Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
PintsandPyro

Darts

• 11 months later...

Anyone on here collect darts?This should probably go in the strange hobby page!Got Taylors p 4(signed),mvg...about 4 ltd editions,Andersons,2 world ch(one #16 the gold one)Wade signed,Lewis,signed.Now will have to go for the Anderson noir(£79) because of the 9 darter......used to be a cheap game!And don't ask about the Wright Collection!

Edited by PAULCFC

6 hours ago, PAULCFC said:

Anyone on here collect darts?This should probably go in the strange hobby page!Got Taylors p 4(signed),mvg...about 4 ltd editions,Andersons,2 world ch(one #16 the gold one)Wade signed,Lewis,signed.Now will have to go for the Anderson noir(£79) because of the 9 darter......used to be a cheap game!And don't ask about the Wright Collection!

Yeah I randomly started doing this after Anderson's first World title and have his limited edition sets, Taylor's phase 2 - 5 I believe, Mardle's Gen 2 beauties, Scott Mitchell's pink and blacks and still to this day I think are the nicest set to throw are Ted Hankey originals.

Crazy how the prices are nowadays, none of mine are signed yet most have been close to £80 when released.

Guest Harrydc

Backed Whitlock at the start of this tournament @ 110/1 . Been some big shocks but I've seen some of the most exciting darts in recent times , expecially last night . Feel bad for Cullen though he deserved to go to the semis. 

13 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Yeah I randomly started doing this after Anderson's first World title and have his limited edition sets, Taylor's phase 2 - 5 I believe, Mardle's Gen 2 beauties, Scott Mitchell's pink and blacks and still to this day I think are the nicest set to throw are Ted Hankey originals.

Crazy how the prices are nowadays, none of mine are signed yet most have been close to £80 when released.

Love the hankey original,but Bunting's original have become my match dart.....both smooth,but Bunting's have a little bit of grip.Any way sulovich(sp) v Wright....i'd say Wright and De zwan v Anderson.......could go either way...but Anderson for me.

Edited by PAULCFC

16 hours ago, PAULCFC said:

Love the hankey original,but Bunting's original have become my match dart.....both smooth,but Bunting's have a little bit of grip.Any way sulovich(sp) v Wright....i'd say Wright and De zwan v Anderson.......could go either way...but Anderson for me.

Be nice to see a Anderson - Wright final,  always a fair bit of needle and do not like each other one bit. Suljovic has a good record against Gary so that wouldn't be straight forward either as I think Anderson really struggles with the pace he plays at.

Will have to check out Buntings Darts and see how they feel, also been tempted by the old one's Terry Jenkins used to use, also very smooth. 

Incredible from both, Mensur just wouldnt go away.

Crazy to think just a few years back that Gary used to be a bit of a bottler on the big stage and made hitting doubles look the hardest thing in the world at times.

Was that the best Matchplay final ever? It's definitely up there.

The last five or so legs were absolutely insane Darts. We've seen way better but whenever someone averages 100+ for a match that distance it always amazes me, great stuff :worship:

Edited by kingfox

• 7 months later...

something needs to be done about MVG. the 9 dart finish used to be the stuff of legend, he’s now deciding to try “more difficult” ways to hit the 9 dart finish. 

180, 174, 147 today. using the bull. 

joke. 

Van Gerwen playing like a wounded animal the last couple of weeks.

He absolutely seems to hate the doubters and taking any sort of criticism and the last couple of months he's had plenty.

Losing a bit of the fear factor could be just the kick up the backside he needed.

• 2 months later...

World cup starts Thursday:)One of my favourites a bit of a diferent format.Holland without RVB and Scotland with Wright(bad form) and Anderson(been away) could open up the door for Northern ireland(Gurney and Dolan) or England(Cross and Smith)Would be better with Wade and Cross....just my opinion.But my money is on Wales.Price(good form) and Clayton(good form):scarf:

Edited by PAULCFC

On 03/06/2019 at 21:16, PAULCFC said:

World cup starts Thursday:)One of my favourites a bit of a diferent format.Holland without RVB and Scotland with Wright(bad form) and Anderson(been away) could open up the door for Northern ireland(Gurney and Dolan) or England(Cross and Smith)Would be better with Wade and Cross....just my opinion.But my money is on Wales.Price(good form) and Clayton(good form):scarf:

Well that went well!But you have to love Paul Lim.

Edited by PAULCFC

Fair effort from our lads.

William O'Connor is from the same county as myself but I've never rated him that highly. Been around about 8 years but has put together a decent run of form the last few months. Doubt he will maintain it.

Steve Lennon has performed reasonably well over the last year too. Looks to be a promising player.

The Irish scene has gotten its act together the last few years. Was a wasteland for so long.

• 1 month later...