Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Trump Triumphs

Big orange twat cancelled the TPP... i knew there must be a redeeming feature.

Dopey picks up his bat and ball and walks offlol and here down under our conservatives are running around saying, "no no its fine we can still have a TPP"

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

He's apparently cancelled foreign aid to organisations who promote abortion.

Which none of them do. Especially the ones that receive USAID funding. However, my wife's organisation is going to benefit, it's Catholic and they avoid that stuff like the plague, so the theory is that they will win more funding.

It's just political posturing:

What is the Global Gag Rule?

The Global Gag Rule, also called the Mexico City Policy, prevents US foreign aid from going to any organisation that counsels women on abortion.

It was first put in place by Ronald Reagan in 1984. Since then, it has been revoked or reinstated every time the party in the White House has changed. It was revoked by Barack Obama in 2009, having been reinstated by George W. Bush in 2001 after Bill Clinton revoked it in 1993.

The end of US money to help women in developing countries be counselled on abortion could have deadly consequences.

The World Health Organisation estimates that more than 21 million women a year have unsafe abortions in the developing world, which accounts for about 13% of all maternal deaths.  

US foreign aid has not gone to organisations that carry out abortions since 1973, when the Helms Amendment was introduced preventing this.

Numerous reports (albeit mainly in the red tops) that Al Baghdadi has been seriously injured in an American airstrike.

Over 26000 bombs dropped by Obama in 2016 alone (over 70 per day) to no avail, then Mattis steps up and hits a huge target within a couple of days lol If true, of course.

5 minutes ago, Darkon84 said:

Numerous reports (albeit mainly in the red tops) that Al Baghdadi has been seriously injured in an American airstrike.

Over 26000 bombs dropped by Obama in 2016 alone (over 70 per day) to no avail, then Mattis steps up and hits a huge target within a couple of days lol If true, of course.

Mad dog has to easily be the best pick trump has made. Who would want that guy as an enemy. 

2 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

He's apparently cancelled foreign aid to organisations who promote abortion.

If that's true will it even make any difference? 

46 minutes ago, Darkon84 said:

Easily his best appointment this, as someone else said. 

Mad Dog clearly has something about him.

Also, it's good to see that SNL have taken the decent decision to suspend writer Katie Rich for her terrible tweet labelling Barron Trump Americas first home school shooter. If their writer is saying things like that, it just backs up how a lot of people feel about the show simply just doing hatchet jobs on Trump, rather than comedy.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/arts-and-entertainment/wp/2017/01/23/after-barron-trump-homeschool-shooter-tweet-snl-writer-deletes-her-account/?utm_term=.0e94e64e39c3

14 minutes ago, Darkon84 said:

Also, it's good to see that SNL have taken the decent decision to suspend writer Katie Rich for her terrible tweet labelling Barron Trump Americas first home school shooter. If their writer is saying things like that, it just backs up how a lot of people feel about the show simply just doing hatchet jobs on Trump, rather than comedy.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/arts-and-entertainment/wp/2017/01/23/after-barron-trump-homeschool-shooter-tweet-snl-writer-deletes-her-account/?utm_term=.0e94e64e39c3

Low, very low. Children are always off limits but I can't say I'm surprised, you get a feeling a lot of people think it's anything goes as it's Trump,glad SNL don't.

Why do these people delete the Tweets afterwards? Surely they realise if there has been the furore over it that has caused them to think about it at least one person is going to have taken a screen shot.

42 minutes ago, MattP said:

If that's true will it even make any difference? 

No, see my comments above. They've not funded orgs that do abortions for years. The difference now is they are preventing orgs from counselling on it (i.e. recommending it) and that has been done in the past by previous Presidents.

7 minutes ago, MattP said:

Low, very low. Children are always off limits but I can't say I'm surprised, you get a feeling a lot of people think it's anything goes as it's Trump,glad SNL don't.

Why do these people delete the Tweets afterwards? Surely they realise if there has been the furore over it that has caused them to think about it at least one person is going to have taken a screen shot.

Terrible really, attacking a 10 year old boy, and definitely not surprised, considering some of the antics so far. There have seem some other really awful ones too, including one describing Barron as a future date-rapist from a guy who, in his bio, claims to contribute to Comedy Central.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's just the done thing now. If SNL were going to fire the writer, they would have done already. Instead, she gets a slap on the wrist and they get double exposure. Once for the initial tweet, then again for the apology. It's a bit of a twisted way to keep the show in the headlines etc and probably not needed, but with everything that keeps happening, I wouldn't 100% rule something like that out.

14 minutes ago, Darkon84 said:

Terrible really, attacking a 10 year old boy, and definitely not surprised, considering some of the antics so far. There have seem some other really awful ones too, including one describing Barron as a future date-rapist from a guy who, in his bio, claims to contribute to Comedy Central.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's just the done thing now. If SNL were going to fire the writer, they would have done already. Instead, she gets a slap on the wrist and they get double exposure. Once for the initial tweet, then again for the apology. It's a bit of a twisted way to keep the show in the headlines etc and probably not needed, but with everything that keeps happening, I wouldn't 100% rule something like that out.

I wouldn't put it past them either, I think we've already seen just how nasty this is going to get over the last few days.

As an aside, it's only Tuesday and Ewan McGregor has already made a huge play for the "celebrity virtue signaller of the week" award, he can expect a couple of decent roles coming up for this one. This one is going to be tough to top, Lily Allen and Gary Lineker must be racking their brains already.

Ewan McGregor @mcgregor_ewan 3h3 hours ago

Was going on Good Morning Britain, didn't realise @piersmorgan was host. Won't go on with him after his comments about #WomensMarch

11 minutes ago, MattP said:

As an aside, it's only Tuesday and Ewan McGregor has already made a huge play for the "celebrity virtue signaller of the week" award, he can expect a couple of decent roles coming up for this one. This one is going to be tough to top, Lily Allen and Gary Lineker must be racking their brains already.

Damn those celebrities and their opinions. Why can't they be like the rest of us? 

2 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

Damn those celebrities and their opinions. Why can't they be like the rest of us? 

I love it when people who rack up thousands of posts of opinion on the internet complain about people posting their opinion on the internet.

15 minutes ago, MattP said:

It's pretty pathetic really isn't it. 1, how did he not know Morgan was the presenter? Surely that's the sort of thing you check before making an appearance, or at the very least, your agent etc does. And 2, Morgan's response was entirely correct. Instead of crying and running away, debate him about it, prove your point/disprove his. At least show up. It's not an act of solidarity to run away. Proving Morgan wrong and highlighting the things that he feels Morgan said wrong would have done 10x more for his supposed cause than just staying at home and refusing to show. Utterly pathetic.

23 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

22 minutes ago, bovril said:

I love it when people who rack up thousands of posts of opinion on the internet complain about people posting their opinion on the internet.

I'm not slagging off his opinion, I'm slagging off his all too obvious Twitter virtue signalling. Had he made a series of points challenging Morgan I would have had nothing but respect for him, I can't believe intelligent people fall for this sort of thing.

People now get respect for refusing to talk to people who disagree with them, they get respect for standing on a stage and saying they want to blow up a government building because the person they don't like managed to get elected.

We live in a very strange times.

17 minutes ago, Darkon84 said:

It's pretty pathetic really isn't it. 1, how did he not know Morgan was the presenter? Surely that's the sort of thing you check before making an appearance, or at the very least, your agent etc does. And 2, Morgan's response was entirely correct. Instead of crying and running away, debate him about it, prove your point/disprove his. At least show up. It's not an act of solidarity to run away. Proving Morgan wrong and highlighting the things that he feels Morgan said wrong would have done 10x more for his supposed cause than just staying at home and refusing to show. Utterly pathetic.

Of course he knew, as you say he could have really done his bit for the cause, gone on the show and made his point by telling Piers why he was wrong, but that requires some effort, much better to type out 140 characters and show in that just how much of a better person he is than the rest of us.

He wanted to show Hollyood how "progressive" he is and judging by the 50,000 retweets it got him it did it's job.

7 minutes ago, MattP said:

I'm not slagging off his opinion, I'm slagging off his all too obvious Twitter virtue signalling. Had he made a series of points challenging Morgan I would have had nothing but respect for him, I can't believe intelligent people fall for this sort of thing.

Of course he knew, as you say he could have really done his bit for the cause, gone on the show and made his point by telling Piers why he was wrong, but that requires some effort, much better to type out 140 characters and show in that just how much of a better person he is than the rest of us.

He wanted to show Hollyood how "progressive" he is and judging by the 50,000 retweets it got him it did it's job.

When was the woman's March and Morgan's comments... Two days ago? 

Not long to build a case against comments made by a long standing journalist with much more experience in the debating arena than McGregor. 

Given he's been booked to discuss his latest film, not the presenters views, he probably made the sensible decision to decline the appearance, no? 

Just now, DJ Barry Hammond said:

When was the woman's March and Morgan's comments... Two days ago? 

Not long to build a case against comments made by a long standing journalist with much more experience in the debating arena than McGregor. 

Given he's been booked to discuss his latest film, not the presenters views, he probably made the sensible decision to decline the appearance, no? 

If someone's opinion is so disgraceful you can't even share a sofa with them to talk about a film I would imagine it should be easy to build a case in seconds that would destroy them. Although I suppose the most sensible thing to do would just be to turn up and do what you have been booked for, to talk about your latest film.

Although if actors are now only going to start only appearing on shows with presenters who hold opinions they agree with it will make it a lot easier for the rest of us to avoid their guff, so I'd be happy with it.

What next? Managers refusing to appear on MOTD because they don't agree with Gary Lineker on not checking the age of child refugees? Militant athiests refusing to go on BBC breakfast because Dan Walker is a Christian?

Archived