Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The whole world smiles

The Return of Matty James

3 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

Good luck to Matty - it was interesting to see him bigged up looking back on the utd youth team along with Pogba et al.  

Good luck to Matty - it was interesting to see him bigged up looking back on the utd youth team along with Pogba et al.  

Good luck but surely Lawrence  who is playing out of his skin  at IPSWICH IS MORE LIKELY

Wish him well and hope he gets every minute he deserves. :appl: Could've easily gone a Michael Johnson kind of way, but he focused and fought his way back up.

Probably the only true shining light this season (the rise of Chilwell and Gray being the other two sole positives).

Btw, no disrespect to MJ.

• 2 months later...

What's the situation with his loan at Barnsley?

Can we recall him?

If not, can he, once the championship season is over return to play for us?

Could do with another option in Midfield.

8 minutes ago, Tuna said:

What's the situation with his loan at Barnsley?

Can we recall him?

If not, can he, once the championship season is over return to play for us?

Could do with another option in Midfield.

He isn't in our PL squad - we could recall him to make the tea 

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He isn't in our PL squad - we could recall him to make the tea 

What a farce, do we actually have 25 players over 21 who make up the quota?

Stupid not to include him.

2 hours ago, Tuna said:

What a farce, do we actually have 25 players over 21 who make up the quota?

Stupid not to include him.

Wouldn't have thought it's possible to name a player in your squad and then loan him out for the remainder of the season. 

He is a Barnsley player until they have played game 46. Would like someone to get to grips with the legality of trying to recall players loaned out for a full/half season anyway. I know you can recall players on one month or two month loans but half season is different I believe.

• 3 weeks later...

Well next Season one of my favourite players returns 

here is a selection of comments from Barnsley Fans ! 

Welcome home soon Matty 

"James - Best player we have had in a Barnsley shirt in years would love him back but it's as likely as us signing Harry Kane

James too because he's pure quality at this level but he'll be playing premier league football next season.

James is beautiful to watch but out of reach. 

It's been a pleasure to watch you and I wish you well next season hopefully in the Premiership where you clearly belong.

Absolute class above most we've seen in this league all season

James has been the classiest player we have had for absolute ages. 

Thanks Matty for choosing to come here. I got the impression when we signed him that he had the choice of 3 or 4 clubs and wanted to be here. 

He's played like a player who wanted to be at this club. 

We managed to get the luxury of a Premier League player at a midtable Championship level. He's been a class apart in every game.

Graceful and beautiful to watch. Poetry in motion. Makes the very difficult look very easy and effortless. Thanks Matty. 

Natural born footballer. Different physique, bit the way he moves around the pitch, and goes past players, James reminds me a lot of Peter Beardsley. 

Matty James is sheer class and it has been a pleasure to see him play. If only.... "

Hope he can come back and continue to progress with us. Would love him back hete in a city shirt. He has always been class and could be like a new signing for us if he can get back to his best.

Can't wait to see Matty in a Leicester shirt again.

Have a feeling our CM options next season will be:

Drinkwater, Ndidi, James, Amartey, King.

We won't see much of Amartey/King because we'll be playing once a week most of the time. Imo I think James is good enough to push Drinkwater & Ndidi for a starting place.

Barnsley only have one game left this season, which is next Sunday.

By the time that game rolls around we could be mathematically safe if we beat Watford at home and Swansea succumb to Everton at the Liberty (both games on Saturday).

Following that, with 3 games left, it would give us the perfect opportunity to reintegrate Matty back into our squad. Clearly he's match fit and playing well. I'm pretty sure he'll be able to play for us in that scenario won't he?

1 minute ago, ALC Fox said:

Barnsley only have one game left this season, which is next Sunday.

By the time that game rolls around we could be mathematically safe if we beat Watford at home and Swansea succumb to Everton at the Liberty (both games on Saturday).

Following that, with 3 games left, it would give us the perfect opportunity to reintegrate Matty back into our squad. Clearly he's match fit and playing well. I'm pretty sure he'll be able to play for us in that scenario won't he?

He's not on our 25-man squad, so he can't play.

13 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Can't wait to see Matty in a Leicester shirt again.

Have a feeling our CM options next season will be:

Drinkwater, Ndidi, James, Amartey, King.

We won't see much of Amartey/King because we'll be playing once a week most of the time. Imo I think James is good enough to push Drinkwater & Ndidi for a starting place.

I think we need to be fair to Amartey. CB is his position judging from the AFCON where he did well. So if we are not going to play or try him there, as opposed to CM/DM or even stupidly RB, (which he clearly isn't) then we should let him go. 

He has not had a consistent run of games in any position. Perhaps he might have looked better than DD alongside Ndidi? Who knows?

As for Matty James, I think he could be an asset coming back.

To be fair, if he get's a chance........... it'll be a cheap option in an ara where we've struggled this.

Best of luck to the guy though whatever he decides.......I felt for him when he got injured

It's good to see he was appreciated at Barnsley as well

2 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

I think we need to be fair to Amartey. CB is his position judging from the AFCON where he did well. So if we are not going to play or try him there, as opposed to CM/DM or even stupidly RB, (which he clearly isn't) then we should let him go. 

He has not had a consistent run of games in any position. Perhaps he might have looked better than DD alongside Ndidi? Who knows?

As for Matty James, I think he could be an asset coming back.

I just don't think Amartey suites our system.

He clearly can't play in a midfield 2 & I'd worry for him playing at CB because we invite crosses into our box and I don't think he has the positional sense to cope with that kind of pressure.

Personally I'd get rid of Amartey, but I can see him staying due to his versatility.

Someone needs to push DD all the way because he has been well below what's expected on a game by game basis this season.

I wish James all the best and it sounds as if he's been a great success at Barnsley so hopefully he can come back and put the other players under some pressure for a starting place which is badly needed.

Doesn't solve our attacking midfielder option though does it?  We desperately need someone who can make quick runs from centre midfield with the ball.

On ‎15‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 17:08, lcfceaves said:

And King... he might be a Leicester 'Legend' but he is pants.

But never complains being on the bench and usually helps shore up the middle off the park for the last 10. I wouldn't start him but he's a handy guy to have.

47 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Someone needs to push DD all the way because he has been well below what's expected on a game by game basis this season.

I wish James all the best and it sounds as if he's been a great success at Barnsley so hopefully he can come back and put the other players under some pressure for a starting place which is badly needed.

Doesn't solve our attacking midfielder option though does it?  We desperately need someone who can make quick runs from centre midfield with the ball.

Tom Lawrence has been something like that at Ipswich. It would be interesting to see if he could do the same in the Premiership.

Archived