Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GaelicFox

Some balance in the media ....

Something else annoying regarding the media's handling of all of this is the way they continually refer to the players as "snakes" or "traitors" for what in hindsight looks like them just trying to get things right. The club is bigger than Ranieri. I'm not going to criticise the players for wanting to do whatever it takes to get better results. They would know better what is wrong than anyone else. Now the media is trying to somehow portray them as villains which goes along with their other narrative that they weren't trying. I'm not seeing a lack of effort other than a few players with untimely lapses like Musa vs Seville. Lacking a plan, maybe. Lacking confidence, definitely. But not lacking effort.

Obviously the results have to improve now for the players to prove their point.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/club/leicester-city/375/blog/post/3067883/leicester-had-no-choice-as-claudio-ranieri-lost-trust-of-his-players

Article on ESPN website, by Gregor Robertson (ex-F***st and Cobblers player).  Most responsible (and grown up) report I've seen in the media the last couple of days.  From an ex-players perspective - the Club had no option to get rid of CR, because he had 'lost the team'.

What I wanna know is where these reporters and journalists are getting the opinion that 'the fans didn't want this to happen', 'the fans didn't want to see him sacked'.

Of course we didn't want this unfortunate situation to arise, we didn't want to see him sacked because it'd probably mean we're struggling.

Truth is we are struggling, truth is we were only going one way and I couldn't see the it getting any better (I can't state that as fact or truth obviously because we'll never know) so with those 3 factors (And many more if you want to go deeper) it had to happen, you only have to go of the polls on here and in the Mercury in recent weeks and I think an overwhelming amount (80%+) were of the opinion he had to go, therefore putting it bluntly I think the fans did want this to happen, it had to happen. It's unfortunate but it's the way it is.

23 hours ago, GaelicFox said:

I don't like what's happened to Claudio , I guess none of us do, but this article by a man who has seen it all is probably spot on and worth a read , 

http://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/john-giles-claudio-ranieri-never-really-had-control-of-his-team-and-he-had-to-be-sacked-35480409.html

some one is lying in that interview..

what is happening is that the kneejerk reactions in newsrooms have passed and a more considered analysis is now appearing. The (entirely understandable) sadness and the emotion is giving way to a more considered and hard-headed look at the situation.

In journalism there is a saying to the effect that a reporter is only as good as his last story, and the same applies to football really.

It does not diminish Claudio's achievements last season one whit to say that it was in the best interests of the club that he go. Indeed, the owners seem to have given plenty of time to turn things around (too much in my view).

Under a new manager we could easily get relegated. But under CR, sadly, I'm certain we would have. Does anyone want a return to pissing down Tuesday nights at places like the Shitty Ground?

6 hours ago, bald reynard said:

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/club/leicester-city/375/blog/post/3067883/leicester-had-no-choice-as-claudio-ranieri-lost-trust-of-his-players

Article on ESPN website, by Gregor Robertson (ex-F***st and Cobblers player).  Most responsible (and grown up) report I've seen in the media the last couple of days.  From an ex-players perspective - the Club had no option to get rid of CR, because he had 'lost the team'.

The ESPN and the Guardian articles are the best I've seen.

Archived