Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
VinceNoir

South Park: The Fractured but Whole

Anyone getting this? Released today and got a fairly decent score on Metacritic, so I'll be all over it after work. The first one was probably the funniest game I've ever played. Found it amazing just exploring the town and collecting all the chinpokomon! Hopefully this one offers more of the same and then some.

15 hours ago, Sir Shep said:

Any good? 

Its decent enough. I'm about 70% through I think, definitely enjoyed Stick of Truth more though, there's plenty of toilet humour and the battle system is improved but it's just lacking that something in comparison.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

So I finally got round to playing this. What were peoples impressions? The Stick of Truth I found much funnier than this. I'm enjoying the combat style in this one but I find myself wondering if its worth carrying on as so far its just not as good as the SoT. I'm onto the 2nd day now

On 23/07/2018 at 13:42, kingcarr21 said:

So I finally got round to playing this. What were peoples impressions? The Stick of Truth I found much funnier than this. I'm enjoying the combat style in this one but I find myself wondering if its worth carrying on as so far its just not as good as the SoT. I'm onto the 2nd day now

Totally agree. It’s good but it doesn’t have the wow factor of stick of truth. Also, the collectibles aren’t as memorable. It was much more rewarding making friends and collecting chinpokomon than taking selfies with people.

Finally, as a huge fan of the show, I miss the little icons when you pick up a piece of junk such as ‘a copy of scrotie mcboogerballs’. In SoT you’d have a little icon of every specific piece of junk, most of which were references to the show. But here it’s just a generic blue junk icon. Just a minor detail but it takes away a bit of the magic imo. 

3 hours ago, VinceNoir said:

Totally agree. It’s good but it doesn’t have the wow factor of stick of truth. Also, the collectibles aren’t as memorable. It was much more rewarding making friends and collecting chinpokomon than taking selfies with people.

Finally, as a huge fan of the show, I miss the little icons when you pick up a piece of junk such as ‘a copy of scrotie mcboogerballs’. In SoT you’d have a little icon of every specific piece of junk, most of which were references to the show. But here it’s just a generic blue junk icon. Just a minor detail but it takes away a bit of the magic imo. 

I noticed that also regarding the icons. Gives you those visual memories and makes you chuckle to yourself. It's those little chuckles that I loved with SoT in between the laugh out loud moments. This game I haven't laughed much at all. I am borrowing the game off my cousin so im not all that fussed if I stop playing it. Im so glad I didn't buy the game on release, would have been gutted to spend £50