Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steve_Walsh5

Televisions

I'm looking at getting a new Television with a budget of around £500. Ideally I need it for tomorrow so that pretty much rules out buying online. 

Has anyone got any recommendations on what t.v to buy, where to buy from (Leicester area), brands to stay away from? 

I'm not bothered about the smart features that t.v's do these days I just want a really good quality picture to watch all sports in.

I liked the look of this one http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/televisions/televisions/lg-43uj701v-43-smart-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-led-tv-10160569-pdt.html

LG, Panasonic, Samsung, Phillips and poss Sony are the best. Stay away from the cheaper brands

I have an LG one in the bedroom. Picture is great, but sound is not brilliant. 

Phillips one in the front room has the dynamic lighting which casts a glow on the wall behind it which changes in context with what is on the screen. Looks cool, the chicks dig.

I bought a Hisense tv from AO.com. 65inch for £800. They do smaller ones for around £400-500. The brand is Chinese they sponsored the last football European Championships in France.  They are also official sponsor of Russia 2018. The tv it self is all singing all dancing 4k ultra hd etc etc. AO were also very good prompt delivery and installed my tv and took the old one away.

In the old days I would only buy Sony. Now having shopped around you can get just the same quality for half or a third of the price without getting an inferior product.

I recommend both Hisense and AO.com. Good luck.

11 minutes ago, davieG said:

These re reckoned to be very competitive with a good range and service although I've never used them yet.

https://www.richersounds.com/stores/leicester

Richersounds are excellent and come with the same sort of garuntees as John Lewis.

I bought a sony tv a few years back through them that after 13 months the screen was ****ed. I rang richersounds who told me sony no longer made that model so gave me the choice of a full refund or a like for like replacement of the same value.

Would not go anywhere else for electrical stuff.

1 hour ago, m4DD0gg said:

Richersounds are excellent and come with the same sort of garuntees as John Lewis.

I bought a sony tv a few years back through them that after 13 months the screen was ****ed. I rang richersounds who told me sony no longer made that model so gave me the choice of a full refund or a like for like replacement of the same value.

Would not go anywhere else for electrical stuff.

Just had a look at Richersounds and they have got exactly the same tv I was looking at in currys but they give a 6 year warranty instead. 

Will pop down to them tomorrow to have a look.

17 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Just had a look at Richersounds and they have got exactly the same tv I was looking at in currys but they give a 6 year warranty instead. 

Will pop down to them tomorrow to have a look.

Never buy anything from curriys they are scumbags 

Long and short.

If You can find a sony or Panasonic that does what you want in your price range. Buy It.

After that I have 2 Samsung smart tv and quite frankly I didn't want them but the offers for size pic quality and the smart option they are a bargin.

Wouldn't touch any other manufacturers if I'm honest.

With £500 get one of the DX range of Panasonic TVs.  They are last year's range.

You should be able to get the DX600 or possibly DX700 for that money.

Panasonic and LG are where picture quality is at.

Struggling to find the DXs now through stores.  The EX600 in a 40" is £549 at Lords Electrical.  Richer Sounds website is down.  Strange.  Bought my plasma from there, decent place to go, but a bugger to park, particularly when putting a new TV in your car.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived