Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SMX11

Chicken pox

Unfortunately I have the pleasure of having chicken pox as an adult. Has anyone come across a good way of reducing the itching? I have used calomine but it has only had a minor affect and it says I shouldn't use it on my face.

1 hour ago, SMX11 said:

Unfortunately I have the pleasure of having chicken pox as an adult. Has anyone come across a good way of reducing the itching? I have used calomine but it has only had a minor affect and it says I shouldn't use it on my face.

Anti-histamine's should help.

Have the doctors not given you anything. I've had it 4 times now, once as an adult which was way worse than when I was a kid. Anyway, they gave me some tablets which caught it early enough to not cause me too much grief with the spots. The fever that came with it though was evil.

5 hours ago, SMX11 said:

Sorry about that. Had it as a kid it's not nice. 

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Have the doctors not given you anything. I've had it 4 times now, once as an adult which was way worse than when I was a kid. Anyway, they gave me some tablets which caught it early enough to not cause me too much grief with the spots. The fever that came with it though was evil.

I have the anti viral medicine. So hopefully that will mitigate the severity. Fever comes and goes but as you say it is quite nasty.

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

As well as antihistamines try a lukewarm oatmeal bath every 4 hours and in between put some pure honey on the itchy bits .... Have carrot and coriander soup every day (tastes good too) which is highly beneficial ....

The oatmeal bath was beneficial, relieved a lot of the itching on the body. Will have to look into the food.

22 minutes ago, SMX11 said:

The oatmeal bath was beneficial, relieved a lot of the itching on the body. Will have to look into the food.

Defo worth it on the soup ...   Home made of course ...   Lots of benefits.

Good luck mate ...    Nasty little fooker that Chickenpox.

53 minutes ago, Great Boos Up said:

This thread got me thinking and I've asked a few questions. I know I've had Rubella as a kid (when I was in Germany) but It looks like I've never been inoculated for anything....ever!

Should I be concerned?

Yes ....    Leave the forum immediately and take plenty of fluids ...  

13 hours ago, Great Boos Up said:

This thread got me thinking and I've asked a few questions. I know I've had Rubella as a kid (when I was in Germany) but It looks like I've never been inoculated for anything....ever!

Should I be concerned?

Where else would you get German Measles?

20 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Thought the whole point was that you could only get it once?

Archived