Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Trump Triumphs

Just now, Webbo said:

Have these victims been forced into this therapy against there will? By the govt?

You've got to be trolling at this point. No way you can be so ashamed of being seen as remotely left wing that you'd deny reality. Fundie parents will ship their kids off to this sort of thing - do you think anyone has ever wanted to be abused?

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

You've got to be trolling at this point. No way you can be so ashamed of being seen as remotely left wing that you'd deny reality. Fundie parents will ship their kids off to this sort of thing - do you think anyone has ever wanted to be abused?

If it's under 16s then possibly. If it's a consenting adult then it's none of my business.

Just now, Webbo said:

If it's under 16s then possibly. If it's a consenting adult then it's none of my business.

Genuinely horrific that you're jumping through hoops to defend torture tbh. 

As for that if. It's not consenting adults who are being put through it.

Just now, The Doctor said:

Genuinely horrific that you're jumping through hoops to defend torture tbh. 

As for that if. It's not consenting adults who are being put through it.

Torture? I have no idea what happens at these sessions but  I'm guessing you're being overly emotive.

1 question, are these "therapies" illegal atm?

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Torture? I have no idea what happens at these sessions but  I'm guessing you're being overly emotive.

1 question, are these "therapies" illegal atm?

Maybe you should try and learn about what you're talking about before spouting off then...

It's banned on a county basis and still legal in much of the US.

Just now, The Doctor said:

Maybe you should try and learn about what you're talking about before spouting off then...

It's banned on a county basis and still legal in much of the US.

So Obama didn't make it illegal and Clinton probably wouldn't have either?

2 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Obamas administration tried with the Therapeutic Fraud Prevention Act a couple of years back but was blocked by congress.

So at worse it'll still be the status quo? 

12 hours ago, leicsmac said:

if you're seriously expecting women and minority groups to throw their hands up in the air and accept what the white Christian boyos in his party and his support want to do to them for the next four years then I think that is a mistake.

Your pretty christophobic aren't you mac? Do you worry that the christians are going to get you?

1 minute ago, GazzinderFox said:

Your pretty christophobic aren't you mac? Do you worry that the christians are going to get you?

I dislike fundies of all religions, but it seems to be that particular one who is in the ascendant in the US so those are the ones up for questioning.

TBH I'm more worried about the climate policy of this incoming administration getting us all than what the fundies can do with legislation, but that's just a psersonal standpoint - there's other groups who stand to lose much more than I.

Well no since Trumps administration could encourage its use.

Why would they? 

If you want to criticise him talk about his protectionism and his borrow and spend policies. Genuinely bad ideas. Don't start inventing hypothetical nonsense just to justify your prejudice.

3 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Why would they? 

If you want to criticise him talk about his protectionism and his borrow and spend policies. Genuinely bad ideas. Don't start inventing hypothetical nonsense just to justify your prejudice.

Because the VP is a massive homophobe who has promoted it previously...

Or I could criticise him because he's appointing people who would mark a massive regression of rights for minorities. It's not prejudice to be opposed to him destroying the lives of millions. Hell the normalisation of Breitbart and the neo-nazis that represents by appointing Bannon as chief strategist is enough for me to be critical of him. He'll be a disaster with far reaching consequences. Not to mention he's a vile human to boot. 

7 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Why would they? 

EPA, Webs. Talked about on these pages a bit. Genuinely bad idea. Care to voice an opinion?

Because the VP is a massive homophobe who has promoted it previously...

Or I could criticise him because he's appointing people who would mark a massive regression of rights for minorities. It's not prejudice to be opposed to him destroying the lives of millions. Hell the normalisation of Breitbart and the neo-nazis that represents by appointing Bannon as chief strategist is enough for me to be critical of him. He'll be a disaster with far reaching consequences. Not to mention he's a vile human to boot. 

His policies may well be a disaster economically but that's different to what your talking about. You make it sound like he's going to introduce gas chambers. Let's me realistic none of this neo nazi stuff is going to happen. They have a constitution and an independent judiciary in America so even if wanted to re introduce the fourth reich he couldn't. Stop being hysterical.

Just now, leicsmac said:

EPA, Webs. Talked about on these pages a bit. Genuinely bad idea. Care to voice an opinion?

I have no idea what EPA is so I'm struggling to have an opinion.

6 minutes ago, Webbo said:

His policies may well be a disaster economically but that's different to what your talking about. You make it sound like he's going to introduce gas chambers. Let's me realistic none of this neo nazi stuff is going to happen. They have a constitution and an independent judiciary in America so even if wanted to re introduce the fourth reich he couldn't. Stop being hysterical.

I have no idea what EPA is so I'm struggling to have an opinion.

I'm not talking economics though - I'm talking from a civil rights point of view, his appointments are going to be disastrous for the muslim communities who are going to live under CIA approved suspicion, accused of being terror sympathisers by the tiniest of associations. For the LGBT people who are going to see their rights trampled on. For the latino-americans who will be unfairly discriminated against (lets be fair "american jobs for americans" basically means for white americans). Alternatively we could talk about the generation that will be left behind because his choice for education is someone who believes it should be gutted and privatised...

The alt-right are neo-nazis, Bannon is a promoter of the alt-right. Don't pretend there isn't a problem in giving neo-nazis more of a voice. It may not end with auchswitz again but that doesn't mean it's not bloody dangerous.

I'm not talking economics though - I'm talking from a civil rights point of view, his appointments are going to be disastrous for the muslim communities who are going to live under CIA approved suspicion, accused of being terror sympathisers by the tiniest of associations. For the LGBT people who are going to see their rights trampled on. For the latino-americans who will be unfairly discriminated against (lets be fair "american jobs for americans" basically means for white americans). 

The alt-right are neo-nazis, Bannon is a promoter of the alt-right. Don't pretend there isn't a problem in giving neo-nazis more of a voice. It may not end with auchswitz again but that doesn't mean it's not bloody dangerous.

Remind me of this when it actually happens.

Just now, Webbo said:

No.

If this is something global warming related, I'm sceptical about that myself .

Asking Scott Pruitt's opinion on climate change would be akin to asking Abu Baki Al-Baghdadi what he thought of yesterday's Global Women's March.

And regarding the checks and balances, again this has been said before but...

The executive is Republican.

Both houses of the legislature are Republican.

The Supreme Court will soon be mostly conservative in thinking and interpreting the Constitution (independent? Nah.)

What checks and balances are left?

1 minute ago, leicsmac said:

And regarding the checks and balances, again this has been said before but...

The executive is Republican.

Both houses of the legislature are Republican.

The Supreme Court will soon be mostly conservative in thinking and interpreting the Constitution (independent? Nah.)

What checks and balances are left?

You're assuming conservative minded judges can't be fair and that every republican is a fan of Trump? If both houses are republican it's because that's what Americans voted for, that's their right. If they had been happy with the previous administration it wouldn't have happened.

Archived