Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
coolhandfox

Comparing O'Neill LCFC Vs Ranieri LCFC sides

4 hours ago, MPH said:

Elliott and Huth   Would be an Interesting comparison...

Yes, I think Huth maybe a better defender, but would have Elliot ahead on playing the ball out from the back, and 22 goals in 199 PL games is very impressive from him as well.

49 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I would also have Izzet over Drinkwater, but that's my opinion, Danny blows hot and cold, one good season and one bad, Izzet was superb season after season, 34 goals in 248 PL games. 

Izzet would walk into the side. An absolute superb footballer, all round, proper box to box. 

There is definitely some blue tinted specs regarding o Neil's Leicester. Yes we had sustained success over a few years. Yes we built something.

but ranieri won the league man. Dilly ding dilly dong. 5000-1

For us older guys could we bring Bloomfields Team into the equasion

History shows that they may not have had the success of the Teams mentioned but they were an outstanding unit

Shilton, Nish, Sjoberg, Birchenall, Cross, Sammells. Weller, Worthington, Glover, Rofe, Garland, Blockley etc

Bloomfield should have got the England job that Revie ruined.

RIP Jimmy Bloomfield you helped me love this club

11 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Let's say it how it is, O'Neill's LCFC who finished top 10 a couple of times back in the late 90s in a much weaker league, are not even on the same level as our title winning side.

Wouldn't be surprised to see O'Neill's side be relegated in the current PL, a lot of guts but serious lack of pace, quality on the ball and imagination. The way we played back then would not cut it these days. I see a lot of people have opted for Steve Guppy in the side. Sure, he was amazing in MON's team but these days simply does not have the pace or versatility to play above Championship level, the game's moved on and sadly there's no room for technical wizards if you don't have the physical attributes

I should hope not he's 48

Guest ttfn
22 hours ago, AKCJ said:

It's not even close;

Kasper

Simpson Huth Morgan Fuchs

Mahrez Kante Drinkwater Albrighton

Okazaki Vardy

I love how in an age of squad rotation you can just reel off our title winning starting XI. It's like something from the 1950s where clubs used about 15 players all season.

I know it's a small thing but it sort of adds to the romance of it.

6 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Yes, I think Huth maybe a better defender, but would have Elliot ahead on playing the ball out from the back, and 22 goals in 199 PL games is very impressive from him as well.

for me Elliott vs Huth isn't the argument, Elliott & Huth is the obvious pair

Archived