Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wilson_6

Burnley 1-0 City Full time

6 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

He wasn't for sale.  Don't get the idea you were £1m or £2m short - he was not for sale, because he wasn't screaming to be let go, and because Burnley were very confident that his value would vastly increase with a season in the Prem, and because having justwon promotion it would have been a kick in the teeth for the fans to sell one of the stars, and because Burnley had made £50m profit in 2 years and didn't need to sell.

Incorrect - he was keen as mustard to go. We didn't stump up 25m despite Walshy asking for us to.

Poor performance but lets remember we should have had a penalty and Heaton sent off not to mention their goal which was blatantly handball.

Regardless of the performance, they didn't score until the 87th minute and given they have the best home record in europe that's not bad going. Especially as we should have had said penalty.

I'm slightly concerned but I really think we will get it right when Slimani returns.

4 hours ago, Orange seat said:

Schmecial came over and clapped for a while right in front of us all, you could tell he was still pissed off at the handball decision. Morgan stood completly still with his back to the fans looking into space for quite a while but then did turn round and gave a little clap, Albrighton looked and clapped at us all as he made his way across from the dugout. Think Drinky was complaining to the ref, most the rest of them just walked off though you could tell that Fuchs was still ranting as he went down the tunnel. No booing from our lot, but not much applauding either. 

Agree with this about who came over at the end. Then Danny Simpson has the cheek to ask the fans to get behind then team. What does he think we do I went last night in the pouring rain and very few came over to acknowledge the fans and Simpson comes out with this crap statement. This should be a 2 way thing they must appreciate us as well, but I'm sorry some of them don't.

Poor performance but lets remember we should have had a penalty and Heaton sent off not to mention their goal which was blatantly handball.

Regardless of the performance, they didn't score until the 87th minute and given they have the best home record in europe that's not bad going. Especially as we should have had said penalty.

I'm slightly concerned but I really think we will get it right when Slimani returns.

what should we have had a penalty for, i must have missed that?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

yes it was obvious thats why i asked because if you think that was a penalty then you need to take your blue tinted glasses off because that was a blatant dive and there was absolutely no need for it

13 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

Dearly me. Did you guys not see that twat against Porto? Or last season before we replaced him with Fuchs and started winning the league.

We've got Chilwell sitting on the bench - that's who we should be trying to develop rather than continuing to play Fuchs now who looks unfit and well out of form.

Do you realise how embarrassing you sound clamouring after Schlupp? The bloke was fvcking useless despite all that pace which he almost never used. 

At least we got one thing right this transfer window.

Agree with you about Porto, but that was after he seems to have gone into a sulk to get a move.

Strongly disagree about his pre-Fuchs performances. That side with Schlupp playing left back started last season explosively, and he was playing well (though not as good a defender as Fuchs of course). The performance against Arsenal at home was a thrilling match in which everyone agreed that though we got outclassed we really had a go. A million miles from the sort of performances that we are putting in now.

After that Claudio started playing Fuchs and tightened up defensively, with great effect. Even so, we rarely played with quite the same attacking mentality after that point and gradually became more and more defensive. We are now an ugly characature of that excellent, league winning, post Schlupp side.

23 hours ago, Ricey said:

I generally try to stay positive but I was shocked that Ranieri, Tanner and MOTD thought we were unlucky and that we'd battled well.

Ok, we battled better than the Southampton match, but Burnley deserved to win that hands down.

Like an alcoholic, our first task is to recognise we have problems and show willing to do something about them.  Ranieri seems to be in denial.  

22 minutes ago, Thracian said:

Like an alcoholic, our first task is to recognise we have problems and show willing to do something about them.  Ranieri seems to be in denial.  

Just worrying how a bunch of idiots (us) can see the problems but the club still failed to fix this in the transfer window and on the playing field. 

10 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Agree with you about Porto, but that was after he seems to have gone into a sulk to get a move.

Strongly disagree about his pre-Fuchs performances. That side with Schlupp playing left back started last season explosively, and he was playing well (though not as good a defender as Fuchs of course). The performance against Arsenal at home was a thrilling match in which everyone agreed that though we got outclassed we really had a go. A million miles from the sort of performances that we are putting in now.

After that Claudio started playing Fuchs and tightened up defensively, with great effect. Even so, we rarely played with quite the same attacking mentality after that point and gradually became more and more defensive. We are now an ugly characature of that excellent, league winning, post Schlupp side.

Laughable that you think Schlupp's leaving is a loss to us! 

AND that he should be playing left back ahead of Chilwell. 

Have to agree with Kitchandro. Bin Fuchs this year for Chilwell- permanently. Looks unfit, disinterested and suprised any time the ball goes towards him- wtf has happened to the Fuchs of last year? He was one of the few I thought could actually continue his brilliant, consistent form. Clearly not. Not only is Chilwell more hungry, a better n younger club asset but I genuinely think he looks better than Fuchs now.

47 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

If Palace climb the table and we don't there will a lot of propaganda on here about how Schlupp would have a difference in our team - which he wouldn't. Schlupp is not a loss to us. If he was here he'd be 3rd choice behind Chilwell and Fuchs. 

1 hour ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

You should really learn to read. I didn't say anything about Chilwell. I was commenting on the view that Schlupp's performance before Ranieri changed the defence was poor.

22 minutes ago, Koke said:

If Palace climb the table and we don't there will a lot of propaganda on here about how Schlupp would have a difference in our team - which he wouldn't. Schlupp is not a loss to us. If he was here he'd be 3rd choice behind Chilwell and Fuchs. 

Don't think he'll make any difference for them now. I think he's out with a hamstring problem, probably till the end of the season. Isn't that the same injury he had with us?

15 hours ago, char123 said:

yes it was obvious thats why i asked because if you think that was a penalty then you need to take your blue tinted glasses off because that was a blatant dive and there was absolutely no need for it

He was nudged by Heaton so it wasn't a 'blatant dive'. However it would've been a bit soft to have been given, much like the nudge on Keane in the first half imo

Archived