Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The whole world smiles

The Return of Matty James

1 hour ago, shen said:

If Amartey is fine as a squad player now, then why would it be in the interest of the club to loan him out?

As babs said, to improve him into something more than a 'squad player'. King isn't going to develop into more than that, neither is James in all likelihood, so we may as well give Dan every chance to improve himself and push for a first team spot long term. :thumbup:

48 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

As babs said, to improve him into something more than a 'squad player'. King isn't going to develop into more than that, neither is James in all likelihood, so we may as well give Dan every chance to improve himself and push for a first team spot long term. :thumbup:

My response would be the same as my reply to Babs' post.

3 hours ago, polarbear said:

Col your lack of understanding over how a squad set up or young player development might work is astounding. 

You've had a bee in your bonnet over amartey all season that any good performances or moments of talent are completely ignored in your mind. 

You also ignore that during the Ranieri days the WHOLE team seemed to have a cautious nervous newly style about them so its no surprise that amartey followed suit (or was given instructions to do so) 

lol

What on earth is astounding about saying that what.... 60/70 million pounds spent? has not improved the first team!!

If that's good squad building give me some bad....

With the money spent, the position we were in and how the club could attract players...to then sign a series of players where only ONE becomes a first team regular (young Wilf), is nothing short of quite scandalous.

What argument exactly are you making?

Lets hope that THIS summer, we don't go out and do the same thing, but that we sign some real quality players who are fighting with the current first team for their positions. In that way, some of the current first teamers may have to be careful they don't get relegated to just squad players.

As for Amartey...I praised his performance after the last game (are you reading the forum or just making random posts?). But as I've said all season..I don' think he's good enough to push the first team for a regular spot. Nor Musa neither. Many comments on the forum are now suggesting a similar view.

8 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

lol

What on earth is astounding about saying that what.... 60/70 million pounds spent? has not improved the first team!!

If that's good squad building give me some bad....

With the money spent, the position we were in and how the club could attract players...to then sign a series of players where only ONE becomes a first team regular (young Wilf), is nothing short of quite scandalous.

What argument exactly are you making?

Lets hope that THIS summer, we don't go out and do the same thing, but that we sign some real quality players who are fighting with the current first team for their positions. In that way, some of the current first teamers may have to be careful they don't get relegated to just squad players.

As for Amartey...I praised his performance after the last game (are you reading the forum or just making random posts?). But as I've said all season..I don' think he's good enough to push the first team for a regular spot. Nor Musa neither.

Amartey isn't good enough atm for a first team spot. You are correct. But he is a utility player. Nobody here is desperate for Amartey to start. Gray came in the same window as Amartey and he isn't first team regular either.

I think you need to readjust your expectations of Amartey.  Look at him as a squad player, a utility player. Not every member of the 25 man squad is gonna be top quality. 

20 minutes ago, Koke said:

Amartey isn't good enough atm for a first team spot. You are correct. But he is a utility player. Nobody here is desperate for Amartey to start. Gray came in the same window as Amartey and he isn't first team regular either.

I think you need to readjust your expectations of Amartey.  Look at him as a squad player, a utility player. Not every member of the 25 man squad is gonna be top quality. 

That's what I do think of Amartey. The point i guess is that what I've always thought of Amartey..or at least having seen him play a couple of times. It's also why I blamed the club for leaving us in a situation where he had to be chucked into the first team when he wasn't ready.

I do wonder sometimes what people read on here. They seem to jump to massive conclusions on purpose just to belittle.

12 minutes ago, polarbear said:

From what I recall he was bought for 5m which is a small portion of the 60m. Which suggests he was bought to fill out the squad and potentially grow into something bigger...

He was also signed I believe before last summer. I've never brought him into last summer's financial equation.

Archived