Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rachik

Is Slimani good for the team ?

2 hours ago, richm77 said:

Chinese super league club after him, the money they are throwing about I would sell. Could get £50 mil, then buy a striker with premier league experience 

That's what I think the best idea would be. I'd like to focus our energy on building a real premier league contender (one that can at least stay in the top 8 teams every year) and focus on youth development. If we sell Islam for 40-50 million then we could easily buy a lot of quality players or invest in our youth program. Or both.

5 minutes ago, USFox said:

That's what I think the best idea would be. I'd like to focus our energy on building a real premier league contender (one that can at least stay in the top 8 teams every year) and focus on youth development. If we sell Islam for 40-50 million then we could easily buy a lot of quality players or invest in our youth program. Or both.

50 mill for Slim? Snap their bloody hands off!

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

50 mill for Slim? Snap their bloody hands off!

It's not just the transfer fee though col he may well be on 5.2m a year. I don't have that much confidence we would sign anyone better. Have we ever had a better striker in terms of stats  in the same period of time after signing back to collymore.

3 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

It's not just the transfer fee though col he may well be on 5.2m a year. I don't have that much confidence we would sign anyone better. Have we ever had a better striker in terms of stats  in the same period of time after signing back to collymore.

He's no worse than any of the others and better than some. But 50 million quid for a player not much quicker than Leo? 

lol

If it's genuine, take it!

The Chinese bubble may well burst. Even the Chinese FA are frowning on many of the recent signings. Strike while the iron is hot and let the Chinese massively overpay for players.

We'd be daft to sell. We couldn't get Deeney for £30 million in the summer and whilst he is a decent player, I wouldn't put money on him scoring more than Slim. The only guy with Prem experience ( other than the Kanes and Agueros of this world) who I feel would be almost guaranteed to score goals is Defoe

5 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

We'd be daft to sell. We couldn't get Deeney for £30 million in the summer and whilst he is a decent player, I wouldn't put money on him scoring more than Slim. The only guy with Prem experience ( other than the Kanes and Agueros of this world) who I feel would be almost guaranteed to score goals is Defoe

You wouldn't take 50 million quid for Slimani?

lol

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

You wouldn't take 50 million quid for Slimani?

lol

Would our striking options be sufficient to the end of the season?

We could obviously strengthen the squad with the money, but i dont think you could get any more of a guaranteed scorer.

5 minutes ago, Donut said:

Would our striking options be sufficient to the end of the season?

We could obviously strengthen the squad with the money, but i dont think you could get any more of a guaranteed scorer.

Our striking options ain't brilliant anyway are they? We don't supply them with enough chances.

If the offer for Slim is 50 million quid, I'd sell at the drop of a hat. And get a proper midfield.

If we can get more than we paid for him, we should definitely take it (assuming Slim would want to move). Considering the efforts made to sign him, he has been very disappointing, aside from the Burnley game. His main attribute seems to be his heading ability (and some effort to pressure opponents) but even his headers are too often off target, or poorly placed. Put simply, he has some merits but not £30m worth. 

(I don't agree with harpendonfox: Deeney would have been a better buy, and cheaper too. His all round goal scoring abilities, ability to hold up the ball and commitment would have been an asset. Ok, not his best season but reflective of the Watford team this season.)

31 minutes ago, oxford blue said:

If we can get more than we paid for him, we should definitely take it (assuming Slim would want to move). Considering the efforts made to sign him, he has been very disappointing, aside from the Burnley game. His main attribute seems to be his heading ability (and some effort to pressure opponents) but even his headers are too often off target, or poorly placed. Put simply, he has some merits but not £30m worth. 

(I don't agree with harpendonfox: Deeney would have been a better buy, and cheaper too. His all round goal scoring abilities, ability to hold up the ball and commitment would have been an asset. Ok, not his best season but reflective of the Watford team this season.)

Fair enough old son but I believe we did offer £30 million. We bought Slim for slightly less

Slimani is never worth £50m....not seen much so far to think he is worth what we paid so if the figure is this level and he wants to go we would be stupid to keep him.

Sell him and spend it on oxlade chamberlain and a striker.......

12 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

In the summer perhaps, but not now, with only a few days to try and replace him. Assuming you would, you'd be happy to proceed with Vardy, Leo, Moose and Shinji as our forward options?

Mate...listen to yourself. This is Slimani and 50 million pounds!

Hes hardly pulled trees up here, did nothing at the African Nations and if some Chinese Super League team want to be so bloody stupid, then let them.

He's probably out best striker..but this season that says nothing.

For one final time, if someone wants to pay LCFC 50 mill for Islam Slimani, then take it and run off laughing into the yonder..

9 minutes ago, Struwwelpeter60 said:

When?

Time is running out.

Who? 

Not too many good midfielders

on offer, right now.

I'm not talking about now.

Like many, I think we need to somehow get through this season, take whatever we can from the Champs League, avoid relegation and rebuild in the summer.

50 mill for one striker and one who really isn't brilliant, would help big time in the rebuilding project.

I've nothing against Slimani. He's the best goal poacher we've got at the moment for all his limitations.

But I don't understand our obsession with signing part-time footballers. A month out of an eight month season is too long especially with the additional disruption that surrounds it.

One player we can probably get away with but three or four is ridiculous however good they are.

I can only imagine it's down to people trading and the profit to be had but it's not good for the team or internal uniity.  

All for One For All is a commendable ideal but "All For One" except when we've more important things to do is something else.     

It's not something I'd invite.    

People are talking about selling our best goal threat? And who's gonna replace him? Another newbie in the PL or a young gun who won't be avalaible for the rest of the season? Are people happy with 50 Mio more and get relegated? Yo, 4 days left and no signing in sight apart from Ramirez who also looks like a panic buy. Maybe. Get real.

On 1/2/2017 at 04:31, Rachik said:

Why every time someone talk about Slimani, they need to specify that Leicester spent 30M to buy him. Yes, everyone know that.

The guy scored 31 Goal/44 apps in the last season. The market is going crazy last two years, and the move was done on the last moment.

If 30M is not good, then blame the staff that made the transaction.

Please, stop comparing 30M to what is the price of Ulloa or another player, they are all in the same boat now.

If we put all those Millions aside, and lets say every player worth 1£.

The important thing to discuss is :

---> Is Slimani good for the team ?

Not when he isn't playing. 

21 hours ago, harpendenfox said:

Fair enough old son but I believe we did offer £30 million. We bought Slim for slightly less

I don't think so. Reports show we bid £25m; £30m and he would have been ours.

The main question to answer is - could we do better with £50m than Slimani? The answer has to yes,yes,yes... 

Archived