Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DB11

Match Ratings : Leicester City 1-6 Tottenham Hotspur - Results & Man of the Match

Thursday 18 May 2017, 19:45
Barclays Premier League
King Power Stadium, Leicester

Leicester City 1

Chilwell 59

Tottenham Hotspur 6

Kane 25, 63, 88, 90+2, Son 36

Total Votes: 216

FoxesTalk Man of the Match: Ben Chilwell

1. Ben Chilwell : 5.32
  2. Jamie Vardy : 4.34
  3. Danny Simpson : 4.17
  4. Wilfred Ndidi : 4.07
  5. Kasper Schmeichel : 4.00
  6. Marc Albrighton : 3.94
  7. Christian Fuchs : 3.70
  8. (SUB) Islam Slimani : 3.68
  9. (SUB) Demarai Gray : 3.53
  10. Daniel Amartey : 3.20
  11. Shinji Okazaki : 3.19
  12. (SUB) Ahmed Musa : 3.19
  13. Yohan Benalouane : 3.05
  14. Riyad Mahrez : 2.95

Team Performance: 3.74 (49/52)

Manager Performance: 3.56 (42/52)

Opposition Performance: 8.50 (1/52)

Officials Performance (Ref: Michael Oliver): 6.52 (15/52)

Overall Manager Confidence: 64.32% (-28.41%)

-28% is the biggest knee jerk reaction i've ever seen on here.

Shakespeare thoroughly deserves the job. A one-off against one of the best sides in the division without some of our best players doesn't change that.

I didn't watch the full game but does Mahrez really deserve the worst rating or is it the typical blame game? I can't imagine he had a good game, but for me when you concede 6 goals, the defenders should be blamed more than anything

1 hour ago, Redouane said:

I didn't watch the full game but does Mahrez really deserve the worst rating or is it the typical blame game? I can't imagine he had a good game, but for me when you concede 6 goals, the defenders should be blamed more than anything

He was not even close to being our worst player. One of our better performers imo. IIRC, I gave him a 5. (Only 6 I gave was to Chilwell.)

How Vardy got 2nd I will never know. He did nothing of note the whole game, except in the build up to our goal (in which he should have been rules offside).

5 hours ago, Redouane said:

I think it was the apparent couldn't care less attitude that riled people. Whether real or imagined I don't know, but it didn't look good. I really do wish him well for the future and hope that at some stage he can recapture the form of last season, but at the moment he is way off. As some say, perhaps he needs to move on to reignite the POTY embers.

I'd love him to stay, but not like this.

3 hours ago, FireFox said:

He was not even close to being our worst player. One of our better performers imo. IIRC, I gave him a 5. (Only 6 I gave was to Chilwell.)

How Vardy got 2nd I will never know. He did nothing of note the whole game, except in the build up to our goal (in which he should have been rules offside).

At least he looked like he was trying.

9 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Shakespeare thoroughly deserves the job. A one-off against one of the best sides in the division without some of our best players doesn't change that.

Not knee jerk from me, I've always been sceptical (and a few others have felt the same) but the Spurs defeat confirmed it for me.

He hasn't changed a total deal and hasn't changed our predictable style of play. Basically he's reverted back to a team that won the league.

Its fine hammering teams like Hull and Watford at home but we were far too defensive at Arsenal, Madrid (twice - given the first half at our place too), Manchester City (we had to go 2-0 down before he realised), West Brom (we somehow won a otherwise appalling game).

He hasn't got a plan B - all we do is play the same ball to Vardy who is constantly iscolsted. We lost 1-6 at home, an embarrassment, but I bet he doesn't change the formation and style of play today.

I like Shakespeare and he's been okay to steady the ship but he isn't the man to rebuild the squad and bring in his own players.

9 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Not really, a few been unsure wether Shakespeare is the manager to take us forward, so I guess the spurs game made up their minds.

For me I'm very much undecided, hes done really well to start with, and inconsistent with his tactics and results since, so I don't know if he can improve us.

Like I said in another thread, I'd give him a years contract to show what he can do over a full season, he wouldn't get us relegated, and no big payout if it didn't work, but the players need to prove they want him today, as the spurs game seemed they didn't care

42 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Not knee jerk from me, I've always been sceptical (and a few others have felt the same) but the Spurs defeat confirmed it for me.

He hasn't changed a total deal and hasn't changed our predictable style of play. Basically he's reverted back to a team that won the league.

Its fine hammering teams like Hull and Watford at home but we were far too defensive at Arsenal, Madrid (twice - given the first half at our place too), Manchester City (we had to go 2-0 down before he realised), West Brom (we somehow won a otherwise appalling game).

He hasn't got a plan B - all we do is play the same ball to Vardy who is constantly iscolsted. We lost 1-6 at home, an embarrassment, but I bet he doesn't change the formation and style of play today.

I like Shakespeare and he's been okay to steady the ship but he isn't the man to rebuild the squad and bring in his own players.

I think it's too simple to categorise the style since Shakey took over as reverting to last season's style.

For me the best performance in the Shakey era was the very first one against Liverpool. They really came out firing on all cylinders and didn't give the scousers time to settle. I thought it was so marked, and refreshingly different from what had happened over the preceding months.

Since then however we seem to have slunk back towards the hoofball style of earlier with a few more classy, exciting periods, mostly driven by going a goal or 2 down with nothing to lose.

He has done a great job, and hasn't really had the time to develop a plan B. The club has survived relegation, and I could not have asked anymore from him or them since February. His only option was to play these players this way and get the best from it - summer and the new influx will define the team much better.

Guest MattP

I do hope people realise just how important Huth and Drinkwater are after that.

Take them two out and the spine of the team can very quickly look a shambles.

So, Mahrez is the worst player according to these ratings. I think he has been worst player in most of this season's ratings on this thread. Clearly, he has to be sold (according to the raters on this forum).

Archived