Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Brighton - 19th August

28 minutes ago, southfox66 said:

i noticed that too i was going to buy online cause i thought was going to be mad scramble but seems really quiet online so i decided to ring box office cause i wanted family stand i had to try few times but got through after about ten minutes and was one in queue, I got tickets in row e behind the goal for family stand, I can see at this rate they'll be offering to season ticket holders, be interesting to see if the priority points needed will come down for the next set of games?

very true ! Will be good to see , im sure they will change the points. i thought lots could buy today but the points are still high , be interesting to see what happens. 

2 hours ago, southfox66 said:

i noticed that too i was going to buy online cause i thought was going to be mad scramble but seems really quiet online so i decided to ring box office cause i wanted family stand i had to try few times but got through after about ten minutes and was one in queue, I got tickets in row e behind the goal for family stand, I can see at this rate they'll be offering to season ticket holders, be interesting to see if the priority points needed will come down for the next set of games?

I said it before the points were released....I honestly think that people overestimate how many games most members get to over a season. I think if you get to 10+ games per season as a member you are in the minority. There will be a relatively small number of members who go to most games, these are the guys who are probably after a ST but can't get one at the moment due to such unprecedented demand. But the nature of memberships means most people that have one physically can't get to most games (they live away from Leicester, work Saturdays, can't financially commit etc). I think the points have been set far too high, and I think they will come down for the next set of games, particularly for the fixtures outside of the traditional big six or so. 

34 minutes ago, rn9013 said:

I said it before the points were released....I honestly think that people overestimate how many games most members get to over a season. I think if you get to 10+ games per season as a member you are in the minority. There will be a relatively small number of members who go to most games, these are the guys who are probably after a ST but can't get one at the moment due to such unprecedented demand. But the nature of memberships means most people that have one physically can't get to most games (they live away from Leicester, work Saturdays, can't financially commit etc). I think the points have been set far too high, and I think they will come down for the next set of games, particularly for the fixtures outside of the traditional big six or so. 

I'm not sure to be honest.  I think this match is unpopular because it's summer, lots of people are away, and it's "only Brighton".  Also, everyone who gets a ticket will have one more point than they previously did.  So I think there'll be a lot more demand for tickets for future matches, I'd be surprised if the points cut-offs came down.

25 minutes ago, rn9013 said:

So, if the figures on the website are to be believed the ballot will close in 4 hours with around 1,000 entrants. I'm really hoping that means everyone who entered will get a ticket. Fingers crossed! 

There may even be spares as I was told you can enter the ballot whilst waiting to see if your priority points will get you tickets. So there is a strong chance, members in the 22+ and 20+ bracket entered the ballot too and given the numbers available yesterday probably got the tickets they wanted. Therefore, as you can't get both, there may be people in the ballot who already will have tickets, so increasing your odds. Good luck.

On 26/07/2017 at 12:06, rn9013 said:

I still fear it might stay open until Friday as per the attached sent out by the ticket office.  Even if it does close I wouldn't be surprised by complaints getting it reopened if any on 20+ tomorrow don't get the tickets they want.

Ticketing-Sales-Info.pdf

1 minute ago, billyn88 said:

I still fear it might stay open until Friday as per the attached sent out by the ticket office.  Even if it does close I wouldn't be surprised by complaints getting it reopened if any on 20+ tomorrow don't get the tickets they want.

Ticketing-Sales-Info.pdf

Unbelievable. They can't even get dates right. Our ticket office are basically the Fawlty Towers of the industry.

1 hour ago, rn9013 said:

Unbelievable. They can't even get dates right. Our ticket office are basically the Fawlty Towers of the industry.

From what I hear from mates who support other teams, it's not just us, they all seem to struggle.

7 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

From what I hear from mates who support other teams, it's not just us, they all seem to struggle.

In all seriousness, I wonder why it is they struggle. If the organisation I work for continuously acted in such open disarray to customers (which is ultimately what we all are) they'd be hell to play. But then I suppose it is the fact that although we are customers, we are customers with the strongest brand loyalty you can imagine, so is there any real pressure to ensure they get things right. Maybe not. 

6 minutes ago, billyn88 said:

For selfish reasons I want the ballot to close today but it makes no sense with a priority level still to go tomorrow.  

Yeah you are right. Selfishly I want it to close tonight so that I know tomorrow whether I can get a ticket. But I suppose it wouldn't make much real difference if they kept it open another day. However the priority level is no excuse. If I was on 20+ points I'd have simply entered the ballot and then if I manage to get a ticket I'd simply come out of the ballot (in the sense that if you get a ticket through priority they won't allow you to be drawn in the ballot). 

Personally if the website figures are to be believed I think this game might end up in general sale anyway! 

Everyone is obsessed with 1,000 tickets, this is the minimum. So maybe a Man Utd home game where sponsors/players/corporates take up loads of tickets. This is Brighton so I wouldn't be surprised if there were 2,000 tickets each in the ballot and priority sale.

I can see this opened up to Members and STH's as a next sale window.

Has anyone got their actual tickets yet?  I bought mine at the stadium last Friday, I have the receipt and an email, but the tickets are due to be posted.  Usually they arrive within a couple of days, but no sign of them yet.

I bought two tickets next to each other this morning without issue at 9am.

I don't seem to be able to easily link my two memberships when selecting seats though.

Under the old system I simply selected two seats to 'off the bat'; as both of my memberships were linked on the system.

Today I had to select one seat. Come out of the stadium seat plan. Assign an owner to the second one and go back in. I wouldn't want to be doing that on a must see game scenario as it was quite fiddly and time consuming. It wasn't also very user friendly.

44 minutes ago, SydenhamFox said:

I don't seem to be able to easily link my two memberships when selecting seats though.

Under the old system I simply selected two seats to 'off the bat'; as both of my memberships were linked on the system.

Today I had to select one seat. Come out of the stadium seat plan. Assign an owner to the second one and go back in. I wouldn't want to be doing that on a must see game scenario as it was quite fiddly and time consuming. It wasn't also very user friendly.

Were you not on under 20 points? I could be wrong I just seem to remember you were in a similar position to me whereby we were just short of 20 points? 

2 minutes ago, rn9013 said:

Were you not on under 20 points? I could be wrong I just seem to remember you were in a similar position to me whereby we were just short of 20 points? 

I thought I was but I actually went to more home games than I had remembered! I started the season on 21 points.

59 minutes ago, SydenhamFox said:

I had the same thing on Wednesday, my brother account which I am linked on name was available but I had to add mine when buying the ticket. I could select two seats but not buy them until I put my membership number, name and postcode I believe. Only then could I buy the tickets for both of us.

12 minutes ago, SydenhamFox said:

I thought I was but I actually went to more home games than I had remembered! I started the season on 21 points.

Happy days for you! I'm on 19 so hoping at least to get one for this through the ballot, so I can get in the priority bracket. Glad you got yourself a ticket sorted mate.

10 minutes ago, Samir said:

I had the same thing on Wednesday, my brother account which I am linked on name was available but I had to add mine when buying the ticket. I could select two seats but not buy them until I put my membership number, name and postcode I believe. Only then could I buy the tickets for both of us.

I now realise that even though my two memberships were showing on the system I still had not linked the accounts before purchasing today.

You have to hovver the cursor on your profile and click on 'personal details'. From there you can 'manage relationships', where I added my second membership as linked family. Hopefully this might make for a smoother purchase next time.

7 minutes ago, rn9013 said:

Happy days for you! I'm on 19 so hoping at least to get one for this through the ballot, so I can get in the priority bracket. Glad you got yourself a ticket sorted mate.

Thanks. It was a VERY pleasant surprise. Hope you get one in the ballot.

16 minutes ago, SydenhamFox said:

I now realise that even though my two memberships were showing on the system I still had not linked the accounts before purchasing today.

You have to hovver the cursor on your profile and click on 'personal details'. From there you can 'manage relationships', where I added my second membership as linked family. Hopefully this might make for a smoother purchase next time.

My account is linked with his so I can see myself on his friends and family but I login in through his email and when I selected the seats, I could pick two seats but I still had to put my membership no. in, maybe because it was the first time? Who knows, I see what happens with the next tickets I buy.

Archived