SMX11

Chicken pox

18 posts in this topic

Unfortunately I have the pleasure of having chicken pox as an adult. Has anyone come across a good way of reducing the itching? I have used calomine but it has only had a minor affect and it says I shouldn't use it on my face.

Try to take your mind off it. Grab a pen and see what funny dot to dots you can make.

1 hour ago, SMX11 said:

Unfortunately I have the pleasure of having chicken pox as an adult. Has anyone come across a good way of reducing the itching? I have used calomine but it has only had a minor affect and it says I shouldn't use it on my face.

Anti-histamine's should help.

Have the doctors not given you anything. I've had it 4 times now, once as an adult which was way worse than when I was a kid. Anyway, they gave me some tablets which caught it early enough to not cause me too much grief with the spots. The fever that came with it though was evil.

Eurax cream - from tesco/boots etc

5 hours ago, SMX11 said:

Sorry about that. Had it as a kid it's not nice. 

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Here is a picture of Luke Chadwick, hope it helps.

IMG_5580.JPG

As well as antihistamines try a lukewarm oatmeal bath every 4 hours and in between put some pure honey on the itchy bits .... Have carrot and coriander soup every day (tastes good too) which is highly beneficial ....

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Have the doctors not given you anything. I've had it 4 times now, once as an adult which was way worse than when I was a kid. Anyway, they gave me some tablets which caught it early enough to not cause me too much grief with the spots. The fever that came with it though was evil.

I have the anti viral medicine. So hopefully that will mitigate the severity. Fever comes and goes but as you say it is quite nasty.

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

As well as antihistamines try a lukewarm oatmeal bath every 4 hours and in between put some pure honey on the itchy bits .... Have carrot and coriander soup every day (tastes good too) which is highly beneficial ....

The oatmeal bath was beneficial, relieved a lot of the itching on the body. Will have to look into the food.

22 minutes ago, SMX11 said:

The oatmeal bath was beneficial, relieved a lot of the itching on the body. Will have to look into the food.

Defo worth it on the soup ...   Home made of course ...   Lots of benefits.

Good luck mate ...    Nasty little fooker that Chickenpox.

This thread got me thinking and I've asked a few questions. I know I've had Rubella as a kid (when I was in Germany) but It looks like I've never been inoculated for anything....ever!

Should I be concerned?

53 minutes ago, Great Boos Up said:

This thread got me thinking and I've asked a few questions. I know I've had Rubella as a kid (when I was in Germany) but It looks like I've never been inoculated for anything....ever!

Should I be concerned?

Yes ....    Leave the forum immediately and take plenty of fluids ...  

Just now, Countryfox said:

Yes ....    Leave the forum immediately and take plenty of fluids ...  

I have and currently am drinking lots of R3COH. The cure for EVERYTHING, apart from alcoholism, in which case I'm fooked.

13 hours ago, Great Boos Up said:

Should I be concerned?

Where else would you get German Measles?

20 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Thought the whole point was that you could only get it once?

6 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Thought the whole point was that you could only get it once?

That's a myth. If your body never develops the antibodies to fight it then it can and will come back. 

21 hours ago, Great Boos Up said:

I have and currently am drinking lots of R3COH. 

Sounds like a car number plate ...