Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Technology, Science and the Environment.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

All of the galaxies in the background in such unreal clarity are the most amazing thing for me.

Agreed. I feel grateful to live at a time where photos like these could quite easily be taken for granted. I guess that could be said contextually across time though!

These sorts of pictures make me feel somewhat melancholy. So incredibly beautiful, but also gives me a sense of unease lol

Edited by samlcfc
  • Like 1

Just now, samlcfc said:

Agreed. I feel grateful to live at a time where photos like these could quite easily be taken for granted. I guess that could be said contextually across time though!

These sorts of pictures may me feel somewhat melancholy. So incredibly beautiful, but also make me feel kinda uneasy lol.

Absolutely!

Can certainly understand the depth of feeling when you see pictures like this - for me, gazing out into the black and seeing things out there like this makes me excited, rather than uneasy. There's so much to discover out there, and so many possibilities...

• Like 1

I saw the below the other day.

James Webb Turns to Examine Planet Showing Potential Sign of Life

Regardless of whether this planet turns out to be a successful candidate in the search for extraterrestrial, in the same way we're getting all these amazing pictures and other data, it seems that the time for such a discovery could come up on us pretty fast.

What a day that will be, if there's anything out there at all....

4 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Absolutely!

Can certainly understand the depth of feeling when you see pictures like this - for me, gazing out into the black and seeing things out there like this makes me excited, rather than uneasy. There's so much to discover out there, and so many possibilities...

I often enjoy hearing about subjects that try and get at the nature of reality. I think the unease is me reflecting the 'why' factor in these sorts of pictures back at the human experience. If that makes any sense at all! It's for sure exciting as well.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, samlcfc said:

I saw the below the other day.

James Webb Turns to Examine Planet Showing Potential Sign of Life

Regardless of whether this planet turns out to be a successful candidate in the search for extraterrestrial, in the same way we're getting all these amazing pictures and other data, it seems that the time for such a discovery could come up on us pretty fast.

What a day that will be, if there's anything out there at all....

It would be the single most important discovery in the history of humanity, no less, imo.

That being said, I think the first step would be finding simple microbial life in our own Solar System, and I don't reckon that's too far away either.

10 minutes ago, samlcfc said:

I often enjoy hearing about subjects that try and get at the nature of reality. I think the unease is me reflecting the 'why' factor in these sorts of pictures back at the human experience. If that makes any sense at all! It's for sure exciting as well.

Yeah, I really get that. It does lead a person to examine their thoughts about the nature of it all.