Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Uncle Phil

Neil Young Archives available

Loved some of his stuff as I got mellower in my taste of music

Southern Man which led to the Sweet Home Alabama spat was class

And for the younger readers, check out Old Man........... Sod it, here it is

Story explained at the beginning by an "Old" Neil Young   :thumbup:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Buce said:

Where and when did you see him?

It was in Leeds last year. If I remember correctly, he came on at 8pm and played nonstop until past 11:30pm, absolutely incredible. He did about an hour acoustically on his own, then was joined by his band for the rest and played a much rockier set for the rest. It was a day that Trump had announced something about his bid for the presidency, can’t remember what, but in response Neil “dedicated” Rocking in the Free World to him by saying “fuch you Donald Trump” at the start, biggest cheer of the night!

We were stood near the front and were absolutely knackered by the end, while he was still jumping around on stage. We’re in our mid 20’s, him in his early 70’s, but he had so much energy it was unreal. 

If you ever get the chance to see him live, take it regardless of the cost. He’s not going to be around forever, and it’s an experience I’ll never forget. 

Edited by thebartonfox

14 minutes ago, thebartonfox said:

It was in Leeds last year. If I remember correctly, he came on at 8pm and played nonstop until past 11:30pm, absolutely incredible. He did about an hour acoustically on his own, then was joined by his band for the rest and played a much rockier set for the rest. It was a day that Trump had announced something about his bid for the presidency, can’t remember what, but in response Neil “dedicated” Rocking in the Free World to him by saying “fuch you Donald Trump” at the start, biggest cheer of the night!

We were stood near the front and were absolutely knackered by the end, while he was still jumping around on stage. We’re in our mid 20’s, him in his early 70’s, but he had so much energy it was unreal. 

If you ever get the chance to see him live, take it regardless of the cost. He’s not going to be around forever, and it’s an experience I’ll never forget. 

I've seen him live a couple of times during the '82 tour with Crazy Horse and Nils Lofgren and had a similar experience - three and a half hours straight with a half-hour encore.

It cost about a tenner then, iirc. Sigh.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Harvest is one of the most beautiful albums ever. I know a lot of people love him for his guitar work and influence on grunge but he'll always be a hippy folky to me. 

Ledge. 

Have you listened to his Unplugged album (part of the MTV acoustic series)?

That's pretty mellow too.

Edited by Buce

5 minutes ago, Buce said:

Have you listened to his Unplugged album (part of the MTV acoustic series)?

That's pretty mellow too.

Great live album, one of the best from that series, still have it on VHS tape from around 1992....up in the loft somewhere.lol

1 minute ago, purpleronnie said:

Great live album, one of the best from that series, still have it on VHS tape from around 1992....up in the loft somewhere.lol

They were a few pretty good performances from what I remember - Clapton, Oasis, REM, Crosby, Stills and Nash, Nirvana are all stand out memories.