Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
PintsandPyro

Darts

5 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

have you ever watched the women’s BDO? after a few matches of that you’d be surprised if women can function in day to day lives let alone hit bull finishes. 

It's awful because hardly any women are encouraged to take up the game professionally and the depth isn't there. That doesn't alter the fact that there is no physiological or psychological reason as to why a woman cannot compete with the men.

11 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

It's awful because hardly any women are encouraged to take up the game professionally and the depth isn't there. That doesn't alter the fact that there is no physiological or psychological reason as to why a woman cannot compete with the men.

yeah but that’s why people are surprised, and for now at least, every match, if not every set that sherrock wins will be seen as a shock. 

because there’s never been a “physiological or psychological reason as to why a woman cannot compete with the men”, but for however many years women have tried to play darts they have been completely atrocious at it. 

be decent if that changes, fair play. 

Yes Beats!! A lovely lovely guy aswell, used to work for a Dart exhibition event company and met most regularly over the years and never met anybody that had a bad word against Steve Beaton. 

James Wade on the other hand, blimey plenty of stories on his actions but then it wasn't really known about his illness but still

2 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Yes Beats!! A lovely lovely guy aswell, used to work for a Dart exhibition event company and met most regularly over the years and never met anybody that had a bad word against Steve Beaton. 

James Wade on the other hand, blimey plenty of stories on his actions but then it wasn't really known about his illness but still

Beaton is the last player left now playing before the spilt. If he makes it next year he'll have the highest ever WC appearances in a row with 30.

Himself and Martin Adams are probably my favouirte players in the game. Never thought I'd be saying that 20 years ago!

• Like 2

On 22 December 2019 at 10:12, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Look out for a girl called Beau Greaves only about 15 won about 8 titles on the BDO circuit this year far better player then Fallon worth backing to win the BDO world championship next month 

3 hours ago, everton carr said:

Look out for a girl called Beau Greaves only about 15 won about 8 titles on the BDO circuit this year far better player then Fallon worth backing to win the BDO world championship next month 

Will do. Thanks. 

I noticed that Fallon is only 4th in the BDO women's rankings so the standard of the women's game must be improving rapidly.

Also noticed that the BDO Champs isn't being held at the Lakeside this time but at The Indigo at the O2. Seems a shame but tbf the Lakeside has looked a bit out of date for a while now.

2 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Will do. Thanks. 

I noticed that Fallon is only 4th in the BDO women's rankings so the standard of the women's game must be improving rapidly.

Also noticed that the BDO Champs isn't being held at the Lakeside this time but at The Indigo at the O2. Seems a shame but tbf the Lakeside has looked a bit out of date for a while now.

Yep the BDO decided to move to a more modern venue however ticket sales have been  very poor so far unlike at the Lakeside which had a good fanbase.Just looked up Beau on the darts database in her last 6 events she has won 5 and reached the final in the other averages over 90 in just about every match not bad for a 15 year old

21 hours ago, everton carr said:

bit late now she is already like third fav. 

suzuki should win the women's again, she is probably the only women's player capable of playing at a reasonable level for 3 or 4 games in a row. the like of ashton, sherrock and anastasia amongst others can put together decent sets of darts but not week's worth of darts. suzuki can. 

58 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

bit late now she is already like third fav. 

suzuki should win the women's again, she is probably the only women's player capable of playing at a reasonable level for 3 or 4 games in a row. the like of ashton, sherrock and anastasia amongst others can put together decent sets of darts but not week's worth of darts. suzuki can. 

Third favourite would have thought Ashton Sherrick Suzuki  Winstanley Hedman  and the Russian girl can't spell her name LOL would all have better odds then Beau must admit I'm surprised by that

16 hours ago, everton carr said:

Yep the BDO decided to move to a more modern venue however ticket sales have been  very poor so far unlike at the Lakeside which had a good fanbase.Just looked up Beau on the darts database in her last 6 events she has won 5 and reached the final in the other averages over 90 in just about every match not bad for a 15 year old

How poor is poor, Everton? I'm genuinely interested as BDO was my only access to darts when I was growing up with no Sky. Is it that the Frimley Green crowd won't go the the 02, more tickets to sell and aren't good? Just wondering if there's a potential for an embarrassingly sparse crowd?

2 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

How poor is poor, Everton? I'm genuinely interested as BDO was my only access to darts when I was growing up with no Sky. Is it that the Frimley Green crowd won't go the the 02, more tickets to sell and aren't good? Just wondering if there's a potential for an embarrassingly sparse crowd?

The website that listed ticket sales not been updated for about a week but the last list showed that some of the week day sessions had sold only around 70 tickets and no sessions had sold more then 500 the capacity of the venue  is 1600.Major mistake by chairman Des Jackin to move from the lakeside which had a loyal fan base plus the owner Bob Potter put up the prize money.Can only help the success of Fallon can help shift a few more tickets