Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
PintsandPyro

Darts

10 hours ago, PAULCFC said:

Yep,going to all of the sessions.To be honest if i had researched it a bit more and realised that it's the same players in every session i might not have got ticket's for all of them!Taking the lad to the two afternoon ones and then me and mate's in the evening.Expensive time of the year for dart's fans,this, the Grand Slam next month,Worlds in December,then Masters in Jan.No wonder i have no money left for xmas presents!:) Mrs is taking my other lad to the Burnley game,so at least the tickets are not wasted.

At least the ones for this weekend were a reasonable price, just under £30 for the table seats.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

At least the ones for this weekend were a reasonable price, just under £30 for the table seats.

Yes,looked at the Premier League for next year and they are 55 quid each.Been for about 3 years to Nottingham,Sheffield and Brum and i'm sure i didn't pay that!Went last year to Nottingham with the Mrs and kid's and it wasn't a pleasant experiance.Don't want to sound patronizing,but when the women sat next to me had to ask who was playing and then not taking a blind bit of interest in the darts!The best tourney's for me are The Grand Slam,Worlds(to an extent Ally Pally is great,but you still get the people who just go for the "experiance" it's London and a lot of office party's etc.Love to go to Blackpool and Dublin.I must sound like a right Darts snob!;)

38 minutes ago, PAULCFC said:

Yes,looked at the Premier League for next year and they are 55 quid each.Been for about 3 years to Nottingham,Sheffield and Brum and i'm sure i didn't pay that!Went last year to Nottingham with the Mrs and kid's and it wasn't a pleasant experiance.Don't want to sound patronizing,but when the women sat next to me had to ask who was playing and then not taking a blind bit of interest in the darts!The best tourney's for me are The Grand Slam,Worlds(to an extent Ally Pally is great,but you still get the people who just go for the "experiance" it's London and a lot of office party's etc.Love to go to Blackpool and Dublin.I must sound like a right Darts snob!;)

Absolutely, the PL and World Champs are so commercial now and lots of people just go to say they've been. I went to the PL in Cov, maybe 2008? That was great, fairly small. Also went Wembley Arena for a finals night, maybe 2009, also good then. A lot has changed.

I went the Grand Slam a couple of years running, 2013 to 2015 I believe. Really enjoyed that. It's nice to keep darts venues to under 3,000. Any more and it becomes a bit OTT. You still need to feel like you are near to the players and not in the next city. I cannot imagine sitting in top tier at the O2 or something equivalent.

4 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Absolutely, the PL and World Champs are so commercial now and lots of people just go to say they've been. I went to the PL in Cov, maybe 2008? That was great, fairly small. Also went Wembley Arena for a finals night, maybe 2009, also good then. A lot has changed.

I went the Grand Slam a couple of years running, 2013 to 2015 I believe. Really enjoyed that. It's nice to keep darts venues to under 3,000. Any more and it becomes a bit OTT. You still need to feel like you are near to the players and not in the next city. I cannot imagine sitting in top tier at the O2 or something equivalent.

If you get a chance try the Masters at Milton keynes not a ranking event,but proper darts fan's,We take the kid's and my oldest one will be 9(it's his birthday treat) and he's been going for 5 years this year!Believe the tickets are going on sale sometime this month.

11 hours ago, PAULCFC said:

If you get a chance try the Masters at Milton keynes not a ranking event,but proper darts fan's,We take the kid's and my oldest one will be 9(it's his birthday treat) and he's been going for 5 years this year!Believe the tickets are going on sale sometime this month.

Think I've seen that on TV a couple of times, looks decent. There still are a fair few events on the PDC calendar that cater for the "proper" (very loosely termed) darts fans. If you avoid the big ones there is still good choice.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Isn't he in a PaddyPower fanzone (I assume at the Arena)?

Or is this even before he does that?

Think he’s there aswell but he’s also in the Leicester city centre shop between 9 and 11 before the event.

Edited by Oswinner

9 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Going the evening session tomorrow for this and having a few beers in town during the afternoon. Anybody recommend any decent bars not to far from the arena that will have Soccer Saturday on ?

It's a bit sparse for pubs now at that end of town.The Bridle Lane Tavern is the only one i can think of within walking distance. and i don't know if it has sky.

1 hour ago, Lcfc82 said:

Cheers might just find somewhere in the centre and get a taxi if it’s to far

It's not too far out depending on what side of town you are.Their used to be load's of pubs up that way(Bowl turners,sultan of egypt,etc)To be honest i'd probably stay in town until 4 then get the 5A bus from Haymarket to Belgrave college and it's pretty much next door.

8 hours ago, PAULCFC said:

It's not too far out depending on what side of town you are.Their used to be load's of pubs up that way(Bowl turners,sultan of egypt,etc)To be honest i'd probably stay in town until 4 then get the 5A bus from Haymarket to Belgrave college and it's pretty much next door.

Sounds like a good option I’ll probably do that. Cheers 

What a day!Went down to the Paddy Power shop and beat Ray with 48,he started on 20,then his next dart went out and then tried for a double and missed.Free 25 bet and i'm no gambler but put it on city to wín 37 quid up.Next we went to the darts and played RVB again.I scored 8!Then Paddy said "play backwards,not looking at the board" to Barney....100 quid in my back pocket!