Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheLittleBigMan

mercury Mahrez

4 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Nice tribute from Riyad.

So many of our players played the best football of their careers under CR, and achieved something beyond their wildest dreams.

So many stopped playing good football under CR and almost ruined the only highlight of quite frankly  (until 2016) bang average careers 

not sure i enjoy reading false tributes 

Well the players can't win either way say nothing and it makes them guilty speak out positively about him and it's  all false.

The truth is none of us know what caused a dramatic change may be it was the players but just as likely to be down to CR. Maybe he gave mahrez and the players different and conflicting instructions to make them more defensive and Italian like. Certainly they did not attack in the same way so were they openly defying CR, if so why did he do nothing, why was he not active from the pitch side? So many unanswered questions so much so that I'm  not sure people should be slagging players off when they little or no proof of what actually happened.

1 hour ago, GaelicFox said:

So many stopped playing good football under CR and almost ruined the only highlight of quite frankly  (until 2016) bang average careers 

not sure i enjoy reading false tributes 

Lol, if he said something else he (or any other player) would have been slagged off anyway.

49 minutes ago, davieG said:

Well the players can't win either way say nothing and it makes them guilty speak out positively about him and it's  all false.

The truth is none of us know what caused a dramatic change may be it was the players but just as likely to be down to CR. Maybe he gave mahrez and the players different and conflicting instructions to make them more defensive and Italian like. Certainly they did not attack in the same way so were they openly defying CR, if so why did he do nothing, why was he not active from the pitch side? So many unanswered questions so much so that I'm  not sure people should be slagging players off when they little or no proof of what actually happened.

At last a sensible approach. Good post.

1 hour ago, Kitchandro said:

In fairness to Mahrez he's still not trying now Ranieri's been sacked.

Where do people get this shit from? Covered the second most distance away to Sevilla. Recently been tracking back even more to help out Simpson. Do you see players like Hazard tracking back the same way?

Ohyeah, scored on Saturday too.

7 minutes ago, Foxin hell said:

Covered the second most distance away to Sevilla. Recently been tracking back even more to help out Simpson. Do you see players like Hazard tracking back the same way?

I think people are really judging by body language. Özil is called lazy and Sanchez is called a work horse but but resent Articles suggest that ozil is doing his fair share of running while Sanchez is not cracking the 10KM mark (all according to sky sports)

alexis-sanchez-arsenal-premier-league_3905073.jpg.a17bd468a8b2108e5e1ac3a8c846630a.jpg

The sceptic in me wonders if he's been advised by his agent to come out with these comments as it subtly starts to pave the way for his departure, i.e. the man who believed in me and made me the player I am is no longer present at the club, I now feel unsettled blah blah blah.

Mahrez talents are many, but running his bollocks isn't one of them. He was often poor last season, but the formation and style of play gave him the license and the space to produce moments of genius that won us many games. Watford last season Mahrez did nothing except score the goal to win the points.

In an under performing team he will look terrible because nobody else is creating space or backing him up and  if he is constantly isolated and doubled up on then he can't influence the game.

1 hour ago, Foxin hell said:

Where do people get this shit from? Covered the second most distance away to Sevilla. Recently been tracking back even more to help out Simpson. Do you see players like Hazard tracking back the same way?

Ohyeah, scored on Saturday too.

Utter bollox to answer this criticism with your final line. In the first half he was far and away Hull's best player.

Saturday he was no different from previous 8 months where he has been appauling in terms of both effort and end product - until his goal.

It was noticeable, as soon as that went in he raced back to help Simpson like his life depended on it. The first half he could not do a thing right; he was awful, and could not have complained had he been subbed. In one incident from a throw in to Hull, near our box he had one job to do - stand next to one Hull player. Instead he wandered off - gifting the ball to to the opposition, just as he did with his dribbles and passes. 

I do hope this is a corner turned for him having now scored one goal from open play all season. A season where his assists have dropped below ground level.

I also wonder how many goals and assists in open play Gray would have produced had he been afforded same luxury as Mahrez has of so much game time, having been so so poor, for so so long?

1 hour ago, Captain... said:

Mahrez talents are many, but running his bollocks isn't one of them. He was often poor last season, but the formation and style of play gave him the license and the space to produce moments of genius that won us many games. Watford last season Mahrez did nothing except score the goal to win the points.

In an under performing team he will look terrible because nobody else is creating space or backing him up and  if he is constantly isolated and doubled up on then he can't influence the game.

That's fine re: you last paragraph, except he has been shit for 8 months, as well as the last two games when the team has been excellent. 

One goal scored from open play for months on end does not reflect well on Mahrez allied with his lazy disposition.

23 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

That's fine re: you last paragraph, except he has been shit for 8 months, as well as the last two games when the team has been excellent. 

One goal scored from open play for months on end does not reflect well on Mahrez allied with his lazy disposition.

He does more than you're giving him credit for. He's made a few really good tackles this season tracking back. Does he do it often enough? Maybe not but then you don't get what he offers going forward. 

He's such a scapegoat for some. If he isn't dribbling past 35 people and putting in the top corner everyone spits their dummy out. Deserved his goal vs hull and it shut up a lot of the moaning ***** around me that don't give the poor fella half a chance 

34 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Utter bollox to answer this criticism with your final line. In the first half he was far and away Hull's best player.

Saturday he was no different from previous 8 months where he has been appauling in terms of both effort and end product - until his goal.

It was noticeable, as soon as that went in he raced back to help Simpson like his life depended on it. The first half he could not do a thing right; he was awful, and could not have complained had he been subbed. In one incident from a throw in to Hull, near our box he had one job to do - stand next to one Hull player. Instead he wandered off - gifting the ball to to the opposition, just as he did with his dribbles and passes. 

I do hope this is a corner turned for him having now scored one goal from open play all season. A season where his assists have dropped below ground level.

I also wonder how many goals and assists in open play Gray would have produced had he been afforded same luxury as Mahrez has of so much game time, having been so so poor, for so so long?

1- "and you were not here until you arrived" end-product is goals and assists. So, you can't say he didn't have end-product until he scored. That is just moronic.

2- he got dispossessed only once in the whole game. And only had 9 wrong passes ( most of them were crosses)

3- but lately gray has been so so poor. He has no end-product and runs to blind alleys, offers no help defensively and showed that he can be frustrating and selfish in a lot of moments. Luxury? I know you are not talking about luxury, right? Without even the simplest of requirements like an overlapping fullback and you are talking about luxury.

Your beloved demarai "the next big thing" gray has 1 goal and 2 assists in 904 minutes of high level competitive ( the league + CL) 7 starts and 19 off the bench. Not exactly amazing.

Nothing against gray. But, I don't feel good knowing that when mahrez leaves, gray will be the one to fill in for him.

Ranieri lost the plot and got sacked. That really is the long and short of it.

(I love the guy as much as anyone else for what he HELPED us to achieve, but thats history now)

Mahrez is right to thank him publically.

Now lets move on and win the champions league.

Archived