Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Trump Triumphs

1 hour ago, MONreborn said:

You really are a right wing extremist aren't you matt. Why would you vote for trump over hilary (given the chance)? 

Extremist? How so? 

I actually said on the day of the election I wouldn't have voted for either of them.

12 minutes ago, Strokes said:

lol

Im dying, Matts a Nazi for not liking Hillary more than trump.

And all whilst the anti-Trump (which obviously makes them kind, gentle non extremists) protestors are setting fire to Washington. 

43 minutes ago, MattP said:

Extremist? How so? 

I actually said on the day of the election I wouldn't have voted for either of them.

Then how can you express support or opposition if you wouldn't have voted?

49 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Hillary was an awful awful candidate.  Even this idiot beat her.  Think about that wont you.

As someone else said ages ago, 100 million (or whatever the population is) and they came up with those two?

Where were the credible candidates?

1 minute ago, Parafox said:

Then how can you express support or opposition if you wouldn't have voted?

Because we don't live in North Korea and I'm allowed an opinion on things. 

Yeah, Matt's no frigging fascist, for goodness sake.

Neither, I think, is Trump for that matter - it's various elements within the Repub legislature and some bits of its support that flirt with that, though drawing the elements along religious as well as racial lines.

1 minute ago, MattP said:

Because we don't live in North Korea and I'm allowed an opinion on things. 

haha. yes but if you lived in North America and didn't vote you'd have no right of reply to criticise either one. Same as living here, having a vote, not exercising that right, then moaning about the result of the election.

20 minutes ago, FriendlyRam said:

Setting cars on fire now... complete buffoons. 

Trump has only been in a few hours and the car making industry is already thriving.

3 minutes ago, Parafox said:

haha. yes but if you lived in North America and didn't vote you'd have no right of reply to criticise either one. Same as living here, having a vote, not exercising that right, then moaning about the result of the election.

I agree with you if you oppose something that has been elected and you couldn't be bothered to vote, that is farcical. 

I think people are entitled to criticise though if they feel both options they had on offer were substandard.

Just now, leicsmac said:

I'll go on record with this now: the stance of this incoming administration on both climate change and pollution are the most potentially damaging parts of its platform.

And yet that topic wasn't mentioned once during any of the presidential debates

2 minutes ago, WiFoxes said:

And yet that topic wasn't mentioned once during any of the presidential debates

Yep, because it was considered secondary to economic issues.

Thing is, you've got to have a reasonably stable, pollution-free environment in order to HAVE an economy.

1 minute ago, MattP said:

Trump has only been in a few hours and the car making industry is already thriving.

I agree with you if you oppose something that has been elected and you couldn't be bothered to vote, that is farcical. 

I think people are entitled to criticise though if they feel both options they had on offer were substandard.

Actually I agree with your second point, but on reading your initial response saying you wouldn't have voted, I thought, that undermines the point you were making. I have opinions on Trump and Clinton, mostly from what I read and hear about them both. I really think the world is in an even more unstable place now than if Clinton had won. At least we had some kind of handle on her background. Trump is an unknown quantity in terms of political history. knowledge  and experience. He knows nothing. He's not even been through law school, which seems a prerequisite to become a politician in the US. Has he even reached the Senate? He definitely comes across as a maverick, shoot from the lip type of guy with absolutely no political experience. He gobs off and uses his wealth to gain friends and, ergo, power

12 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

I'll go on record with this now: the stance of this incoming administration on both climate change and pollution are the most potentially damaging parts of its platform.

What aren't they going to do on climate change that you think they should do?

3 minutes ago, WiFoxes said:

To the best of my belief this is his first publicly-elected position.

That's what I thought, which makes his election even more concerning. It's like electing Katie Hopkins to PM.

I love the rioters:  It's like they're worried that Tump's going to destroy the country so they've set out to stop him by destroying the country.  Fight potential fire with actual fire.  Genius.

1 hour ago, bovril said:

:D

Archived