Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wilson_6

Burnley 1-0 City Full time

Just completely routine to the point it's almost deflating now, this. 

Anytime Simpson has the ball you know exactly where it's ending up and what's going to happen. We don't look like scoring and we're toothless at the back. A point and a clean sheet from this game in isolation would, on paper - have been fantastic, but it would've hidden a multitude of problems. A loss, coupled with other results and really, the evening couldn't have gone much worse.

The Southampton game was the peak for me and I've seen nothing to change my mind tonight, or at Derby. We're genuinely quite a supportive fanbase as the great escape season demonstrated but this is considerably worse - even more so when you consider the comparative wages of the squad we came up with.

However whilst I think a change is overdue it shouldn't just be with regards to the management. The club seems to have lost its identity that (like it or loathe it) was built by Nige, and continued on last season with Ranieri. Astute signings, business done early, round pegs in round holes, a clear, concise plan - players with drive, knowing their jobs, enjoying their football and working their bollocks off, lauded recruitment, scouting and sports science teams.

We seem to have lost that from top to bottom and the buck can't just stop at Claudio. Recruitment has gone from from arguably one of the best in Europe to the QPR model - we've handed out lucrative 4 year contracts to players in their late twenties / early thirties, and for the most part, most of them couldn't look any less arsed anymore.

We're going down but it shouldn't just be Ranieri shown the door.

We are not pressing like we did last season, he tried to go back to it against derby and you could see the players were no where near the fitness they were last season! This is purely ranieri's tactics now and it's not looking good

3 minutes ago, foxhateram said:

Are you honestly saying that the football under Pearson was worse than now? If you are then you need to watch the games back. It's bloody awful stuff! We can't keep the ball for more than one pass and consistently hoof it into the stands or to an opposition player. 

That story has also been rubbished in several player interviews and in an interview with Steve Walsh, so stop trying to use it as evidence.

Fact of the matter is, we never got outclassed under Pearson, but tonight we were just outclassed by Burnley! We played 4 5 1 and were outclassed by Burnley, a Burnley team with that whiney chav in charge. Embarrassing!

We never got out classed because we never got out our own half. I take it you didn't go to the home against hull. When we played a flat back 5. Pathetic.  

He was hopeless at Derby but you think we should get him back. 

9 minutes ago, A86Allen said:

Wonder what Albrightons pass completion rate was tonight, 10-20%? 

Cant keep playing someone because 'He works hard' 

Been crap all season but he's a nice guy and runs around alot so you cant criticise him.

3 minutes ago, easilee said:

I think they ALL need a bit of basic shooting practice too. Barn door has no worries with any of 'em

I just think they all need a great big huge kick up the Arse each, but don't let Morgan or Vardy kick them they'd probably miss every time !!

1 minute ago, adam said:

We never got out classed because we never got out our own half. I take it you didn't go to the home against hull. When we played a flat back 5. Pathetic.  

Just ignore him mate. He allegedly works for a company hired to manage people's online reputation. Every single post he makes is praising Nigel Pearson. Two and two together.

1 minute ago, Barky said:

They didn't look dangerous going forward at all imo, they had two legitimate shots on target all night. That's quite poor for a home team. They moved the ball about well and we didn't but this Leicester team has never been about possession as everybody knows. You can't start complaining about lack of quality possession now after we won the bloody league without it last season. Clearly that's not the problem.

Again, I'm not saying we played particularly well, we didn't, but we weren't much worse than Burnley and that's perfectly reflected in the fact that neither team scored a legitimate goal and they only had two shots on target to our five.

I know last season wasnt about having loads of the ball and playing counter attacking football. this year with our possession we ain't doing anything with ithe of note.

on the shots on off target they managed 23 to our 13.

8 corners to 2 

yeah it was handball do I feel gutted yes but in my eyes Burnley deserved the 3 points

6 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

He has been sacked by the Thais and his son was done racially abusing a prostitute. They're not going to hire him back lol 

He honestly seems messed up in the head and is nothing without both Walsh and Shakespeare, as shown by his embarrassing tenure at Derby.

He has always been and still is highly regarded by everyone who I know that has worked alongside him. These people include the physio from his time with the England under 21s and Steve Flack who has had Pearson as a coach at several clubs as well as Nigel Quintlock who was head scout at Southampton while Pearson was there.

He is firm but fair and sets the highest of expectations of everyone within a club. He is also renowned for managing the development of young players. Hence his succesd at England U21s and Southampton. Our young squad could really do with that guidance right now. 

I agree also that Walsy was hugely important and I don't think it is any coincidence that our form has dipped since he left. He is a formudable coach as well as an amazing talent spotter. Hence why I said "I would take Pearson and Walsh back at the drop if a hat."

5 minutes ago, adam said:

Absolute tosh. We played a back 5 with overlapping wing backs. The same formation that according to you the players chose and kept us up with. 

We consistently played some good football that season and it all clicked into place at the end. Last season was a continuation of that form. 

If and its a massive IF....we got rid of Claudio and got someone else in....and lets say they keep us up, it would be with this group of players.

I would be so so angry that the same players all of a sudden stepped up. Claudio and the fans deserve a lot more than this sh!t shower.

7 minutes ago, Barky said:

Just ignore him mate. He allegedly works for a company hired to manage people's online reputation. Every single post he makes is praising Nigel Pearson. Two and two together.

Not at all. I just happen to believe that Pearson would be better suited to our current situation. Likewise Claudio was perfect last season with his humble management style. But right now we need someone to shake it all up. I don't believe Claudio has it in him.

21 minutes ago, Barky said:

They had three shots on target in the whole game, one of them was the goal which shouldn't have stood. That's not a battering by any definition. They had slightly more possession like everyone we played last season and this season did and does. Possession means nothing. Chances and goals mean everything. They had very, very few good chances and scored zero legitimate goals. I'm not saying we were the better side, just that it was fairly even. 

With the greatest of respect, don't waste your time replying because I don't care for your relentless negativity. The above is my opinion on the game and nothing you or anyone else says will change it.

Mate, you are deluded. 

Burnley were far far better than us and fully deserved the win.

We were hanging on all second half

2 minutes ago, adam said:

Overlapping full backs. We didn't get out our own half. 

It only clicked Into place when cambiasso took charge.  

:ulloa::schmike: you keep telling yourself that sunshine. What did we do against Hull this season? Oh yer that's right, they beat us comfortably while we were still on the seafront cruising in our new BMWs, after our cushty holiday  tour of America. Real professional. 

Just now, foxhateram said:

:ulloa::schmike: you keep telling yourself that sunshine. What did we do against Hull this season? Oh yer that's right, they beat us comfortably while we were still on the seafront cruising in our new BMWs, after our cushty holiday  tour of America. Real professional. 

Wouldn't MON be a better bet if we're gonna get an old manager back? Your Pearson obsession is worrying. 

I cant understand the performances, not a single improvement since losing to Hull.

and ffs dont harp on about Man.city win. 1-3 reasonable games after 22+ games,

where 96%  have been turgid, attrocious, and for me shamefull.

There is not one outfield player, who one can select for POS. Schmeichel is the only

player who has been anywhere near the form of last year.

Simpson had a good run before  Xmas this season, now its rubbed off on him...Sad, very Sad.!!!

It might be straws, but we need something to hold onto.Waiting for Slimani return.

Somehow, Mendy and Ndidi to discover some higher form together.Amartey to come from AFCON

with higher confidence.

Ranieri have the guts to drop Morgan and Fuchs.I have lost all confidence, so even who I suggest,

we dont know if they have the mentality or character to change the rest games into positive performances.

working from the front, and using 3 out n out midfielders if not 4.

Slimani, Gray, Mahrez, Mendy, Ndidi, DDrinkwater, Simpson, Amartey, Waqui, Chillwell, Schmeichel.

Vardy is not my problem, at the moment the service is crap, its just we need desperately a new approach,

a change, something that a team can re-create and build from NOW..!!!

I am even tempted to drop Drinkwater, and move Amartey into mfield, with Huth being the defensive general.

He might then not be worried about the shadow of Morgan. 

Get Kapu, on the bench, at least  ASAP.If not supporting Slimanic as 1st choice.

Then Gray, Vardy, Musa has possible impact subs.

I just dont see Claudio being Dynamic enough...The team character or spirit has gone, if not imploded!!!

Build up a new one..

2 minutes ago, adam said:

Wouldn't MON be a better bet if we're gonna get an old manager back? Your Pearson obsession is worrying. 

Ffs I'm not obsessed with him. I just happen to believe he has the right persona for our current situation. Your lack of respect for the man who took us from our lowest ebbs as a football club to some of the best memories we have ever had is quite unbelievable. 

Other managers who would be suitable and in the same sort or mould would be Nigel Adkins, Mark Warburton, Brendan Rogers etc. Someone who is fantastic at man managing and progressing talented young players. That is firm enough with them to keep their feet on the ground but has a bond with the squad that spreads confidence and togetherness.  (Obviously non of those would come to us, they are just examples.) Monk would be another good shout. Or Phil Brown or Chris Houghton. Maybe even Chris Powell. 

21 minutes ago, foxhateram said:

Absolute tosh. We played a back 5 with overlapping wing backs. The same formation that according to you the players chose and kept us up with. 

We consistently played some good football that season and it all clicked into place at the end. Last season was a continuation of that form. 

Not true.  When he first adopted the five at the back, he had Simpson and Konchesky as full backs, and intentional or not, it ended up as a back five.

It was only when he put DeLaet and Schlupp in at full back, to actually play with more attacking intent, that things changed.

Of course, we had hit shit or bust time by then.

Archived