Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
red5

Membership 17/18

Just now, Qwerty said:

I'm not familiar with points - do they accumulate during the season - so you could start the season with 20, and then a few months in you could have 27, for example?  Or is it all added up at the end?

They accumulate through the season mate 

9 minutes ago, hackenbacker said:

Hi

What would you do?

I will be in Leicester for a week with my elderly Dad over Christmas. He's been a LCFC supporter since 50s .... me since 80's. He lives in Australia.... me Qatar. The last time I saw a game live was 2003/04 season ..... him when Frank Worthington was banging them in and Keith Weller was wearing tights. When we are there we have the possibility to see one of two games either LCFC v LFC away on 30 December or LCFC v Huddersfield home on 1 Jan. Which one would we have the best chance of seeing? Neither or us have LCFC memberships. There are plenty of websites that sell LFC tickets (although none on sale for that game yet) so there is a chance (not sure how much of a chance though and at what cost) there but it means sitting with scousers. We could also purchase LFC memberships to see if we could get a ticket for just that game not sure though whether a membership would guarantee a ticket. We could pay 60 quid each to get LCFC memberships but again I don't know what chance that would give us for getting home game tickets. Any advice appreciated. Cheers Stephen

Best bet would be through the ticket exchange thread on here or LCFC face value ticket exchange on FB. Think the club may also be doing an exchange this season, but I'm not yet sure how it will work.

I don't think without any priority points, home or away, that there is any chance for either of these games going to general sale. Could be wrong, but New Year's Day against anyone and Liverpool away I very much doubt it.

As a member you would certainly be in the ballot for home, so luck of the draw. Away for the 2% member allocation, I'm not sure if it's based on priority or just everyone in the ballot, but little chance out of less than around 60 tickets.

2 hours ago, Biggus said:

I just bought two memberships having had Gold for a few seasons.

I logged onto my account and clicked the Loyalty Points option.  

Interesting - it says we have 61 points for the two cards:

• Gold Fox purchase date 09/2016 - renewed this in Aug 2016 = 30 points
  • Gold Fox purchase date 08/2014 (!) - renewed this in Aug 2016 = 30 points
  • Man Utd Away 09/2016 (a game I didn't attend or buy a ticket for!) = 1 point

Looks like they have some database work to do?  

Maybe should be happy to keep 30 points per card. 15 for renewal and 1 for each home game seems a pretty good number to me.  I think I probably did attend 15 games last season. Happy days

These points are for sways and have always been there - STH get 50 a season, golds 30 etc and your away point for Man Utd would be when you purchased a ticket for the community shield at Wembley.

Jim has said on twitter that existing away points will not be wiped so whether your new loyalty points will be added to this number or kept separate is yet to be seen. But the points you have currently on the system are not then new points communicated in the membership brochure - these will be added much later.

2 hours ago, Bayfox said:

My 3 season tickets are on 3 different levels meaning if i want to get 3 away tickets together i have to wait until 155 points.

All systems have flaws. I was lucky enough to have a season ticket at 14 and keep it and attend aways during most of that time. So i'm high. My kids have now rocked up and luckily i took a punt on buying season tickets when they were both 2. Looks a great idea now. But they are 50 odd points behind me in terms of aways.

That's not a flaw in the system,  you can't expect them to get the same privilege as you just because they're family.

Hardly the club's fault.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Biggus said:

Maybe should be happy to keep 30 points per card. 15 for renewal and 1 for each home game seems a pretty good number to me.  I think I probably did attend 15 games last season. Happy days

i have this one in there too. i just assumed it was @Bayfox as he has access to my membership. 

10 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Well no, becasue 'loyal fans' would have accumulated plenty of points from the last few seasons before the last one. 

I thought that because ive been gold member for 5 years now that when 2018/19 season tickets come out i will be fairly high up the priority or is it still going to a ballot?

22 minutes ago, Foxy harry said:

I thought that because ive been gold member for 5 years now that when 2018/19 season tickets come out i will be fairly high up the priority or is it still going to a ballot?

Being a gold member will only count for last year, it will also be based on how many games you attend, ( thought gold had only been going for 3 years).

4 hours ago, Biggus said:

Your point for man utd away is actually for the community shield.

2 hours ago, promised land said:

That's not a flaw in the system,  you can't expect them to get the same privilege as you just because they're family.

Hardly the club's fault.

Well it now seems members can jump the queue if 60 tickets are now being held back but the allocation sells out before his hits my season tickets i'd say that's a flaw, so as i say all systems have flaws

My point was more you can't please everyone all of the time.

I guess my privileged was being able and wanting to buy season tickets 6 and 4 years ago. You know long before all this full ground and memebership and away priority was even a discussion.

7 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Well it now seems members can jump the queue if 60 tickets are now being held back but the allocation sells out before his hits my season tickets i'd say that's a flaw, so as i say all systems have flaws

My point was more you can't please everyone all of the time.

I guess my privileged was being able and wanting to buy season tickets 6 and 4 years ago. You know long before all this full ground and memebership and away priority was even a discussion.

I'm 100% with you on that percentage marlarkey ballot for members being wrong, but your flawed example was your child's points, which to be fair what could they do other than say you have to earn the right?

But yes there's objections and disagreements in any system, whether it's a flaw is debatable. It seems the club's trying to please every single member.

I remember the days of sitting in the kop when it was all blue seats under the gallery and the other corners too, with lines of empty seats all along the east stand. Bloody easier to move around the concourse too.lol

11 hours ago, red5 said:

Being a gold member will only count for last year, it will also be based on how many games you attend, ( thought gold had only been going for 3 years).

Yeah your right it has, but i have been had highest membership for 5 years i just cant remember what it was before gold.

47 minutes ago, SydenhamFox said:

Still can't quite believe that loyalty points built up over last three seasons in existing scheme count for zilch. I have 66 points on the system from last two seasons.

I can't, I really can't. I've just rang the ticket office to confirm. Al they said was complain to Jim. Which I'm going to. 

7 minutes ago, LewFox said:

And the memberships are on general sale! Only been out a day. So much for the loyalty, they could have given it to previous members at least

To be fair to the club, as there is no cap on the number of members, there is no reason to provide existing members with a period of time to renew. 

37 minutes ago, rn9013 said:

To be fair to the club, as there is no cap on the number of members, there is no reason to provide existing members with a period of time to renew. 

Just be aware that there is a time limit if you want to carry over your points.  If you get your membership after that date (some time in August I think), you can be a member but you'll have zero points.

1 hour ago, rn9013 said:

It just would be a nice gesture to do previous members first in my opinion

I wrote to the club having a bit of a moan. Here's a portion of the reply:

'Throughout the entire process on deciding what was best for the club in relation to memberships for next season, our aims of rewarding loyalty was the core foundation. I can assure you that our research process was thorough and took into consideration all possible avenues. Supporters were consulted, through various forms, and many other methods of research were carried out.

Whilst I understand your frustration, I will have to respectfully disagree that it penalises loyal supporters. The reason why we decided to only use the points from last season were that we felt had we used points accumulated for three seasons, it would have created a bigger gulf between existing members and new members. Furthermore, one of our key objectives is to encourage growth,  therefore had we given existing members further points based on past seasons beyond 16/17, it would have been contradictory to what we are trying to achieve. With this in mind, we were took the decision to reward loyalty by differentiating the amount of points awarded based on the type of membership held last season.

Had you of not made the decision to not prioritise Champions League games last season, and prioritised Premier League games, your total number of points to start 17/18 season off would have been higher than 17. In relation to the 66 points you mention, away fixtures attended were never going to have a say on home priority'. 

Edited by SydenhamFox
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, SydenhamFox said:

I wrote to the club having a bit of a moan. Here's a portion of the reply:

'Throughout the entire process on deciding what was best for the club in relation to memberships for next season, our aims of rewarding loyalty was the core foundation. I can assure you that our research process was thorough and took into consideration all possible avenues. Supporters were consulted, through various forms, and many other methods of research were carried out.

Whilst I understand your frustration, I will have to respectfully disagree that it penalises loyal supporters. The reason why we decided to only use the points from last season were that we felt had we used points accumulated for three seasons, it would have created a bigger gulf between existing members and new members. Furthermore, one of our key objectives is to encourage growth,  therefore had we given existing members further points based on past seasons beyond 16/17, it would have been contradictory to what we are trying to achieve. With this in mind, we were took the decision to reward loyalty by differentiating the amount of points awarded based on the type of membership held last season.

Had you of not made the decision to not prioritise Champions League games last season, and prioritised Premier League games, your total number of points to start 17/18 season off would have been higher than 17. In relation to the 66 points you mention, away fixtures attended were never going to have a say on home priority'. 

Sounds about right to me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

lcfcdirect isn't taking payments for some reason? maybe's that a sign not to bother.

It took mine an hour ago.

I'm still not sure I've done the right thing. I knew as a gold member i would get a ticket for most matches, and so , as I live outside of the UK it was easy to pick and choose.

Now it's down to a ballot.  My 15 year son who is also a member has less loyality points than me, so I'm not sure how it will work out. I suppose time will tell.

Frankly, I don't think the scheme needed changing.

• Like 1