Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Trump Triumphs

14 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'm getting so bored of hearing what "THE LEFT" and "THE RIGHT" do as if there's only two ideologies in the whole ****ing world.

Has it always been like this and I've never really cared or is it getting worse?

I'm not sure whether recent events have made things more polarised or the Internet has just brought the polarisation to the surface, or both.

27 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

I'm not sure whether recent events have made things more polarised or the Internet has just brought the polarisation to the surface, or both.

It's definitely largely an internet phenomena, so it's probably just grown with social media.

Can't say I've ever been sat at work or in the pub and had or heard a conversation that involved "oh the right are all racist" / "typical left calling everyone a racist!"

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It's definitely largely an internet phenomena, so it's probably just grown with social media.

Can't say I've ever been sat at work or in the pub and had or heard a conversation that involved "oh the right are all racist" / "typical left calling everyone a racist!"

Yeah, the anonymity (or relatively so) of the Internet makes people act differently. More honestly, more outlandishly? Who knows.

I'm sure there's some psychologist who has done some work on it already - there's certainly enough data lying about. Just look at Bannon's pet project and how that's snowballed.

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

Richard Spencer was the founder of the alt-right movement so... yes?

I can't find anything to conclude that, no. A quick glance at his wiki page says he claimed to have coined the term "alt-right" - but nothing about him being the founder.

I hadn't even heard of the movement until leicsmac mentioned it on here at some point last year, from what I've followed so far, the leaders of it seem to be uys like Milo Yiannopoulos, a self confessed "black guy dating Jewish homosexual", not really what I hold up a typical neo-Nazi.

7 minutes ago, MattP said:

I can't find anything to conclude that, no. A quick glance at his wiki page says he claimed to have coined the term "alt-right" - but nothing about him being the founder.

I hadn't even heard of the movement until leicsmac mentioned it on here at some point last year, from what I've followed so far, the leaders of it seem to be uys like Milo Yiannopoulos, a self confessed "black guy dating Jewish homosexual", not really what I hold up a typical neo-Nazi.

And haven't they come far since then? :D

Spencer is certainly high-up in that particular movement and his voice carries a lot of weight. Perhaps not the founder, but I'm reasonably sure he gets listened to.

Milo is certainly a rather atypical example of the alt-right, but he would hardly be the first guy to fetishise those he considers beneath him, would he? Numerous examples of that in the past. (Though of course that's by no means a certainty.)

23 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

And haven't they come far since then? :D

Spencer is certainly high-up in that particular movement and his voice carries a lot of weight. Perhaps not the founder, but I'm reasonably sure he gets listened to.

Milo is certainly a rather atypical example of the alt-right, but he would hardly be the first guy to fetishise those he considers beneath him, would he? Numerous examples of that in the past. (Though of course that's by no means a certainty.)

Very, see what you did! lol

Image result for pepe alt right

The Trump situation is interesting for numerous reasons, firstly he's the first president since Kennedy really who cannot be bought - and we all know what happened to JFK...

I also find it remarkably interesting how the media is trying to bring him down at every opportunity, he's not the man the house of representatives wanted, but it tells you everything you need to know about American life that they wouldn't vote in Hilary - an icon of the past 20 years of American rule - that shows the American citizen isn't happy with how their country is...otherwise they would have all gone in for her, the Hilary camp was also remarkably niave in regard to expecting the legacy of Clinton, Bush and Obama to be enough to get them into power. She missed her opportunity because she was too much of the same again!

I don't like Trump on a personal level, the fact he's just removed everything about Climate Change is pretty horrendous, but ultimatly it's down to the American citizen, they aren't happy with how it's gone down so they reach for change - and any change at that. No doubt the CIA are shitting bricks at how Trump and Putin could end up allies in a buisness sense.

But all the protests here about it is pure bullshit, the American public spoke and they wanted a change from the norm, it very well could all end in shit, but they aren't the only country out there that wants dramatic change - look at our own European counterparts.

I know one thing, Trump (despite all the slander) will want to improve the life of Americans, they're his people and he has a lot to live up to, I got a funny feeling he'll deliver against the odds.

This world will end someday anyway, Trump or no Trump, we've built weapons capable of destroying our own planet and thats the beginning of the inevitable.

8 minutes ago, TAFKA Castroneves said:

The Trump situation is interesting for numerous reasons, firstly he's the first president since Kennedy really who cannot be bought - and we all know what happened to JFK...

I also find it remarkably interesting how the media is trying to bring him down at every opportunity, he's not the man the house of representatives wanted, but it tells you everything you need to know about American life that they wouldn't vote in Hilary - an icon of the past 20 years of American rule - that shows the American citizen isn't happy with how their country is...otherwise they would have all gone in for her, the Hilary camp was also remarkably niave in regard to expecting the legacy of Clinton, Bush and Obama to be enough to get them into power. She missed her opportunity because she was too much of the same again!

I don't like Trump on a personal level, the fact he's just removed everything about Climate Change is pretty horrendous, but ultimatly it's down to the American citizen, they aren't happy with how it's gone down so they reach for change - and any change at that. No doubt the CIA are shitting bricks at how Trump and Putin could end up allies in a buisness sense.

But all the protests here about it is pure bullshit, the American public spoke and they wanted a change from the norm, it very well could all end in shit, but they aren't the only country out there that wants dramatic change - look at our own European counterparts.

I know one thing, Trump (despite all the slander) will want to improve the life of Americans, they're his people and he has a lot to live up to, I got a funny feeling he'll deliver against the odds.

This world will end someday anyway, Trump or no Trump, we've built weapons capable of destroying our own planet and thats the beginning of the inevitable.

I guess true freedom does include the freedom to choose destruction.

That's freedom for you - no one said it was all nice.

10 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

I guess true freedom does include the freedom to choose destruction.

That's freedom for you - no one said it was all nice.

To be honest mate i'm pretty anti-establishment :P - which is why all the negative media attention is pricking me to think this is what the office does not want - and why? Because they'll lose personal money, they've had it so good for so many years while a hell of a lot American citizens have struggled making ends meet. You CANNOT have a system where 90% of the wealth is with 10% of the country and expect the 90% to vote the same again! They've had enough of that bullshit.

But my point is that everyones expecting Trump to bring the end of the world, i'll bet once he gets down to it he'll be the first president to actually help improve the lives of the common American citizen, he's not got rid of "Obama-care" for example after originally threatening to do so. If nothing major happens but every American citizen ends up with affordable healthcare is that a win? No other American president in history has done that.

Hilary Clinton was literally the WORST candidate that could have gone against Trump, Bernie Sanders would have crushed him no doubt.

EDIT - also don't allow the "popular" media distort your view, you're buying into what they want, think about it despite what they tell you.

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

Yeah, the anonymity (or relatively so) of the Internet makes people act differently. More honestly, more outlandishly? Who knows.

One study has shown that people who use their real identities on social media behave like even bigger helmets. http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0155923

39 minutes ago, TAFKA Castroneves said:

To be honest mate i'm pretty anti-establishment :P - which is why all the negative media attention is pricking me to think this is what the office does not want - and why? Because they'll lose personal money, they've had it so good for so many years while a hell of a lot American citizens have struggled making ends meet. You CANNOT have a system where 90% of the wealth is with 10% of the country and expect the 90% to vote the same again! They've had enough of that bullshit.

But my point is that everyones expecting Trump to bring the end of the world, i'll bet once he gets down to it he'll be the first president to actually help improve the lives of the common American citizen, he's not got rid of "Obama-care" for example after originally threatening to do so. If nothing major happens but every American citizen ends up with affordable healthcare is that a win? No other American president in history has done that.

Hilary Clinton was literally the WORST candidate that could have gone against Trump, Bernie Sanders would have crushed him no doubt.

EDIT - also don't allow the "popular" media distort your view, you're buying into what they want, think about it despite what they tell you.

Yeah, I'd totally agree that economic arguments won Trump this election. But I can't deny that the science denial stuff expounded by some in his cabinet and support doesn't scare me. It's a big issue. All the other arguments rely on the world staying the way it is, after all.

34 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

One study has shown that people who use their real identities on social media behave like even bigger helmets. http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0155923

Damned interesting read that. Thanks!

1 minute ago, Merging Cultures said:

Trump can't be bought? That's the funniest thing I've heard in a long time.

He's a made man buddy, he has no need to earn anymore money, he's already the first president in history to give up the salary,

I get what your saying, because he's a buisnessman he can be for the right amount - however he's not Sepp Blatter, someone offering him ex million for something shit doesn't add up verses him doing what he has said, improving the lives of the common American citizen. It's more financially important for him and his buisnesses to go in and do it right.

It's ignorant to not suspect he's a danger to the American oval office, they've only got so much, he's got a multinational company that does alright.

He's a made man buddy, he has no need to earn anymore money, he's already the first president in history to give up the salary,

I get what your saying, because he's a buisnessman he can be for the right amount - however he's not Sepp Blatter, someone offering him ex million for something shit doesn't add up verses him doing what he has said, improving the lives of the common American citizen. It's more financially important for him and his buisnesses to go in and do it right.

It's ignorant to not suspect he's a danger to the American oval office, they've only got so much, he's got a multinational company that does alright.

He's not a rich as he makes out, and he does have dirty on him. He's been bought every which way possible.

18 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Yeah, I'd totally agree that economic arguments won Trump this election. But I can't deny that the science denial stuff expounded by some in his cabinet and support doesn't scare me. It's a big issue. All the other arguments rely on the world staying the way it is, after all.

Damned interesting read that. Thanks!

Don't forget the Great Meme War, win that and you win an election these days.

https://encyclopediadramatica.se/The_Great_Meme_War

From personal experience I can tell you the 21st Mobile Shitposting Division took great losses.

6 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

He's not a rich as he makes out, and he does have dirty on him. He's been bought every which way possible.

So what your really saying is you've made the assumption that he's a massive c unt without ever having known him? Or perhaps he went into politics because he actually wanted to go forward and make a difference for his country? And Hilary would have cost more right? Ostrich - Hilary would have been so much worse dude! Are you just repeating what the media tells you - or what you think? Use you brain and look beyond newspapers

20 minutes ago, TAFKA Castroneves said:

So what your really saying is you've made the assumption that he's a massive c unt without ever having known him? Or perhaps he went into politics because he actually wanted to go forward and make a difference for his country? And Hilary would have cost more right? Ostrich - Hilary would have been so much worse dude! Are you just repeating what the media tells you - or what you think? Use you brain and look beyond newspapers

And what makes you think Trump cares more about the average American? His cabinet and the people he surrounds himself don't honestly seem to be on the side of the man on the street. He has expressed open admiration for a Russian leader whose massive personal wealth has essentially been stolen from his own people.

Are you also not just repeating what you've read somewhere?

10 minutes ago, bovril said:

And what makes you think Trump cares more about the average American? His cabinet and the people he surrounds himself don't honestly seem to be on the side of the man on the street. He has expressed open admiration for a Russian leader whose massive personal wealth has essentially been stolen from his own people.

Are you also not just repeating what you've read somewhere?

I actually think he does, you wouldn't go to this extent if you didn't, whether he'll make life better for them is certainly more than up for debate, but if he didn't care about these people I don't think he would have put himself through all this, he didn't need to.

(He also probably has a different viewpoint of what the "average American" is as well to what Obama does)

I've listened to everything he has said, I've seen him try to twist his way out of his own words. I don't have to know him personally to see and hear him constantly lying.

100% think he believes he knows what he is doing. I also 100% think he believes most words that come out of his mouth, two exceptions being the drain the swamp and lock her up shite he used to con his supporters. Oh and the buy and hire American rubbish, when all his items are made in China or Bangladesh.

He has conned people with Trump Uni, he doesn't pay his contractors​, he has been caught with 'locker room' talk, he's deligitimised the intelligence community (and tried to kiss up to them with a shitty rambling speech) and media.

But yeah, I don't go to Mar-a-lago so I can't have an opinion on the guy?! Get off the computer kid, it's tea time.

1 minute ago, MattP said:

I actually think he does, you wouldn't go to this extent if you didn't, whether he'll make life better for them is certainly more than up for debate, but if he didn't care about these people I don't think he would have put himself through all this, he didn't need to.

I sort of agree, his ego will not allow him to want to fail!

Not forgetting how he mocked a disabled man, said Mexico only sends rapists and other criminals, that he wants to use torture, and has asked why can't they use nuclear weapons.

But worst of all is his hair. He clearly thinks we are so dumb to not know that he is combing it over to hide his thinning hair. So basically he's calling us all thick, stupid idiots and deserves a good kicking (figuratively of course).

He believes he can help the people, he just has no idea how to do it and is surrounding himself with racists (Bannon), incompetents (DeVos) and propagandists (Conway), plus the others that are a mixture of all three. As much as I respected Carson when I lived in Baltimore, he doesn't have a clue about Housing, and what about flipping Perry who wanted to get rid of the EPA until he realised what it does. Crickey.

4 minutes ago, Webbo said:

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Anyone seen the video of that loon lighting a Trump fan's hair on fire?

This election has brought out the worst in America.

Definitely. Already we are seeing the Democrats take a similar route to the left here, no ideas speak about why we lost, ideas for job creation, wondering why people went for Trump. No, it's about what the genderqueer community want and trying to claim shit like woman have less rights than guns now, more I see the more I'm convinced he'll be a two term President thanks to this mob.

Looking at the pictures of the wimmins march he has done more to tackle obesity in one day than Obama did in eight years.

Archived