Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filthyfox

lied to by Politicians

Can't even write a slogan that you didn't mean anything by in massive letters on the side of a bus and drive it up and down the country without people reading stuff into it, these days.

Anyway, a handsome young Greek man stuck a camera up my arse today, and STILL people complain about the EU. Makes no sense to me

8 minutes ago, Webbo said:

The NHS will never have enough money, it's always in crisis.

It hasn't always been and saying that doesn't mean an insurance scheme or other alternative is likely to make things any better because you'd still need the same sort of funding plus headroom for profit. 

Hunt's 7 day NHS fetish won't help things either... there is a practical sense in booking non essential operations in during a working week and having emergency provision around the edges of that. 

4 minutes ago, Buce said:

So you agree it was a lie now?

For the sake of arguments yes but in reality, no. The figure was based on total contributions to the EU and not offsetting what we get back. As it was an example of what we could do with money, I don't actually think the figure is a lie but I really didn't want to fan flames.

5 minutes ago, Strokes said:

It did help Boris get about a bit, so yeah it played a role.

Very funny.

I'm being serious though. If you can't accept people have differing levels of understanding of politics right down the very lowest level then more fool you, and with no disrespect meant you're as dumb as someone who'd believe that bus.

1 minute ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

It hasn't always been and saying that doesn't mean an insurance scheme or other alternative is likely to make things any better because you'd still need the same sort of funding plus headroom for profit. 

Hunt's 7 day NHS fetish won't help things either... there is a practical sense in booking non essential operations in during a working week and having emergency provision around the edges of that. 

I must admit, as I lay there earlier on my side watching the inside of my lower bowel on a screen, all I could think about was "if only someone could profit from this"

4 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Can't be arsed I'm not Alf or Matt. I think every post you make is based on your own rhetoric and you never seem to have any evidence for anything you have an opinion on. To be honest I'm not particularly arsed it's just a football forum but how you can have the sand to ask anyone is a tad hypocritical.

The evidence is, is that it hasn't happened and there is no proof that it's being planned.

John Redwood might believe it's a good idea to privatise the NHS, I don't know, but I'm sure he doesn't think it's ever going to happen. No govt will ever privatise the NHS. It'd be political suicide.

4 minutes ago, Webbo said:

The evidence is, is that it hasn't happened and there is no proof that it's being planned.

John Redwood might believe it's a good idea to privatise the NHS, I don't know, but I'm sure he doesn't think it's ever going to happen. No govt will ever privatise the NHS. It'd be political suicide.

That's why they're doing it by the back door bud

10 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Can't be arsed I'm not Alf or Matt. I think every post you make is based on your own rhetoric and you never seem to have any evidence for anything you have an opinion on. To be honest I'm not particularly arsed it's just a football forum but how you can have the sand to ask anyone is a tad hypocritical.

If I I could rep that a million times I would!

Now normally, I wouldn't post a link to the sun but I'm willing to make an exception this time. Northern mate just sent me this and said the Midlands seem like fun lol

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3063353/senior-social-care-workers-caught-stripping-in-x-rated-sex-chat-calls-from-their-offices-when-they-should-be-looking-after-vulnerable/

Maybe it's not a case of the NHS/care systems being underfunded. Just run by a load of clueless overpaid donkeys. :rolleyes:

On 08/03/2017 at 17:20, filthyfox said:

1) 50m pounds per day extra for the NHS if we leave Eu rope

2) We will not raise income tax, VAT or National Insurance during this parliament.

LIARS 

13 minutes ago, filthyfox said:

Don't blame me.... I saw though the lies and knew that would happen 

On 10/03/2017 at 21:00, Facecloth said:

Opening poster did :P 

On 10/03/2017 at 21:03, Strokes said:

But did he? And did he vote based on it? Sorry I'm not buying it.

I bet you it's just another bitter remainer.

Looks like I was right all along...... lol;) 

6 hours ago, Strokes said:

Looks like I was right all along...... lol;) 

I don't think there's anything bitter about the biggest economic factor in your life being decided upon on the basis of lies, and then being handled like a rag doll in the play ground by the liars that caused the mess in the first place. If that 50m for the NHS was real, and if the pound was always secure, and if food prices  weren't going to increase to ridiculous levels in the next few years, then I may well have voted to leave as well. (Yes, I did vote remain, there was never any doubt in my mind).

If I lived in my old place (Crawley) then I would probably emigrate- I believe it will get that bad. But, I now live in one of the most beautiful places on Earth (Weymouth-by-Chesil) with the ability to produce my own vegetables, so even if hyer inflation comes, I will be untouchable.

I actually worked in the polling station that day. The amount of people with grey hair who had never voted before IN THEIR LIVES and who had difficulty answering questions such as "what is your name?", "what is you address" was astounding!

I also am perpetuating this nightmare by voting Tory... because there is no real alternative- I certainly wouldn't trust Corbyns mob to run MY finances, let alone the country's. I also live in one of the safest Tory seats in the country, which will be even safer following  boundary changes.

On 3/10/2017 at 22:12, Webbo said:

Labour's been saying that for 30 years, does anyone actually still believe it?

Labour WILL increase spending on public services (and they will probably promise this)... but HOW WILL THEY PAY FOR IT? I am actually better off because of these Tory tax changes!

On 3/8/2017 at 18:42, Countryfox said:

I think you will find though if we vote again on this issue more than 50% will vote that water is indeed DRY ! ...    so there ....   

It can be when fomented with some grapes and yeast 

4 hours ago, filthyfox said:

I don't think there's anything bitter about the biggest economic factor in your life being decided upon on the basis of lies, and then being handled like a rag doll in the play ground by the liars that caused the mess in the first place. If that 50m for the NHS was real, and if the pound was always secure, and if food prices  weren't going to increase to ridiculous levels in the next few years, then I may well have voted to leave as well. (Yes, I did vote remain, there was never any doubt in my mind).

If I lived in my old place (Crawley) then I would probably emigrate- I believe it will get that bad. But, I now live in one of the most beautiful places on Earth (Weymouth-by-Chesil) with the ability to produce my own vegetables, so even if hyer inflation comes, I will be untouchable.

I actually worked in the polling station that day. The amount of people with grey hair who had never voted before IN THEIR LIVES and who had difficulty answering questions such as "what is your name?", "what is you address" was astounding!

I also am perpetuating this nightmare by voting Tory... because there is no real alternative- I certainly wouldn't trust Corbyns mob to run MY finances, let alone the country's. I also live in one of the safest Tory seats in the country, which will be even safer following  boundary changes.

But it wasn't decided by lies, because nobody believed the lies. You assume they did, because how could anyone come that decision without it? Hmmmm maybe they are just plain Racist. We haven't peddled that one for a while.

4 hours ago, filthyfox said:

I have literally no idea why you would believe things would get so bad you would want to emigrate.  What has happened to make you think this?  Britain will have a tariff free trade agreement with the EU, will welcome EU workers on 5 year visas like they do people from other nations, and will also sign free trade agreements with the likes of the USA, Canada, Australia, India, New Zealand, driving economic growth.  The pound will come back don't worry about that.  To be honest it was over valued anyway.

8 minutes ago, Strokes said:

But it wasn't decided by lies, because nobody believed the lies. You assume they did, because how could anyone come that decision without it? Hmmmm maybe they are just plain Racist. We haven't peddled that one for a while.

My in-laws believed it and they are/were racist. 

I don't know how representative that is mind. 

Just now, Buce said:

My in-laws believed it and they are racist. 

I don't know how representative that is mind. 

But did they vote solely based on it? If they are racist, I think they would have voted leave regardless. They might have just used the NHS as smokescreen because they are hardly likely to use I'm racist as a reason for voting leave. I only seen the bus in reports that were slamming it as lie, remain did more to promote it than Leave could ever have dreamed.

Just now, Strokes said:

But did they vote solely based on it? If they are racist, I think they would have voted leave regardless. They might have just used the NHS as smokescreen because they are hardly likely to use I'm racist as a reason for voting leave. I only seen the bus in reports that were slamming it as lie, remain did more to promote it than Leave could ever have dreamed.

I probably ought not speak ill of the dead, but the father-in-law was an Alf Garnett type, lacked intelligence or education, and they both bought into the Leave campaign propaganda (NHS money, millions of Turks on the way). 

I don't believe they were alone in this, but whether enough people believed it to affect the vote, I couldn't say. 

Archived