Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheLittleBigMan

mercury Mahrez

1 hour ago, adejo92 said:

Yeah, sorry, my bad. I forgot formations stop you from being able to run...or tackle...or pass a ball....

Have to start calling you guys the toe nail squad because its the only thing left hanging out the players arses.

What happens if the gaffer wants a more defensive set-up, with less pressing.

Abusing people who don't agree with you... lol

By all accounts, Riyad Mahrez was one of the favorite, if not the most favorite, players to Ranieri. The sacking must have hurt Mahrez deeply.

The loss of form of Mahrez got nothing to do with any speculative conspiracy to oust the coach.

3 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I think it's clear to see he decided long balls to vardy and musa where what he wanted with the midfield not getting forward to help. Pretty obvious to anyone with eyes. 

He wanted to play a possession based game.

???

What now: long balls, or a possession based

game?

A little bit of logic in your attacks on CR 

would really be helpful.

3 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

Sarcasm is highly inappropriate when one shows such a poor football knowledge.

It's amazing how much of a game is missed out when you watch it at home on BT Sports. If you were at any of the games surely you would have seen the players trotting around with minimal effort.

3 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Well I think it's fairly obvious and more likely with actual factual evidence that we know ranieri told them not to press. That's his mistake not a lack of effort. 

I think it's clear to see he decided long balls to vardy and musa where what he wanted with the midfield not getting forward to help. Pretty obvious to anyone with eyes. 

He wanted to play a possession based game. One we'recommend not good enough at and after last season we proved possession means **** all. Give me 35% and 3 goals over 50 and a 0-0 any day. 

The defence aren't good enough to have that system, it made us easy to play through and put alot of pressure on them. 

But you know, you can ignore all of the obvious because the sun told you too. 

Ah, an answer worth reading. I don't doubt there were issues from Ranieri's management however one can't deny a total lack of effort from some players.

34 minutes ago, Struwwelpeter60 said:

???

What now: long balls, or a possession based

game?

A little bit of logic in your attacks on CR 

would really be helpful.

Well I would say there's logic in there if you want to see it. Infact, I would say the fact you can't see it suggest you don't go and watch us much?

He had them hoof it out. If the striker kept it, then they passed it back. As soon as the midfield got hold of it they passed it around the halfway line going nowhere and not one going forward. 

So yes. There is logic in it for anyone who watched us play. 

38 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

It's amazing how much of a game is missed out when you watch it at home on BT Sports. If you were at any of the games surely you would have seen the players trotting around with minimal effort.

Ah, an answer worth reading. I don't doubt there were issues from Ranieri's management however one can't deny a total lack of effort from some players.

I can't blame people for seeing it as a lack of effort as I think it's easy to see it that way. 

But look back at what you've seen and witnessed as the players strolling around and really think about it. How often did they got close down a player and stop a few yards short. Almost as if to try and 'contain' but in reality the player had all the time in the world to pick his pass.  

I disagree it was a lack of effort and think it was more a case of ranieri told the players not to press but to instead contain and not over commit to the tackle so to speak. Which caused problem number one. We were very easy to pass through as they had so much time and space. 

To me it seems clear he asked for the ball to played up to the striker immediately but if the ball over the top didn't work then recycle it back to the midfield to 'work' the chance with patient possession based football. Yet didnt want to over commit and asked the centre midfielders to not get forward. That led to us struggling to pass 5 yards sideways to each other as we're not a possession based team. 

Our success was built on attacking in numbers or packs so to speak. But it left no room for the attacking contingent to make space as we always allowed the opposition to get back in number's, in position and organised. 

Mahrez as we all know, was always going to suffer for this 

I accused players of a lack of effort multiple times so I can see why you could come to that conclusion. But after I cooled off and took a step back I think it became clear they were in fact doing what was asked of them. 

They're actually victims of the system they were asked to play rather than the backstabbing ***** the world want them to be.

1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Well I would say there's logic in there if you want to see it. Infact, I would say the fact you can't see it suggest you do the go and watch us much?

He had them hoof it out. If the striker kept it, then they passed it back. As soon as the midfield got hold of it they passed it around the halfway line going nowhere and not one going forward. 

So yes. There is logic in it for anyone who watched us play. 

I have watched every single minute of every single game

in this season.

Therefore I can't see the logic in your "argumentation".

You are so eager to blame CR, and not the players,

for everything that went pear-shaped in the last months,

that you don't give a damn if your reasoning makes

sense.

I mean, we walked through the CL group-stage , we

got a good result at Seville, we demolished ManCity,

almost won at WHL, almost beat Arsenal,  won in

the FA-Cup at Everton.

With Ranieri at the helm.

I fear, there is no simple explanation for our problems

in this season. Many people made too many mistakes.

It would be a huge error to believe, that now, with

Ranieri gone, everything is alright again.

8 hours ago, Struwwelpeter60 said:

I have watched every single minute of every single game

in this season.

Therefore I can't see the logic in your "argumentation".

You are so eager to blame CR, and not the players,

for everything that went pear-shaped in the last months,

that you don't give a damn if your reasoning makes

sense.

I mean, we walked through the CL group-stage , we

got a good result at Seville, we demolished ManCity,

almost won at WHL, almost beat Arsenal,  won in

the FA-Cup at Everton.

With Ranieri at the helm.

I fear, there is no simple explanation for our problems

in this season. Many people made too many mistakes.

It would be a huge error to believe, that now, with

Ranieri gone, everything is alright again.

I'm not eager to blame ranieri it just seemed clear to me for some time that's where the problem was. It's something I've been saying for a while and to anyone who'll listen. 

I wish it had worked out differently for him I really do. I love the bloke, he gave us the greatest day the club will ever have. Even if we were to one day win it again it won't be as good as last season. 

You're so clouded by your love for ranieri that you seem to absolve him of any blame. So fat everything I've been saying all season appears to be true. Time will tell I guess. But it's obvious ranieri changed the tactics this season. Sonething we can all agree on? Just because we won a couple of games doesn't mean that it was working then suddenly the players stopped. 

In reality it never worked and we just got worse and worse. 

15 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I'm not eager to blame ranieri it just seemed clear to me for some time that's where the problem was. It's something I've been saying for a while and to anyone who'll listen. 

I wish it had worked out differently for him I really do. I love the bloke, he gave us the greatest day the club will ever have. Even if we were to one day win it again it won't be as good as last season. 

You're so clouded by your love for ranieri that you seem to absolve him of any blame. So fat everything I've been saying all season appears to be true. Time will tell I guess. But it's obvious ranieri changed the tactics this season. Sonething we can all agree on? Just because we won a couple of games doesn't mean that it was working then suddenly the players stopped. 

In reality it never worked and we just got worse and worse. 

People who are exclusively going for the players neck, showing a prime example of binary thinking, still didn't provide any satisfying explanation as for why they've suddenly downed the tools.

Did they screwed him just for fun? Like, "Oh look that's the guy with whom we won the league, let's fvck with with him and get us in a relegation battle". Or is it something else?

Archived