foxfanazer Posted 13 January 2017 Posted 13 January 2017 After a very underwhelming first half of this season things seem to be on the up (slightly). A win tomorrow against a strong Chelsea side could see us as high as 11th in the league, easily qualified through our CL Group and in to the next round of the FA Cup after a tricky fixture. I think most realistic fans would've taken that in August. Some of the new signings seem to be bedding in nicely now and we still seem to be active in this transfer window. Claudio also seems to have realised that we can't play 4-4-2 in every game. I've been very critical of him and the players this season but maybe things aren't so bad. Beat Sevilla and Derby and who knows what we can do!
Babylon Posted 13 January 2017 Posted 13 January 2017 Lose to Chelsea, Seville and Derby and it won't look so good though. We're still in real trouble in the league. We've relied on home games to keep us out of trouble, we only have 9 left and that includes United, Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs. Which we could realistically easily lose. so that leaves us 5 home games again Hull, Stoke, Sunderland, Watford and Bournemouth where we need to be looking at winning all of them if our away form doesn't pick up.
foxfanazer Posted 13 January 2017 Author Posted 13 January 2017 1 minute ago, Babylon said: Lose to Chelsea, Seville and Derby and it won't look so good though. We're still in real trouble in the league. We've relied on home games to keep us out of trouble, we only have 9 left and that includes United, Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs. Which we could realistically easily lose. so that leaves us 5 home games again Hull, Stoke, Sunderland, Watford and Bournemouth where we need to be looking at winning all of them if our away form doesn't pick up. Yeah this is true. I probably should have waited until after the Chelsea game but I've just got a funny feeling we'll win tomorrow. I actually think we'll pick up a few more points on the road now CR has realised that 4-4-2 isn't always the best option. I've been as cynical as you mate believe me but little things are startingto encourage me that we are on the up
Babylon Posted 13 January 2017 Posted 13 January 2017 1 minute ago, foxfanazer said: Yeah this is true. I probably should have waited until after the Chelsea game but I've just got a funny feeling we'll win tomorrow. I actually think we'll pick up a few more points on the road now CR has realised that 4-4-2 isn't always the best option. I've been as cynical as you mate believe me but little things are startingto encourage me that we are on the up I'm certainly more positive now he's actually made the change. We'll certainly lose a lot less away now, starting picking up a point every away game and it removes the pressure on the home games so much.
Guest Lako42 Posted 13 January 2017 Posted 13 January 2017 I'm not expecting or demanding a win tomorrow. It's one of the few games in the league where they are clearly a much more talented side and if they click they should win. I'll be cheering the boys on for the 90 in the hope we can give them a good run though.
Guest CityFan 06 Posted 13 January 2017 Posted 13 January 2017 Very good post. It is feeling like we have turned a corner slightly, or at least I hope so.
Countryfox Posted 13 January 2017 Posted 13 January 2017 4 hours ago, Babylon said: Lose to Chelsea, Seville and Derby and it won't look so good though. We're still in real trouble in the league. We've relied on home games to keep us out of trouble, we only have 9 left and that includes United, Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs. Which we could realistically easily lose. so that leaves us 5 home games again Hull, Stoke, Sunderland, Watford and Bournemouth where we need to be looking at winning all of them if our away form doesn't pick up. Luckily there's some right sh1te below us in the prem so we should stay up ..... As for the CL, let's be honest, every game forward is a bonus ... And as for the FA cup ... Who knows, if a team can beat the odds and win the league we've got to be in with a shout !
Guest Col city fan Posted 13 January 2017 Posted 13 January 2017 We are on a tightrope for sure. Like the OP said, win the next couple or three and we've turned a corner. Lose them and we look in trouble. Its that close REALLY at present. However, I think we have a better team now. I think that might (hopefully) make the difference.
NotTheMarketLeader Posted 13 January 2017 Posted 13 January 2017 4 hours ago, Babylon said: Lose to Chelsea, Seville and Derby and it won't look so good though. We're still in real trouble in the league. We've relied on home games to keep us out of trouble, we only have 9 left and that includes United, Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs. Which we could realistically easily lose. so that leaves us 5 home games again Hull, Stoke, Sunderland, Watford and Bournemouth where we need to be looking at winning all of them if our away form doesn't pick up. 'Tis true. However, I am much more optimistic now we have a 'proper' PL midfield in 'Drinks, Diddyman and Menders'. If they stay fit there is room for a big improvement to give us a different type of season to the one we have recently endured.
Buzzell Posted 13 January 2017 Posted 13 January 2017 I think the fact that Drinkwater and Mendy are fit and now with Ndidi in the squad with also Amartey looking decent we look a lot stronger. Just hoping that Vardy can get back to scoring ways. But we all know it's so unpredictable. Knowing Leicester we will beat Chelsea and then lose to Southampton.
Babylon Posted 13 January 2017 Posted 13 January 2017 1 minute ago, NotTheMarketLeader said: 'Tis true. However, I am much more optimistic now we have a 'proper' PL midfield in 'Drinks, Diddyman and Menders'. If they stay fit there is room for a big improvement to give us a different type of season to the one we have recently endured. What baffles me is that we didn't even try it when we had the "weaker" midfield. Surely that was the time to be playing three to be giving "lesser" players more support. Now we've got supposed better players, we're suddenly loading the middle. Odd.
Nick Posted 13 January 2017 Posted 13 January 2017 4 hours ago, Babylon said: Lose to Chelsea, Seville and Derby and it won't look so good though. We're still in real trouble in the league. We've relied on home games to keep us out of trouble, we only have 9 left and that includes United, Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs. Which we could realistically easily lose. so that leaves us 5 home games again Hull, Stoke, Sunderland, Watford and Bournemouth where we need to be looking at winning all of them if our away form doesn't pick up. Babs, I'd like to respectfully refer you to the thread title.
Guest Col city fan Posted 13 January 2017 Posted 13 January 2017 8 minutes ago, Babylon said: What baffles me is that we didn't even try it when we had the "weaker" midfield. Surely that was the time to be playing three to be giving "lesser" players more support. Now we've got supposed better players, we're suddenly loading the middle. Odd. Same here. I never understood that at all. Is it looking likely we'll stick with the three in the middle?
Nick Posted 13 January 2017 Posted 13 January 2017 Just now, Col city fan said: Same here. I never understood that at all. Is it looking likely we'll stick with the three in the middle? I think a couple of things have happened - the first is that even if he wanted to change the formation before, CR believed that he didn't have the personnel. Secondly, the first half of this season has been a learning curve - Ranieri has played 442 or slight variations of it just about wherever he's been - I think this season he has begun to see he needs a plan B - especially away from home. I don't think he was even going to contemplate implementing any change until he had the players to back it up. I can readily see us now playing 442, 433, 4231 & 451.
Babylon Posted 13 January 2017 Posted 13 January 2017 12 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said: Babs, I'd like to respectfully refer you to the thread title. He did say "a bit"... I think his post covered that.
Nick Posted 13 January 2017 Posted 13 January 2017 Just now, Babylon said: He did say "a bit"... I think his post covered that. One might consider that your retort disproportionately urinated over said perspective!
NotTheMarketLeader Posted 13 January 2017 Posted 13 January 2017 32 minutes ago, Babylon said: What baffles me is that we didn't even try it when we had the "weaker" midfield. Surely that was the time to be playing three to be giving "lesser" players more support. Now we've got supposed better players, we're suddenly loading the middle. Odd. Agreed.
Ian Nacho Posted 13 January 2017 Posted 13 January 2017 9 hours ago, foxfanazer said: After a very underwhelming first half of this season things seem to be on the up (slightly). A win tomorrow against a strong Chelsea side could see us as high as 11th in the league, easily qualified through our CL Group and in to the next round of the FA Cup after a tricky fixture. I think most realistic fans would've taken that in August. Some of the new signings seem to be bedding in nicely now and we still seem to be active in this transfer window. Claudio also seems to have realised that we can't play 4-4-2 in every game. I've been very critical of him and the players this season but maybe things aren't so bad. Beat Sevilla and Derby and who knows what we can do! We've kept saying after a good performance things are on the up and then the next game we're just sent back down to earth but lets hope things are different tomorrow.
deep blue Posted 14 January 2017 Posted 14 January 2017 18 hours ago, buzzer_b said: I think the fact that Drinkwater and Mendy are fit and now with Ndidi in the squad with also Amartey looking decent we look a lot stronger. Just hoping that Vardy can get back to scoring ways. But we all know it's so unpredictable. Knowing Leicester we will beat Chelsea and then lose to Southampton. I hope that, with a midfield that covers much better defensively, we might find that it frees Mahrez in his attacking play. He may come back to slot into this team, unrecognisable as the player who was so ineffective in the firest half of the season. That would ignite Vardy too, and give the whole team a lift. Let ' s hope so!
cityfanlee23 Posted 14 January 2017 Posted 14 January 2017 Just now, foxfanazer said: Mods please close thread What exactly is going wrong and how can we fix it, i'm not sure a few defenders will sort it out? Our players were almost telepathic last season now they are like headless chickens! I know Kante was class but half our team don't even know what they are doing these days, last season it was pass and move, this season it's pass and stand still, we literally have NOTHING going forward, ranieri looks tactially out of his depth this season, I'm happy for us to play 352 or anything other than 4-4-2, but to start that system against the best in the league when our defense are already crap is just unnecessary surely? I'm hoping a couple of defenders will take the pressure off everyone else to be able to have a bit of freedom, but i'm just not convinced because we can't even do the basics. I wan't Ranieri to stay, let me make that clear. But can he realistically fix this mess? Survival is somewhat of a success, but we have had the biggest opportunity in our history to build the club and instead we have fallen off a cliff, i'd have been happy not winning games if we were actually playing well, we are playing like a championship side, I'm thinking we played better in our survival season IMO. Just look at the last goal conceded, Absolute shambles in every single position.
Guest Col city fan Posted 14 January 2017 Posted 14 January 2017 8 minutes ago, foxfanazer said: Mods please close thread oh dear..
Sir Shep Posted 14 January 2017 Posted 14 January 2017 We're shit, but luckily there are far worse teams than us!
cityfanlee23 Posted 14 January 2017 Posted 14 January 2017 Just now, Sir Shep said: We're shit, but luckily there are far worse teams than us! Problem is they can hit form at any time, we need to make sure we hit form sooner rather than later or make no mistake, we are on the verge, surely we must hit form soon? At present we cant string 2 spirited performances together.
Guest Col city fan Posted 14 January 2017 Posted 14 January 2017 It is a bloody good job there are some rubbish teams down the bottom this season. With the utter garbage we've churned out, if the average was a bit closer, we'd be right in the mire.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.