Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lord Kante

Hull Away - 13th August (12:30 K/O)

On 7/29/2016 at 19:31, Bristol fox .... said:

Takes the p!ss !!!!!!! buying a ticket just to get a point on your account knowing full well your not going to the game, i really hoped the club was going to come up with a solution to stop this kind of trading. 

Struggle to see the problem if he is selling face value. He gets his point, someone who doesn't normally get to go gets an away day. 

11 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Looks like I will have a spare for this along with foxes travel as someone has let me down. Will only sell them together, inbox me if you are interested.

I'd go but the combination of TV, the kick off time, and the fact I am out all weekend watching football this weekend probably means I could do with scoring the brownie points with missus and kids :-/

2 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I'd go but the combination of TV, the kick off time, and the fact I am out all weekend watching football this weekend probably means I could do with scoring the brownie points with missus and kids :-/

Now I've said all that I really want to go... lol 

I'll make an enquiry Costock and get back to you

5 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

how many are left for this?

not sure exactly, but 2 blocks, red, 1 yellow, 1 green and 1 still to go on sale. as a rough idea, think we will shift a few more when it drops down another 10 points at 9am tuesday.

45 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Struggle to see the problem if he is selling face value. He gets his point, someone who doesn't normally get to go gets an away day. 

Opposed to someone down the pecking order misses out twice?! Misses because someone not going buys a ticket and potentially sells it to someone who has barely been away. 

If I was pri 4 or something this would really piss me off more

3 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

Opposed to someone down the pecking order misses out twice?! Misses because someone not going buys a ticket and potentially sells it to someone who has barely been away. 

If I was pri 4 or something this would really piss me off more

Well live with it lol

It's one thing having ST holders monopolize every single away game, I get that you should have priority, I somewhat draw the line when ST holders start telling other ST holder what they can and can't do with their tickets if they want to let someone who can never get an away ticket go for once. 

24 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

not sure exactly, but 2 blocks, red, 1 yellow, 1 green and 1 still to go on sale. as a rough idea, think we will shift a few more when it drops down another 10 points at 9am tuesday.

sounds like a few singles may get to members if i am lucky then! 

1 minute ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Well live with it lol

It's one thing having ST holders monopolize every single away game, I get that you should have priority, I somewhat draw the line when ST holders start telling other ST holder what they can and can't do with their tickets if they want to let someone who can never get an away ticket go for once.

But that makes it right that you should just live with it? I'm referring to the people who constantly do this. There were certain members who all the time last season bought tickets and had no intention of using them themselves. Is that acceptable? 

It's always gonna happen but if someone is doing it a lot is that right? 

Like I say fortunately it doesn't concern me all that much but everyone knows there is some people on too high a priority through manipulating the system 

1 minute ago, peterborofox said:

But that makes it right that you should just live with it? I'm referring to the people who constantly do this. There were certain members who all the time last season bought tickets and had no intention of using them themselves. Is that acceptable? 

Like I say fortunately it doesn't concern me all that much but everyone knows there is some people on too high a priority through manipulating the system 

I do lol 18 games out of 19, I don't think you should be begrudging someone a ticket if they are filling in for someone who does go most of the time.

Well that's a little different isn't it. If someone is doing it every away game than no that is not right I agree with you, it's not really the case here is it someone has clearly been let down and someone else has been shafted by the Murdoch kick off time as they live down sarf. 

12 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

I agree it is not right, and yes I accept I have sold my hull tickets, however, the club invited people on to the away scheme at a time when we couldn't shift tickets in the championship, taking money and meaning they knew how many they had effectively sold up front.

So yes I am sure there are people that take the piss, but they had to earn the right to get those points in the 1st place, and that system has been going a long while.

I was always at the front of the queue in the O'neill years, but dropped down in a few lean years after, having moved out of home, got bills etc, I had to struggle like **** to get back in a position near the top, during the L1 campaign, and have never let it slip again and that has cost me some serious money, when the club offered the chance of not having to fret about tickets I thought why not.

The biggest flaw is in the clubs own system, only allowing 3 or 4 returns else you get removed from the scheme, so they are happy to take my money for it, but then have a condition in place that means the people on the scheme are left with no option. So you could have several hundred people all not able to make every game this season, especially with europe to pay for unable to return tickets, I will across the course of this season sell a few tickets if it means I can make european nights.

The flip side this season is, i'm in a position to be able to afford 30 quid for each away ticket, do I sell it, give it to a mate etc, or chuck it in the bin?

I know it seems a bone of contention, but the club really are doing their best to reward loyalty and it's a bitch if you can't get on the ladder i accept that.

I have the same problem with season tickets, I have mine and brought my kids tickets as soon as they were born, I never thought I wouldn't just be able to buy one of the hundreds of empty spaces around me for the wife or mates if they want to go, now it's a closed shop. I just have to accept it, move on and draw lot's most weeks lol

22 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

I agree it is not right, and yes I accept I have sold my hull tickets, however, the club invited people on to the away scheme at a time when we couldn't shift tickets in the championship, taking money and meaning they knew how many they had effectively sold up front.

So yes I am sure there are people that take the piss, but they had to earn the right to get those points in the 1st place, and that system has been going a long while.

I was always at the front of the queue in the O'neill years, but dropped down in a few lean years after, having moved out of home, got bills etc, I had to struggle like **** to get back in a position near the top, during the L1 campaign, and have never let it slip again and that has cost me some serious money, when the club offered the chance of not having to fret about tickets I thought why not.

The biggest flaw is in the clubs own system, only allowing 3 or 4 returns else you get removed from the scheme, so they are happy to take my money for it, but then have a condition in place that means the people on the scheme are left with no option. So you could have several hundred people all not able to make every game this season, especially with europe to pay for unable to return tickets, I will across the course of this season sell a few tickets if it means I can make european nights.

The flip side this season is, i'm in a position to be able to afford 30 quid for each away ticket, do I sell it, give it to a mate etc, or chuck it in the bin?

I know it seems a bone of contention, but the club really are doing their best to reward loyalty and it's a bitch if you can't get on the ladder i accept that.

I have the same problem with season tickets, I have mine and brought my kids tickets as soon as they were born, I never thought I wouldn't just be able to buy one of the hundreds of empty spaces around me for the wife or mates if they want to go, now it's a closed shop. I just have to accept it, move on and draw lot's most weeks lol

I can see it from both sides,

I will be annoyed if I can't get a Hull ticket knowing that a guy whose one day out a season to the KP is a Capital One cup game, and he just happens to be in the right place right time on here and gets to go to the season opener while I sit in hope that they'll reach P4.

However, I would 100% definitely buy seats for games I wasn't going to and shift them for Face value, if I knew it'd guarantee me an away seat later in the line for a champions league away day or something.

So yeah, it's easy to be annoyed by something until you can take advantage of it. The human species for you.

27 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

I was hoping for something really insightful or a good old fashioned debate when I got a notification i had been quoted.

:blink:

Yeah sorry. I submitted by accident before writing message, then been on the phone! I was going to say you make a fantastic point about only being able to return 3/4 away tickets, per season, on the scheme. If more returns were allowed then they could be offered elsewhere by the club. As it stands, you have earned the right to be top priority and I'd probably do the same as you.

I'm on 167 points so sweating until Wednesday for Hull. Hoping to get to 170 as soon as possible, then should be ok for a lot of games. 

I think the away points system is pretty fair, but as with everything always open to abuse. From my point of view offering family/friends tickets is always going to happen and is acceptable. It's when total stangers are given tickets on a regular basis that it isn't right. I would always worry though that if I gave a stranger a ticket and they caused some kind of trouble at a game, or they sold it on again for an inflated price,  it would be me that lost my season ticket. That's the worst case scenario, but I guess it could happen.

1 hour ago, Bayfox said:

Out of interest Bayfox, do you know anyone who has been kicked off the list?

I'm on the away priority scheme along with most who stand around me week in, week out away, I'm yet to here anyone being removed from it.

I'd imagine they'd look at your history, if you've made most games for the last couple of seasons I reckon they'd be lenient with one more away ticket being returned.

Like you say, we have built our way up to being invited and I'd imagine the club would want to keep the same 700 or so on it.

As for the argument on selling on to get the points, that will never end however it's decided.

11 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

Yeah sorry. I submitted by accident before writing message, then been on the phone! I was going to say you make a fantastic point about only being able to return 3/4 away tickets, per season, on the scheme. If more returns were allowed then they could be offered elsewhere by the club. As it stands, you have earned the right to be top priority and I'd probably do the same as you.

I'm on 167 points so sweating until Wednesday for Hull. Hoping to get to 170 as soon as possible, then should be ok for a lot of games. 

I think the away points system is pretty fair, but as with everything always open to abuse. From my point of view offering family/friends tickets is always going to happen and is acceptable. It's when total stangers are given tickets on a regular basis that it isn't right. I would always worry though that if I gave a stranger a ticket and they caused some kind of trouble at a game, or they sold it on again for an inflated price,  it would be me that lost my season ticket. That's the worst case scenario, but I guess it could happen.

Men, we just can't multi task lol

I agree, I really do understand the frustration of people down the order, and I know circumstances may often play a part, as did mine years ago and I had to curtail my aways.

I try not to sell any past mates if possible but with hull being a shit hole, crap time and on tv, no one wanted to go a week after having done our dosh in london and with a session in mind before arsenal. I agree with the fact you run the risk of being pulled up by the club.

3 minutes ago, promised land said:

Out of interest Bayfox, do you know anyone who has been kicked off the list?

I'm on the away priority scheme along with most who stand around me week in, week out away, I'm yet to here anyone being removed from it.

I'd imagine they'd look at your history, if you've made most games for the last couple of seasons I reckon they'd be lenient with one more away ticket being returned.

Like you say, we have built our way up to being invited and I'd imagine the club would want to keep the same 700 or so on it.

As for the argument on selling on to get the points, that will never end however it's decided.

No i don't but then to be honest I only know about 4 people on it, and my mate who I travel with every week, normally misses the same games as me so we return as a pair, or I let my mate take mine if he can find someone to go with, only missed man city from about dec onwards last season, but did let my stoke and southampton tickets go early doors for finance reasons, but never ever asked for more than face value.

3 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Men, we just can't multi task lol

I agree, I really do understand the frustration of people down the order, and I know circumstances may often play a part, as did mine years ago and I had to curtail my aways.

I try not to sell any past mates if possible but with hull being a shit hole, crap time and on tv, no one wanted to go a week after having done our dosh in london and with a session in mind before arsenal. I agree with the fact you run the risk of being pulled up by the club.

All your comments about Hull are correct, particularly the first one! Great for me though. I wish Sky or BT would would introduce a temporary kick off time of 9.00am, and Leicester were unlucky to be chosen regularly for that slot, just until my priority points guaranteed away days. 

It's great loyalty is rewarded but tough for those starting out.  I go with my young son. Luckily he's been a season ticket holder for 3 seasons now and we've been to a few aways the last 2 seasons. It's been great with the success of the club, but if you're wanting to take a young child starting from this season, you must be praying that we become crap again. 

Just now, Drew Peacock said:

All your comments about Hull are correct, particularly the first one! Great for me though. I wish Sky or BT would would introduce a temporary kick off time of 9.00am, and Leicester were unlucky to be chosen regularly for that slot, just until my priority points guaranteed away days. 

It's great loyalty is rewarded but tough for those starting out.  I go with my young son. Luckily he's been a season ticket holder for 3 seasons now and we've been to a few aways the last 2 seasons. It's been great with the success of the club, but if you're wanting to take a young child starting from this season, you must be praying that we become crap again. 

The point about family is a good one as well, I don't complain about that either as it's just the system, think my boy has 2 points for aways, and my girl has managed to get into the 160's but that involves taking them to swansea away just to get points. They stand no chance of getting to old trafford etc this season or for the foreseeable future without me having to borrow refs myself.

Archived