Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
red5

Membership 17/18

2 minutes ago, LewFox said:

Have I missed an information release somewhere?? I check every day. Where has all this information come from?? How true is it and what is wrong with the previous season running a 3 tier system?

First post of this thread. There is a link to the brochure released on the website yesterday. 

7 minutes ago, LewFox said:

Have I missed an information release somewhere?? I check every day. Where has all this information come from?? How true is it and what is wrong with the previous season running a 3 tier system?

https://pulse-static-files.s3.amazonaws.com/leicesterfc/document/2017/06/12/777f6c6b-5156-4b3f-a94a-1b58990085ce/Membership_Brochure_1718.pdf

What annoys me is the club claimed they had done "extensive research" into memberships, which we were not asked our opinions( as members), and by the look of it nobody else did. so clearly wasn't researched at all or couldn't be bothered to ask the fans. 

I'm a ST holder and my boy was a Silver, He went to 7 games on his membership and also the champions league package, we always managed to move my ST and relocate for us to sit together but required me to go to the ground for 9am of silver tickets sale date. Now looks like he will be in this ballot on 17 points and unlikely to get seats together. 

What about the away fans returned tickets and all the comps that get put on sale a few days before? who gets priority on them(asked ticket office and they didn't know) 

2% away ticket allocation is a pis5 take too.

No point moaning to Jim as nothing ever gets done, always fobbed off with one excuse or another.

Typical case of left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing between those upstairs and those in the ticket office (No surprise there then) they should have left it as it was but reduced the price.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, rn9013 said:

To be honest I'm absolutely gutted. As I've said previously, I live over 100 miles away so it's a 200+ mile round trip for me, so I try to get to 1 game a month. Because of the CL this year (I went to all 5 home games), I have been financially limited to attending 5 premier league games. This means I will be going from gold member to probably middle priority. 

Therefore I am essentially being asked to pay £120 for me any my other half to enter a ballot for tickets, with no guarantees at all. Not only that, but the times I have to go on my own (as my partner works a lot of Saturdays), I will be unable to select a seat next to or near my dads ST because by the time the ballot takes place it is likely to be the last seats that are remaining.  

For the first time in my life I am seriously considering not bothering with a membership just out of principle, but I know the consequences of that will be watching no more of the club I love next season. ?

Absolutely creaming myself too over to the new members pack with the iPad case for a model probably from about 6 years ago! 

• Like 1

Just now, josh_baskin said:

Absolutely creaming myself too over to the new members pack with the iPad case for a model probably from about 6 years ago! 

Don't get me started on that! I told Jim to keep the sh*t they want to send me and give me a cheaper membership fee. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, josh_baskin said:

Not the easiest solution but by far the most logical and sensible is to this is get a new main hobby and be one of the many disgruntled modern day football fans!

Either that or establish FC City of Leicester :scarf:

Genuinely I have been googling local non league teams to see if I can just buy a ST for them rather than going through a ballot process all season as I slowly fall down the pecking order. 

1 minute ago, rn9013 said:

Genuinely I have been googling local non league teams to see if I can just buy a ST for them rather than going through a ballot process all season as I slowly fall down the pecking order. 

apply for the ballot for them all and pick and chose. they dont have a DD process in place for members and dont have your card details on file to charge you. 

if you enter the ballot and win nothing stopping you from not buying tickets.

That or enter the ballot. offer tickets out here and if you "win" you flog them here for face value. 

1 minute ago, ramboacdc said:

apply for the ballot for them all and pick and chose. they dont have a DD process in place for members and dont have your card details on file to charge you. 

if you enter the ballot and win nothing stopping you from not buying tickets.

That or enter the ballot. offer tickets out here and if you "win" you flog them here for face value. 

Out of interest, how do people normally flog their tickets on here? I've never done it before and as I don't live in Leicester chances are I wouldn't be able to meet. 

The other point is if you end up being reported you're looking at a ban....so is it worth the risk??

4 minutes ago, rn9013 said:

Out of interest, how do people normally flog their tickets on here? I've never done it before and as I don't live in Leicester chances are I wouldn't be able to meet. 

The other point is if you end up being reported you're looking at a ban....so is it worth the risk??

face value the club dont mind. I run a ticket exchange on facebook and its strict face value only and the club are well aware of it.  

all you do is take money and their address, post the tickets out to them and then sorted. Ive only ever had 1 issue and that was my own fault. I think @Bayfox also had 1 issue with me with celtic tickets but i cannot think of any scams that have been ran here in at least 5 years? 

Just now, ramboacdc said:

face value the club dont mind. I run a ticket exchange on facebook and its strict face value only and the club are well aware of it.  

all you do is take money and their address, post the tickets out to them and then sorted. Ive only ever had 1 issue and that was my own fault. I think @Bayfox also had 1 issue with me with celtic tickets but i cannot think of any scams that have been ran here in at least 5 years? 

Worth taking note of! Cheers mate. 

I am against this in principle, because it just leads to a closed shop-but until the club close the loop hole people will do it so it may be a case of 'if you can't beat em....'

2 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

I assume you will be starting on the max of 34 points or close? 

35 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

What annoys me is the club claimed they had done "extensive research" into memberships, which we were not asked our opinions( as members), and by the look of it nobody else did. so clearly wasn't researched at all or couldn't be bothered to ask the fans. 

I'm a ST holder and my boy was a Silver, He went to 7 games on his membership and also the champions league package, we always managed to move my ST and relocate for us to sit together but required me to go to the ground for 9am of silver tickets sale date. Now looks like he will be in this ballot on 17 points and unlikely to get seats together. 

What about the away fans returned tickets and all the comps that get put on sale a few days before? who gets priority on them(asked ticket office and they didn't know) 

2% away ticket allocation is a pis5 take too.

No point moaning to Jim as nothing ever gets done, always fobbed off with one excuse or another.

Typical case of left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing between those upstairs and those in the ticket office (No surprise there then) they should have left it as it was but reduced the price.

That means they looked on herelol

If I remember what members were saying it was, the club should do some form of loyalty scheme for members, and why can't members get a chance of some away games.

Apart from saying, ok everyone who posts on FT gets a ticket, I think it's as good as could be expected.

Also with them asking for feedback if it can be improved then maybe they'll tweak it.

I've only just read the detail. How is this system going to get youngsters, the children of ST holders to games? Already difficult to get 2 decent seats together if you're not through on the phone at 9am. I'm a Sth & my 6 yr old was a gold. This looks a backwards step in that regard, unless I'm missing something?

• Like 2

Cheers for the heads up, nothing came to light on the mobile site like normal. I just think it's awful. £60 aswell, for not even a chance of a ticket some times, at least when we paid £90 last season it was guaranteed.  

1 minute ago, LewFox said:

Cheers for the heads up, nothing came to light on the mobile site like normal. I just think it's awful. £60 aswell, for not even a chance of a ticket some times, at least when we paid £90 last season it was guaranteed.  

Trouble is they know we'll pay it 

I've read the brochure (FAQ) a couple of times and scanned this thread but need confirmation from you guys on a couple of things.

Currently me and my two boys have Gold membership and apply for three tickets at a time.

• The application form is for a single application. Not allowing any where to recognise family members. Unless I put multiple (3)  membership numbers on the form
  • Is there anywhere stating that an adult and two under 18 members make one application in any ballot?
  • So, Is there a chance that only one of the three gets a ticket

Can any one clear that up for me?