think what the Mercury and Radio Leicester should be pushing for, instead of focusing on the touting of tickets, is some transparency from the club on how many of each level of membership they have sold.

Regardless of if you are paying £100 (Family), £75 (Gold), £40 (Silver) or £20 (City), surely you should be made aware of the likelihood of getting a ticket at each of those levels, ie how many they have sold or are willing to sell of each tier of membership. As many top level members have pointed out, the system subtly changed this season from a guaranteed ticket at Gold/Family level to the "best chance" to buy one so they have clearly increased the amount of those sold.

If they have sold more Family/Gold memberships than there are available seats to sell then that should be information a potential Silver membership buyer has when making the decision on whether to buy or not. 

I think what the Mercury and Radio Leicester should be pushing for, instead of focusing on the touting of tickets, is some transparency from the club on how many of each level of membership they have sold.

Regardless of if you are paying £100 (Family), £75 (Gold), £40 (Silver) or £20 (City), surely you should be made aware of the likelihood of getting a ticket at each of those levels, ie how many they have sold or are willing to sell of each tier of membership. As many top level members have pointed out, the system subtly changed this season from a guaranteed ticket at Gold/Family level to the "best chance" to buy one so they have clearly increased the amount of those sold.

If they have sold more Family/Gold memberships than there are available seats to sell then that should be information a potential Silver membership buyer has when making the decision on whether to buy or not.

As a silver member the past 2 seasons I feel let down that I was encouraged to renewe by the club without being provided with the knowledge there was going to be zero limit to members of this tier this season, yes nobody could have predicted the kind of demand we have seen this season but unless the club restructure the whole membership system somehow with loyaty points maybe I don't think I'll personally put another penny into the club as I can't take the disappointment again, I'll have only been to 10 home games and a hand full of aways, starting from the opening game of the season, maybe a lot less than some but still to be told I wouldn't even get the opertunity to purchase tickets for the trophy presentation should that happen, has been a kick in the teeth to me and no doubt thousands of other supporters.

As a silver member the past 2 seasons I feel let down that I was encouraged to renewe by the club without being provided with the knowledge there was going to be zero limit to members of this tier this season, yes nobody could have predicted the kind of demand we have seen this season but unless the club restructure the whole membership system somehow with loyaty points maybe I don't think I'll personally put another penny into the club as I can't take the disappointment again, I'll have only been to 10 home games and a hand full of aways, starting from the opening game of the season, maybe a lot less than some but still to be told I wouldn't even get the opertunity to purchase tickets for the trophy presentation should that happen, has been a kick in the teeth to me and no doubt thousands of other supporters.

The only way you're guaranteed a seat is with a season ticket. Why would you think a £40 yearly membership entitles you to a ticket?

As a matter of law, repeat dealings between two parties are not continuos contracts, each dealing is it's own contract unless an expressly stated long term contract is made. In this case the purchase of gold memberships are individual contracts and therefore each has its own terms. Where a new term has been implied after renewal it could be held to be unfair but generally speaking courts will rule that the memberships are two different transactions and terms from the previous are not necessarily the same as the next. As in this case the club stated that gold's give you the best chance but it Is not stated that it guarantees you a ticket. As a result all though that being stated last season and for this season you have renewed which is seemingly one big contract, any court would rule that they are two separate contracts and upon renewal you are accepting the terms pertaining to the new contract.

As a matter of law, repeat dealings between two parties are not continuos contracts, each dealing is it's own contract unless an expressly stated long term contract is made. In this case the purchase of gold memberships are individual contracts and therefore each has its own terms. Where a new term has been implied after renewal it could be held to be unfair but generally speaking courts will rule that the memberships are two different transactions and terms from the previous are not necessarily the same as the next. As in this case the club stated that gold's give you the best chance but it Is not stated that it guarantees you a ticket. As a result all though that being stated last season and for this season you have renewed which is seemingly one big contract, any court would rule that they are two separate contracts and upon renewal you are accepting the terms pertaining to the new contract.

Nobody is disputing any of the legality of the situation.

The only way you're guaranteed a seat is with a season ticket. Why would you think a £40 yearly membership entitles you to a ticket?

My main point in the OP, is that many of us Gold Fox members who renewed did so under the understanding that we were getting a guaranteed seat. We now know we were wrong to think this. But it was not overt at the time of renewal and I bet many fellow Golden Fox Members only realised this was not the case after failing to get Everton tickets. 

Thank you

Nobody is disputing any of the legality of the situation.

I touched upon it in the OP

My main point in the OP, is that many of us Gold Fox members who renewed did so under the understanding that we were getting a guaranteed seat. We now know we were wrong to think this. But it was not overt at the time of renewal and I bet many fellow Golden Fox Members only realised this was not the case after failing to get Everton tickets.

They should have read the renewal information then.

They should have read the renewal information then.

That's kind of the point of my original post. Perhaps you missed it?!

My renewal info, in so far as I remember was 'click here to renew your Gold Fox membership'. I didn't think to go off and look at the small print. My bad.

That's kind of the point of my original post. Perhaps you missed it?!

My renewal info, in so far as I remember was 'click here to renew your Gold Fox membership'. I didn't think to go off and look at the small print. My bad.

What! Doesn't everyone read the small print?  :revenge:

Archived