Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rachik

Is Slimani good for the team ?

On 20/01/2017 at 09:42, Leamington Fox said:

Andy Drinky never moans and complains?

Not sure why, but some people seem to have taken against Slim.  Some players get the benefit of the doubt.  For many, he never does.

Isn't Andy Drinky in the AFCON Nigeria squad? 

1 minute ago, gcxttle said:

Yes Slimani is good for the team. If he's good value or not I don't really care as it's not my money and even if I did care about the price I don't think £30M means an awful lot to our billionaire owners. 

Yeah but I'd rather have a top UK striker for the price like Defoe etc

4 minutes ago, Livid said:

If there's a decent cross coming into the box he's the man I would want on the end of it.

In general play I think Leo has the edge.

Certainly not looking a £30 million purchase.

Yeah Leo won some critical games for us last season but Leo doesn't realy make a good starter like shinji

He's good to bring on during the last 20mts as a sub.

9 minutes ago, gcxttle said:

Agree but I'd like a powerful striker like Rondon. 

Aye No way is slim worth the 30m mabye where he played but not here.I'd rather have two English strikers for the price or maybe a good defender.I love shinji plays like a kamikazi lol puts 110%effort in but I just wish he found the net more like vardy last season

5 minutes ago, Blackpool Fox 69 said:

I'd prefer Andy Carroll long as we can keep him fit, unstoppable at times, and he can play on the ground too.

Just a striker who's a regular starter in a premier league club. Who even was the last person we got in any position who was a regular starter in a premier league team?

12 minutes ago, Blackpool Fox 69 said:

I'd prefer Andy Carroll long as we can keep him fit, unstoppable at times, and he can play on the ground too.

Andy would have been ideal.we just got carried away with overseas players after kantes epic season

I think our best bet is to build around Slimani when he is back. Can score for fun with the right service. Obviously he isn't Messi with the ball but that doesn't matter in a system that works.

Buy new good defenders that don't need babysitting, try and get a goal or two with Slim then bring on Vardy or Musa when the other team starts to leave space in behind. 

When teams do not leave space in behind (nearly every match this season) then the Vardy hoofball doesn't work anymore, hence his 5 goals all season and months without a ****ing shot. We have small forwards yet play hoof ball against teams that are not leaving space behind. How the **** will that ever work? 

In my dream world we would play something like this 

Schmeichel

New RB new CB Huth Chilwell

Albrighton/Mahrez (Whoever is our best CM team) Gray

Ramirez/Mahrez

Slimani 

On ‎22‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 14:37, lgfualol said:

I think our best bet is to build around Slimani when he is back. Can score for fun with the right service. Obviously he isn't Messi with the ball but that doesn't matter in a system that works.

Buy new good defenders that don't need babysitting, try and get a goal or two with Slim then bring on Vardy or Musa when the other team starts to leave space in behind. 

When teams do not leave space in behind (nearly every match this season) then the Vardy hoofball doesn't work anymore, hence his 5 goals all season and months without a ****ing shot. We have small forwards yet play hoof ball against teams that are not leaving space behind. How the **** will that ever work? 

In my dream world we would play something like this 

Schmeichel

New RB new CB Huth Chilwell

Albrighton/Mahrez (Whoever is our best CM team) Gray

Ramirez/Mahrez

Slimani 

I think this is very dangerous route to go down. It's one thing playing hoofball because we've got no options and we're panicking. It's another to actually intend to play that way. It's such a limited style of play and no progressive side should intend to use it. The reason Vardy isn't working is because we aren't playing to our strengths. And also, obviously, Vardy isn't working.

Teams WILL leave space in behind if we make them. We're not playing intelligently enough to give ourselves the opportunity to break quickly.

Slimani isn't even good enough at holding the ball up to get us up the pitch in order to get into crossing positions.

If we start building the team around Slimani we will become a very negative side.

For the last time, we need to get back to what we were doing last season. Building the team around some slow lummox is absolute madness.

Vardy is the man we have always built things around and that's why we've been successful. Until he pulls his finger out of his arse (along with the others) or we bring in a similar striker who is willing to work for the team.

4 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

I think this is very dangerous route to go down. It's one thing playing hoofball because we've got no options and we're panicking. It's another to actually intend to play that way. It's such a limited style of play and no progressive side should intend to us it. The reason Vardy isn't working is because we aren't playing to our strengths. And also, obviously, Vardy isn't working.

Teams WILL leave space in behind if we make them. We're not playing intelligently enough to give ourselves the opportunity to break quickly.

Slimani isn't even good enough at holding the ball up to get us up the pitch in order to get into crossing positions.

If we start building the team around Slimani we will become a very negative side.

For the last time, we need to get back to what we were doing last season. Building the team around some slow lummox is absolute madness.

Vardy is the man we have always built things around and that's why we've been successful. Until he pulls his finger out of his arse (along with the others) or we bring in a similar striker who is willing to work for the team.

This

We need to find a way of getting our two remaining 'X Factor' players i.e., Mahrez and Vardy into games again to progress, or should I say make the difference. On their day both are unplayable.

Slimani can be useful I believe but his threat at PL level seems to be from crosses. He does not seem so far, to hold the ball up well enough to build the team around. Hoofball from the back is not the way to utilise him best, but getting Albrighton or whoever to the byline to deliver crosses will do the trick.

On 1/21/2017 at 21:50, gcxttle said:

Berahino and someone from the championship like Gayle or Hogan?

Not sure Berahino is what we need given his antics over the last couple of years.

Gayle, Defoe yes, Berahino, no. Luckily we weren't in for him.

Archived