Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheLittleBigMan

mercury Mahrez

3 minutes ago, Wookie said:

Distance covered stats are a load of shit, it's the intensity that's more important and not reflected.

Just now, AmarteyAndChill said:

Correct, number of sprints are more effective 

Give me goals, assists and flair any-day above sprints and distance covered.

Having a go at a man who for most of this season has played with 2-3 players ganging up on him is incredibly harsh. This thread is a joke. I think we need more Zombie Nation support for our magician.

Personally I'd much rather he used all his energy on those jinks and lung-bursting runs from deep than on tracking back.

Just now, zealot said:

Give me goals, assists and flair any-day above sprints and distance covered.

Having a go at a man who for most of this season has played with 2-3 players ganging up on him is incredibly harsh. This thread is a joke. I think we need more Zombie Nation support for our magician.

Personally I'd much rather he used all his energy on those jinks and lung-bursting runs from deep than on tracking back.

It's frustrating he can't play in the 10 very well. 

1 minute ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

It's frustrating he can't play in the 10 very well. 

I feel he hasn't been rightly coached for that position. Also, his body build predisposes him to be a winger more than a central midfielder. For him to play as no. 10, good coaching, style of play, and some weight gain are essential. Unfortunately, he would lose the winger attributes such as lightweight, pace, etc. 

1 minute ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Sometimes yeah 

I wouldn't write Mahrez off as a number 10, in theory he should have all the tools he needs to play that position. He'd probably be able to play it well in a team with more technical ability. We're at our best when we're moving the ball forwards quickly and into space though.

That's not aimed at you by the way, just a general comment on Mahrez haha.

6 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I wouldn't write Mahrez off as a number 10, in theory he should have all the tools he needs to play that position. He'd probably be able to play it well in a team with more technical ability. We're at our best when we're moving the ball forwards quickly and into space though.

Yeah, if we had more sustained possession. I think he's better when he can get in a 1 V 1 postion with a player and there is more room. In a number 10 there's no room for him to operate.

20 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I agree and I should add that, in Leicester, a 10 needs to play half like Shinji and half like Mahrez due to the frequent use of long passes and less use of link-up. But does a player like that even exist?

I don't believe a single player statement on the Ranieri departure. All scripted and bandwagon.

If they meant what they said they wouldn't have downed tools and lead us into a relegation battle with woeful performances.

8 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I don't believe a single player statement on the Ranieri departure. All scripted and bandwagon.

If they meant what they said they wouldn't have downed tools and lead us into a relegation battle with woeful performances.

lol.

1 hour ago, the fox said:

1- "and you were not here until you arrived" end-product is goals and assists. So, you can't say he didn't have end-product until he scored. That is just moronic.

2- he got dispossessed only once in the whole game. And only had 9 wrong passes ( most of them were crosses)

3- but lately gray has been so so poor. He has no end-product and runs to blind alleys, offers no help defensively and showed that he can be frustrating and selfish in a lot of moments. Luxury? I know you are not talking about luxury, right? Without even the simplest of requirements like an overlapping fullback and you are talking about luxury.

Your beloved demarai "the next big thing" gray has 1 goal and 2 assists in 904 minutes of high level competitive ( the league + CL) 7 starts and 19 off the bench. Not exactly amazing.

Nothing against gray. But, I don't feel good knowing that when mahrez leaves, gray will be the one to fill in for him.

1. That comment makes you the moron. 

The point I made was he has done virtually nothing in eight months - including no goals in open play.

Sorry but you cannot defend the indefensible - he has been disgraceful in terms of effort and end product, notwithstanding A goal on Saturday.

7 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Is it not true? Its only with shakey at the reins they have decided to put some effort in. Quite poor considering these are professionals on crazy money.

I think it's a bit more complex than this simplistic explanation which I expect more to be spread on DM-like forums by the hate bandwagonners who never watched us rather than find it here. It just lacks the "snakes" branding and you'll be totally trendy.

I personally don't buy that shit one bit and my assumption is that the blame is to be shared by both the manager and the players. I also kindly remind you that we didn't play like we did against Hull and Liverpool (high pressing) since last season.

2 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

1. That comment makes you the moron. 

The point I made was he has done virtually nothing in eight months - including no goals in open play.

Sorry but you cannot defend the indefensible - he has been disgraceful in terms of effort and end product, notwithstanding A goal on Saturday.

1-I called your statement moronic, I didn't call you a moron. And can you elaborate on what made you think that I was a "moron"

2-done nothing apart from showing up to the CL group stage.

3- wasn't trying to defend his season, I was defending his game against hull (which you said he was bad and lacking in the work rate department)

45 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Is it not true? Its only with shakey at the reins they have decided to put some effort in. Quite poor considering these are professionals on crazy money.

Or we've gone back to what made us a successful team? I think it's clear to anyone with eyes that's watched us this year the tactics under ranieri and the tactics under Shakespeare have been completely different 

1 hour ago, adejo92 said:

So you genuinely think that these players decided to down tools until Ranieri was out the door??.

Nothing to do with last minute tactical and formation changes??? Nothing to do with the changes to key backroom staff???Genuinely all down to the players 'deciding' they wanted Ranieri out??

Mate, have a word with yourself.

Pr Spin at it's worse. So Mahrez care to tell us why since the start of this season you did not give fvck about either the team Renieri or your own self respect ?  If you looked up to Ranieri so much how come you did nothing on the pitch to save his job ?

Funny how you only now manage to recapture some of that magic from last season now he's been sacked ?  My opinion of you was already pretty low after your efforts this season but this cringe worthy article is the ultimate p*ss take. 

2 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

I think it's a bit more complex than this simplistic explanation which I expect more to be spread on DM-like forums by the hate bandwagonners who never watched us rather than find it here. It just lacks the "snakes" branding and you'll be totally trendy.

I personally don't buy that shit one bit and my assumption is that the blame is to be shared by both the manager and the players. I also kindly remind you that we didn't play like we did against Hull and Liverpool (high pressing) since last season.

1 hour ago, gerrytaggart said:

So you genuinely think that these players decided to down tools until Ranieri was out the door??.

Nothing to do with last minute tactical and formation changes??? Nothing to do with the changes to key backroom staff???Genuinely all down to the players 'deciding' they wanted Ranieri out??

Mate, have a word with yourself.

1 hour ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Or we've gone back to what made us a successful team? I think it's clear to anyone with eyes that's watched us this year the tactics under ranieri and the tactics under Shakespeare have been completely different 

Yeah, sorry, my bad. I forgot formations stop you from being able to run...or tackle...or pass a ball....

Have to start calling you guys the toe nail squad because its the only thing left hanging out the players arses.

1 hour ago, adejo92 said:

Yeah, sorry, my bad. I forgot formations stop you from being able to run...or tackle...or pass a ball....

Have to start calling you guys the toe nail squad because its the only thing left hanging out the players arses.

Sarcasm is highly inappropriate when one shows such a poor football knowledge.

4 hours ago, adejo92 said:

Well I think it's fairly obvious and more likely with actual factual evidence that we know ranieri told them not to press. That's his mistake not a lack of effort. 

I think it's clear to see he decided long balls to vardy and musa where what he wanted with the midfield not getting forward to help. Pretty obvious to anyone with eyes. 

He wanted to play a possession based game. One we'recommend not good enough at and after last season we proved possession means **** all. Give me 35% and 3 goals over 50 and a 0-0 any day. 

The defence aren't good enough to have that system, it made us easy to play through and put alot of pressure on them. 

But you know, you can ignore all of the obvious because the sun told you too. 

Are people "naive" enough (for lack of better words) to think that a player is hurting his reputation and legacy intentionally so he can get rid of the manager. Like, come on now. Don't force people to call you stupid now. 

Mahrez and vardy had bad games last year too, were they trying to get rid of Claudio? If you like Claudio that much, than go follow him. Not liking how the club is handled, stop being a supporter then!

Last year's achievement was all credited to Claudio, and this year's failures are because of the players, is that right? And the funny thing is, in midst of all the rumors and speculations, mahrez's name wasn't mentioned once!

If you got an agenda ( against mahrez, vardy, Kasper or any player for that matter) you could at least be man enough and come clean, don't hide behind hypothetical scenarios.

Two weeks and we're still banging on about:

• Was it the players
  • Was it Claudio
  • Was it Shakespeare
  • Was it the Chairman

I for one was unhappy about the teams performances, I am still unhappy about the way Claudio was treated.

But the Team are still here and whether I think they did it or not doesn't matter................ They still wear the shirt and the badge.

Which means they still get my support ..................... whether I like them or not   :thumbup:

Archived