Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rain King

Where to fix phone screens?

12 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Phonemasters in Thurmaston is pretty decent. Only one I've had experience with though. Might be cheaper options about. 

I took a phone there and they ruined it. It was waterproof and after they'd finished, first they admitted that it wouldn't be watertight (I'd expect to be told beforehand) and second the screen peeled away and they had to redo it. Even after that it was a shit job. Won't be going back.

2 minutes ago, toddybad said:

I took a phone there and they ruined it. It was waterproof and after they'd finished, first they admitted that it wouldn't be watertight (I'd expect to be told beforehand) and second the screen peeled away and they had to redo it. Even after that it was a shit job. Won't be going back.

Wow. Sorry to hear that, that sucks. :mellow: Been a few years since I used them it was for my girlfriend's iPhone, they did a good job with that. Maybe the newer phones are more difficult than the one we took in? 

It's fraudulent so obviously there's no way you should do it, but if you insured it now with someone like Protect My Bubble for about £6 a month and waited for the initial period of maybe a fortnight, then theoretically, you could make a completely fraudulent claim. It would be really dishonest. But much, much cheaper :ph34r:

1 hour ago, FoxesDeb said:

It's fraudulent so obviously there's no way you should do it, but if you insured it now with someone like Protect My Bubble for about £6 a month and waited for the initial period of maybe a fortnight, then theoretically, you could make a completely fraudulent claim. It would be really dishonest. But much, much cheaper :ph34r:

This or bank account insurance. I work for a mobile phone company and Samsung/Apple screens are now almost nigh on impossible to get replaced reliably by a 3rd party. It's to encourage (or force) you to return to Apple/Samsung directly so they can charge you for the repair/replacement. 

2 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

5BFF5336-03F4-49B5-A5A6-65A85CC150C6.thumb.jpeg.130c8ff02adc441ab8319e1bc0825093.jpeg

1 hour ago, srevell580 said:

This or bank account insurance. I work for a mobile phone company and Samsung/Apple screens are now almost nigh on impossible to get replaced reliably by a 3rd party. It's to encourage (or force) you to return to Apple/Samsung directly so they can charge you for the repair/replacement. 

I’m sorry but iPhones are a doddle, you can change a 5,6 or 7 screen in 10 minutes. I’ve not done an 8 or an x but I can’t see why it would be massively different. LGs and Samsung’s are tricky and Nokia’s are nigh on impossible.

Think it’s called phone angels in Kettering. They charged me £100, you leave it with them for an hour.

But then when I was getting a cover in Market Harborough, the bloke there said he does it for £90.

This was about a year ago though, not sure if things have changed. 

Think my mate are at work just buys them off eBay and does it himself too. Think he has done some old phones of mine. About a tenner. 

19 hours ago, Strokes said:

I’m sorry but iPhones are a doddle, you can change a 5,6 or 7 screen in 10 minutes. I’ve not done an 8 or an x but I can’t see why it would be massively different. LGs and Samsung’s are tricky and Nokia’s are nigh on impossible.

The emphasis was more on reliability rather than ease. The town where I live there are a few 3rd party screen places whose work is shoddy and customers have had to have multiple replacements because the first or even second attempts simply didn't do the job ?

Archived