Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Trump Triumphs

8 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

Not forgetting how he mocked a disabled man

He didn't actually do that, he does that impression to loads of people.

Looking at the pictures of the wimmins march he has done more to tackle obesity in one day than Obama did in eight years.

Heard that one the other day ;)

Yeah, the left lost because they just don't understand people are hurting.

Bernie wouldn't have stood a chance to get his policies through, but he had ideas and a lot are similar to Trump's platform. He certainly would have been more competent and would have put together a better team. Not that I would have voted for him.

The Dems shot themselves in the foot with Hillary. Trump took advantage. Get off the identity politics train, and discuss issues that affect everyone.

He didn't actually do that, he does that impression to loads of people.

He did.

And if he wasn't mocking that guy directly (he was) he was still doing an impression of someone with an affliction. I've not done that since I was about 13, and we called each other 'spags'. Claiming ignorance is not a defence.

Plus show me another video of him doing it.

26 minutes ago, MattP said:

I actually think he does, you wouldn't go to this extent if you didn't, whether he'll make life better for them is certainly more than up for debate, but if he didn't care about these people I don't think he would have put himself through all this, he didn't need to.

His narcissism is off the charts, that's reason enough to run. He wants to be the leader of the free world. For the record I don't think that's any different to previous presidents, I seriously doubt people go through all that purely to help the average American. 

For what it's worth my assumption of him is close to MC. Maybe he wants to help people, but I think he's easily influenced and he's surrounding himself with very dubious people who play to his ego.

4 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

He did.

And if he wasn't mocking that guy directly (he was) he was still doing an impression of someone with an affliction. I've not done that since I was about 13, and we called each other 'spags'. Claiming ignorance is not a defence.

Apparently it is if you give video evidence over the years of doing the same impression to highlight what you think of a range of differing afflictions or individuals to suggest they have problems...

10 minutes ago, bovril said:

His narcissism is off the charts, that's reason enough to run. He wants to be the leader of the free world. For the record I don't think that's any different to previous presidents, I seriously doubt people go through all that purely to help the average American. 

For what it's worth my assumption of him is close to MC. Maybe he wants to help people, but I think he's easily influenced and he's surrounding himself with very dubious people who play to his ego.

I think this is about right.

Perhaps he genuinely does want to help, but most of the people around him (yes, Pence and Bannon, I'm looking at you), are rather sociopathic and seem to want to pull the strings.

1 hour ago, Merging Cultures said:

He did.

Plus show me another video of him doing it.

There is a video purportedly showing he does it in lots of cases, what it actually shows if you're not blindly defending him is that he waves his hands a lot to make points but also that the disabled reporter impression is obviously more caricatured, expressive and drawn out than the other examples offered.  Claiming he's not mocking the dude's disability is just daft.

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

most of the people around him (yes, Pence and Bannon, I'm looking at you), are rather sociopathic and seem to want to pull the strings.

I disagree with his views, ergo he can't  really believe them either, ergo he's has a personality disorder.

And its sequel...

Senior politician in 'he wants to pull the levers shocker!'

Mental health and shrewd political analysis in one ill thought out sentence. Seriously, when are peeps going to stop trying to win the argument by questioning their opponents mental state? It's just so unbearably boring.

16 minutes ago, GazzinderFox said:

I disagree with his views, ergo he can't  really believe them either, ergo he's has a personality disorder.

And its sequel...

Senior politician in 'he wants to pull the levers shocker!'

Mental health and shrewd political analysis in one ill thought out sentence. Seriously, when are peeps going to stop trying to win the argument by questioning their opponents mental state? It's just so unbearably boring.

Oh, I have no doubt they both believe in what they're saying, hence the remark.

Seriously, single-minded and ruthless pursuit of power for oneself at the direct expense of others with little sympathy felt - I'm no doctor (not in that field anyway) but that sounds pretty textbook to me? Unless it is thought that those around Trump genuinely do have the interests of others outside themselves and their own demographic at heart? Possible?

And yes, politicians of all different leanings have been subject to..."special interest groups" for as long as there has been politics. This is no exception, but it makes the whole "draining the swamp" talk sound rather hollow.

How much do you think 'House Of Cards' was responsible for the election result? I can imagine that it probably cost Hillary a fair percentage of abstentions, as it played straight into the hands of the 'drain the swamp' people. It's fiction, but it's very well-made fiction. 

I'm particularly interested in the views of people who live in the States. I don't know whether it would have had the slightest bearing on anything, but it's a question worth asking. 

20 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Seriously, single-minded and ruthless pursuit of power for oneself at the direct expense of others with little sympathy felt - I'm no doctor (not in that field anyway) but that sounds pretty textbook to me?

And what politician or fat cat or hedge fund manager doesn't fall into that  Discription? 

The answer to to the question you are asking yourself can't possibly be 'they are all mental'.

25 minutes ago, thursday_next said:

How much do you think 'House Of Cards' was responsible for the election result? I can imagine that it probably cost Hillary a fair percentage of abstentions, as it played straight into the hands of the 'drain the swamp' people. It's fiction, but it's very well-made fiction. 

I'm particularly interested in the views of people who live in the States. I don't know whether it would have had the slightest bearing on anything, but it's a question worth asking. 

Started watching the BBC version of this again recently on Netflix, great stuff. Nothing new under the sun though...

11 minutes ago, GazzinderFox said:

And what politician or fat cat or hedge fund manager doesn't fall into that  Discription? 

The answer to to the question you are asking yourself can't possibly be 'they are all mental'.

I think most people who aspire to power (whether in politics or another field) do tend to have at least a bit of that about them, because I'm not sure that anyone has ever made it up there without stepping on someone. So you need a certain...moral flexibility to square that with yourself, I think.

Of course this is based on the assumption that such is a bad quality all of the time, which may not be the case. If, for instance, there was a external global threat (asteroid or whatever) and people weren't listening to it being the case, then I'd sure as hell like what would be described as a sociopath to come in, not listen to anyone bleating, run the show and make whatever decisions were necessary to combat the threat.

It is a very many-layered problem.

3 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

I've listened to everything he has said, I've seen him try to twist his way out of his own words. I don't have to know him personally to see and hear him constantly lying.

100% think he believes he knows what he is doing. I also 100% think he believes most words that come out of his mouth, two exceptions being the drain the swamp and lock her up shite he used to con his supporters. Oh and the buy and hire American rubbish, when all his items are made in China or Bangladesh.

He has conned people with Trump Uni, he doesn't pay his contractors, he has been caught with 'locker room' talk, he's deligitimised the intelligence community (and tried to kiss up to them with a shitty rambling speech) and media.

But yeah, I don't go to Mar-a-lago so I can't have an opinion on the guy?! Get off the computer kid, it's tea time.

and where has that come from? the media by chance!?! so you ignored what i said and then just had a go :rolleyes: - the media has an interest in portraying him this way. Like I also said but you neglected to take into account I personally don't like Trump - but has the past cabinets looked after the needs of the average American? The answer is no - and more importantly it's their country, not yours - so get off your high horse of, "i'm allowed to be offended!" if you really wanna pull that citizen of the world crap start posting about a world government - not about other countries politics.

7 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I'm getting so bored of hearing what "THE LEFT" and "THE RIGHT" do as if there's only two ideologies in the whole ****ing world.

Has it always been like this and I've never really cared or is it getting worse?

Absolutely spot on, the lot of you come across as utter dribbling bellends.

32 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

I think most people who aspire to power (whether in politics or another field) do tend to have at least a bit of that about them, because I'm not sure that anyone has ever made it up there without stepping on someone. So you need a certain...moral flexibility to square that with yourself, I think.

Of course this is based on the assumption that such is a bad quality all of the time, which may not be the case. If, for instance, there was a external global threat (asteroid or whatever) and people weren't listening to it being the case, then I'd sure as hell like what would be described as a sociopath to come in, not listen to anyone bleating, run the show and make whatever decisions were necessary to combat the threat.

So in summary...

All leaders are mental and you're fine with that, especially if an asteroid is about to destroy the earth?

Just now, GazzinderFox said:

So in summary...

All leaders are mental and you're fine with that, especially if an asteroid is about to destroy the earth?

Or in a more nuanced way...

Excessive domineering self-interest from those in power (who have a variable capacity for such) is really good in crisis situations where they're threatened too, because what they do (due to that power) can end up helping everyone. Rest of the time, it's not brilliant.

Power tends to corrupt and attract the corruptible.

6 minutes ago, Bryn said:

Absolutely spot on, the lot of you come across as utter dribbling bellends.

That's Mr. Dribbling Bellend to you, ser. :D

4 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

I've listened to everything he has said.

1 hour ago, TAFKA Castroneves said:

and where has that come from? the media by chance!?!

Yeah Merging Cultures stop listening to things ffs and start intuiting information by more non-conventional means! Maybe use a ouija board or something.

6 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Churchill is your prime example here. Was the right man at the right time, but a pretty crap politician both before and after the war!

Yeah Merging Cultures stop listening to things ffs and start intuiting information by more non-conventional means! Maybe use a ouija board or something.

I know right! I must be watching someone else on TV, or I know the media have been writing his own tweets. Foolish me for listening to words coming directly out of his mouth.

and where has that come from? the media by chance!?! so you ignored what i said and then just had a go :rolleyes: - the media has an interest in portraying him this way. Like I also said but you neglected to take into account I personally don't like Trump - but has the past cabinets looked after the needs of the average American? The answer is no - and more importantly it's their country, not yours - so get off your high horse of, "i'm allowed to be offended!" if you really wanna pull that citizen of the world crap start posting about a world government - not about other countries politics.

Firstly, I've listened to the words coming directly out of his mouth and from his Twitter. Secondly, my wife and kids are American citizens, we'll probably head back there in a couple of years. 7 of the last 10 years, I lived in the US, three years of which I was working in DC. Finally, he is the most powerful man in the world, what he does affects everyone. But there isn't a 'world Government'. If you want, I can post about the Zambian Government, who are my current employers, but I don't think you'll understand.

The Obama administration was hampered by a a Congress that blocked everything. Personally, I think Obama could have done a lot better at playing the system. I don't think Republicans were interested in bipartisanship though, the system has become extremely partisan. Which is not good for the American people. I don't see Trump unifying people either, but for now he has Congress so it's likely to get quite a bit done in the first two years, of he makes it that long!

Anyway, tell me about yourself, for someone who knows so much about American politics that you can comment on it, you must be an American or have American family? At the last you lived there for a bit? Maybe you work in Government yourself?

Archived