Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dipak83

304 Season Tickets Available

I think most agree. The problem is how.

One person's loyalty is shown in a different way to another persons. Simply basing it on the attendance of the previous season or two is far from a perfect solution and  it brings judgment into the equation. A ballot is mathematical and takes all bias and personal circumstance out of the equation.

The only measure of loyalty they have is number of tickets bought for the last 2 seasons, as stated above previous sales were not recorded in the same way. This isn't even based on attendance just buying tickets, someone could be a gold member that has purchased 19 tickets for Leicester matches and sold them to other fans for a profit.

A  ballot is not mathematical it is random, would you need to apply for the ballot? I don't actually want a season ticket, so if I get drawn out they would have to contact me and I would have to say no. If you apply do you have to buy if you are drawn? can you do joint/linked applications?

You could do a ballot where you get one entry for every ticket you have bought, so I would get 10 chances, Ramboacdc would get 17, then it is random but favours loyalty, the problem is all of this is time consuming and costly to manage. Simplest way is to put them on sale to all members who bought more than 15 tickets last season, or more than 25 in the last 2 seasons, and any left go to the next band which are members that bought more than 12 last season/20 in the last 2 seasons.

The only measure of loyalty they have is number of tickets bought for the last 2 seasons, as stated above previous sales were not recorded in the same way. This isn't even based on attendance just buying tickets, someone could be a gold member that has purchased 19 tickets for Leicester matches and sold them to other fans for a profit.

A  ballot is not mathematical it is random, would you need to apply for the ballot? I don't actually want a season ticket, so if I get drawn out they would have to contact me and I would have to say no. If you apply do you have to buy if you are drawn? can you do joint/linked applications?

You could do a ballot where you get one entry for every ticket you have bought, so I would get 10 chances, Ramboacdc would get 17, then it is random but favours loyalty, the problem is all of this is time consuming and costly to manage. Simplest way is to put them on sale to all members who bought more than 15 tickets last season, or more than 25 in the last 2 seasons, and any left go to the next band which are members that bought more than 12 last season/20 in the last 2 seasons.

You're right. 'Random' is the better description of what I was trying to say.

I think if it did go to ballot, I think it could only work if those that wanted to upgrade from Gold or family first had to apply to enter the ballot.

I wonder how many members would actually want to do this. I'm sure there are many who are happy to stay with just the membership. Perhaps a very sizeable amount.

I think giving tickets or priorities for tickets to those who live closer to the ground would be an absolutely shit idea.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Who has even suggested that as a resolution?

The debate is whether people who have attended the majority of games have a priority over those who have attended two or three, regardless of where they live.

Who has even suggested that as a resolution?

The debate is whether people who have attended the majority of games have a priority over those who have attended two or three, regardless of where they live.

Read the thread and it's been brought up as a suggestion. I'm just giving my opinion on it whether it's suggested as a resolution or not.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Blimey this is so exciting, and I've got a season ticket, though the other half and kids are fox family and hoping to get seaso tickets. I think there's one of three ways they'll do it, loyalty based on this season, loyalty based on previous seasons or a ballot, after all you've all paid the same membership fee you should have the same chance. Whatever happens I'm waiting with baited breath, people will be disappointed whatever but they'll have to swallow it and not act like Neanderthals phoning and abusing staff.

We could borrow the owners helicopter and do it in anneka rice treasure hunt styley (youngsters ask your parents)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Didn't Anabelle Croft do it for a while? Mmmmmm Annabelle Croft (youngsters ask your dads).

The club doesn't share your view, they would rather have local fans who are close to Leicester and part of the community. I'm basing this on the way they hand out incentives or gifts to fans travelling to away games, which more often than not rewards only those travelling from Leicester and/or using Fox Travel.

What a load of shit  lol. Honestly where have you come up with that from? Because they give out some cobs at the ground before aways? Where else are they meant to do it.  lol  lol  lol  lol

If your circumstances have changed or nor, if you live next to the ground or a million miles away, it doesn't matter. Season tickets are for people that go to every game, if you have been to every game last season and paid for every game (considerably more than a season ticket) then you deserve to get a season ticket and there is no other way of doing it.

If you do a ballot there is nothing fair about it, what if @@ramboacdc (which is the manliest user name ever) gets one and his mrs doesn't? What if I get one and decide to buy it even though I can only go to about 10 games a year and then I sell on my ticket to plastic fans for profit. What if someone who bought a membership to go to the last games of the season gets one?

I do think the club can do things to make sure more fans get to games  (one would be to not sell these as season tickets, then 300 more members can go to a game) others would be one use priority codes that mean you can skip the queue for 1 game a season allowing people to actually make plans in advance knowing they are guaranteed a ticket.

Other options would be ways to build loyalty by going to cup games and less popular games.

Nobody wants going to Leicester games to become a closed shop, but if they are going to put 300  season tickets on resale then the only fair  way is to reward loyalty.

As a gold member I went to 16 league home games and the two home cup games this season. 

Only problem was, whenever a mate of mine who had a ST wasn't going I just used theirs for simplicity and reduced cost. 

So matches attended = 18. Matches purchased using gold membership = 8

I'm not arguing that I deserve a season ticket over anyone else, just that EVERY scenario will find somebody who feels hard done by.

Que sera, sera.

As a gold member I went to 16 league home games and the two home cup games this season. 

Only problem was, whenever a mate of mine who had a ST wasn't going I just used theirs for simplicity and reduced cost. 

I'm not arguing that I deserve a season ticket over anyone else, just that EVERY scenario will find somebody who feels hard done by.

Que sera, sera.

this

Only problem was, whenever a mate of mine who had a ST wasn't going I just used theirs for simplicity and reduced cost

Que sera, sera.

Loyal fans would have made the effort and paid more, if they truly loved the club :P

To be fair you probably deserve a season ticket more than your mate who has missed 10 games, I'm sure he'll agree and gladly swap his season ticket for your member.

My friend & dad his have managed to get 2 season tickets through a box holder they know.

They weren't the seats they wanted but they are just happy to get a couple.

I appreciate box holders pay a lot of money, but I'm not pleased, if it's true, that the club are handing out STs as 'extra' perks for box holders to pass on to whoever they please. Not sure if that's the best way.

I appreciate box holders pay a lot of money, but I'm not pleased, if it's true, that the club are handing out STs as 'extra' perks for box holders to pass on to whoever they please. Not sure if that's the best way.

if i was paying the amount they were paying for boxes i would expect something in return. 

They get a box. Presumably with some space for guests too. No need to give them extra ST on top IMO.

64 grand a season they pay. if there is a pecking order these guys would be at the top sadly. people go mardy about people who "pay their way up the list with membership" but everyone does it. ST holders to the same in reality. 

I'm trying to buy my mate a season ticket who is a gold member. i shall be trying from tomorrow at 9am - anyone know if the selling details have changed at all?

I think you need to read this thread or you could visit the OS where you would find this statement

After the conclusion of the renewal process, a total of 304 Season Tickets for the 2016/17 Premier League season will be made available to Gold and Family Fox Members.
Over 3,500 Gold and Family Members will be eligible to purchase the remaining 304 Season Tickets.

With renewal rates at 98.7 percent and the increase in demand for the few remaining available seats, the Club will make an announcement on Wednesday 25 May as to how the 304 Season Tickets will be made available.

This process will not change the priority process outlined in the Club’s Membership and Season Ticket conditions. 

The Club had previously stated that any remaining Season Tickets would go on sale on Thursday 26 May, but Season Tickets will not be placed on sale at this time.

The Club kindly asks that Gold and Family Fox Members DO NOT queue at the City Fanstore on Thursday 26 May.

Read more at http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/limited-number-of-season-tickets-to-go-on-sale-monday-3124591.aspx#lpkobK7mLoVeKIv3.99

64 grand a season they pay. if there is a pecking order these guys would be at the top sadly. people go mardy about people who "pay their way up the list with membership" but everyone does it. ST holders to the same in reality. 

Having a season ticket should not be based on your own personal buying power within the club. As has been said, they get a box for their trouble - that's the deal. There's going to be no shortage of potential box holders wanting to snap them up if they get the hump because the club won't dance to their tune. We could scrap all box holder extra allocations (which we should in my opinion) and I doubt any of them would jack it in.

Archived