Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rachik

Is Slimani good for the team ?

7 minutes ago, Leamington Fox said:

Andy Drinky never moans and complains?

Not sure why, but some people seem to have taken against Slim.  Some players get the benefit of the doubt.  For many, he never does.

I think the rules are, if you're new to the team then you're a terrible footballer until you prove otherwise.

7 minutes ago, Leamington Fox said:

Not sure why, but some people seem to have taken against Slim.  Some players get the benefit of the doubt.  For many, he never does.

I don't think any fan, wants to take against a player, it is usually a reaction to their performance on the pitch.

Obviously I meant "And Drinky" not "Andy Drinky"!

If every fan just reacted to the performance on the pitch, we would not get such divergent views.  It is much more subjective than that.  For some, Slim's grimacing and looking pissed off demonstrate his commitment and determination to win.  We all have some preconceptions which are hard to shake off. 

17 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I've noticed a lot of finger pointing from him. Quite a few times he's pointed at an oppo player, as if to suggest someone should close them down... despite him being clearly the best placed person to do so.

Lack of English language ? 

Personally I love it. 

If a striker isn't in his manner, he isnt a goalscorer. In a team totally devoid of ambition, he's a breath of fresh air. 

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

Lack of English language ?

Point was he really should have been closing the player down himself rather than trying to pass him off to someone else who was in a worse position to do so.

Now, only he knows if he was knackered and needed a breather. He's not shy of chasing people down, but it's been a growing trend I've started to notice.

Just now, Babylon said:

Point was he really should have been closing the player down himself rather than trying to pass him off to someone else who was in a worse position to do so.

Now, only he knows if he was knackered and needed a breather. He's not shy of chasing people down, but it's been a growing trend I've started to notice.

To be honest I think pressing up front in this team currently is a pretty worthless task as Vardy has found out and now stopped doing. 

If the midfield is about thirty yard behind you, it's a thankless purpose. 

A goal roughly every 180 minutes in the league. Decent that.

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

To be honest I think pressing up front in this team currently is a pretty worthless task as Vardy has found out and now stopped doing.

Of course, you have to judge each time on it's own, but they were often times where we had bodies, had them playing it about their area and it let them out too easily.

Ruud van Nistelrooy was also a moaner. Heard stories of how him and Ronaldo used to clash, and RVN used to berate other players whenever the device was poor. 

Our service is wank. Just long hoofs expecting Vardy to chase down lost causes and Slimani to bring impossible balls down and hold it up.  75% of our balls go over Slimani's head. 

Also, Slimani may be technically poor but he scored bucket load in a Sporting side who is full of technically gifted players and have 70%+ possession regularly.

I think a lot of pointing that slimani did in games is not to tell the other players to chase the guy with the ball. But, to just make it harder for him to pass. Don't attack him but stand in between the lines and passing channels to give the team a better chance of getting the ball back.

53 minutes ago, the fox said:

I think a lot of pointing that slimani did in games is not to tell the other players to chase the guy with the ball. But, to just make it harder for him to pass. Don't attack him but stand in between the lines and passing channels to give the team a better chance of getting the ball back.

'Stop the lanes' it's called 

2 hours ago, Leamington Fox said:

It's weird that he's our top scorer, our most hardworking forward and shows plenty of aggression and desire for the cause yet a lot of fans don't like him.

His traits are the definition of a fans favourite.

I personally really like him. 

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

It's weird that he's our top scorer, our most hardworking forward and shows plenty of aggression and desire for the cause yet a lot of fans don't like him.

His traits are the definition of a fans favourite.

I personally really like him. 

I'm pretty sure the price tag is the reason. If  cost £15m the same people calling him lazy and shit would say he is amazing. 

Some awesome comments here. Slim, who's by the way the acutal team's top scorer and one of the hardest workers on the pitch, is absolutely loved and missed in a club which would the wreck the current us without even going in second gear. But some fans think he's just average and some even want their money back.

10 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Some awesome comments here. Slim, who's by the way the acutal team's top scorer and one of the hardest workers on the pitch, is absolutely loved and missed in a club which would the wreck the current us without even going in second gear. But some fans think he's just average and some even want their money back.

Most expensive signing in history.  He has done well but nothing wrong with high expectations

9 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

Most expensive signing in history.  He has done well but nothing wrong with high expectations

If he got enough service and was missing one goal after another, I'd be right with you. But he plays most of the time out of position, far from the box and is getting almost no crosses. He's a target man, a finisher with a great goal awareness, capable of linking up and holding the ball. His place is near or in the box. You can't expect from him to go past two or three defenders. He just can't, his (lack of) technique won't allow it. 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 would suit him. Not that bloody 4-4-2 (without  kanté) which only made everyone looks like a championship player.

The people who bought him know that well enough. It's about time for the fans to understand it as well. 

Just now, ZeGuy said:

If he got enough service and was missing one goal after another, I'd be right with you. But he plays most of the time out of position, far from the box and is getting almost no cross. He's a target man, a finisher with a great goal awareness, capable of linking up and holding the ball. His place is near or in the box. You can't expect from him to go past two or three defenders. He just can't, his (lack of) technique won't allow it. 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 would suit him. Not that bloody 4-4-2 (without  kanté) which only made everyone look like championship player.

The people who bought him know that well enough. It's about time for the fans to understand it as well. 

Think thats the 1st time someone made a counter point and I gave a reputation spot on

Archived