Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aaron

Matty James is going to the World Cup.

Henderson is fit again

matty will need to have a storming season to be in serious contention. He seems to be a quietly effective player so unlikely to attract enough attention - I would expect chalobah, loftus cheek (both will be playing regularly) and ward prowse to be well ahead of him in the pecking order 

3 minutes ago, EnglishOxide said:

When does Drinkwater EVER do that, gather the ball, turn, and burst forward 20 yards with the ball?

That clip sums up what James offers that all our midfielders other than Ndidi can't.

Off the top of my head I can think of villa at home and Sevilla away (vardy goals) where drinks burst into forward areas away from his 'responsible zone'. no midfileder stood out for me last night because we were typically over run in the middle.

I know it's only been two games in Asia, but he's really impressed me so far.

Considering it's his first pre season in a long time, he seems really fit and ready for the fight. If he keeps up this form, he'd be the first name on the teamsheet for me in terms of centre midfield.

On 23/07/2017 at 02:49, the fox said:

Not to sure that's Matty James or zinedine zidane!

1sxd0v.gif

49.00 - Great Pass, did about 4 of them against West Brom.

50.50 - Matty doing a Mahrez impression with a back heel

14 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I think he's a really useful asset in keeping the cogs turning especially when we are putting pressure on to break down teams, and he also seems to have added a bit of flair to his game which is great to see!

29 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Matty is really great for the team, his play style and movement is so organic. You truly have the feeling that he controls the game. And what I really like about him is his ability to distribute the ball. Not the kroos "40 yard long ball" type but the simple 5-10 yard pass. With him its really "less is more". Not the flashiest but as efficient as anyone. 

He linked the team well. Him, Maguire and n'didi provided a good spine for a team looking to build the play from behind and mahrez looked comfortable controlling the game thanks to them (and of course amartey).

For me, james has to start vs arsenal. He looks Sharp and ready to go so why not let the man show us what he has.

he probably will miss out on the squad because he plays for Leicester, like people have said before the big club's players get favoured by England... but Livermore is such a basic player and he plays for a smaller club so it does make you think! James though is a great player and I reckon he could surprise a few this season, wouldn't surprise me if he keeps DD out the team. I'm holding judgement on Iborra, don't want to lose my head like I did when we signed Inler and think he was going to boss it for us! Either way we are looking strong in CM so its a great problem and debate for us to be having

20 hours ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

I know it's only been two games in Asia, but he's really impressed me so far.

Considering it's his first pre season in a long time, he seems really fit and ready for the fight. If he keeps up this form, he'd be the first name on the teamsheet for me in terms of centre midfield.

Same here. I'd kind of forgotten how he plays and figured he would be well down the pecking order come the new season.

Liked what I've seen so far and he definitely deserves a go this season with Ndidi.

Only issue with Matty is that as some have said his style and Ndidis is too similar. Matty is a capable box-to-box player and if he's playing with Ndidi he should be getting forward more to support attacks with his linking play rather than the holding role he has played in the pre-season

15 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Only issue with Matty is that as some have said his style and Ndidis is too similar. Matty is a capable box-to-box player and if he's playing with Ndidi he should be getting forward more to support attacks with his linking play rather than the holding role he has played in the pre-season

Don't think they are completely overlapping and with 442, there is nothing wrong with two B2B midfielders if they coordinate (preferable in fact).  Jamo is better passer and shuttler, where as Wilf is more of a destroyer, with an eye for goal (howitzers!).  Nice there is some back up if one gets injured but on for so far, they are my starting pair if we stick to 442.  

7 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Injuries might force him to evolve into a more measured, sitting player though; that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, giving Ndidi scope to roam a bit more.

He was always highly rated at United, and pre-injury he was class for Leicester too. He reminds me a lot of both Gareth Barry and Jeremy Toulalan, who also ran like penguins but still managed to dictate the tempo of top-level midfields. 

Archived