Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox 4 Life

Stoke post match 1-1

9 hours ago, Bunyip said:

Is it not his job as manager to make sure his players translate and implement his tactics?

No,its Up to the Players to earn their Game,and prove why they are considered top half PL

Players,on field thoughts and Game day, discipline.The Team should also have their 

Heads screwed in. The Manager should never be the Boss on the field,Nor the excuse

for a loss....That was S.Gerrards Problem...always the Chefs fault when He was on the Losing

Side.    Why are Teams stronger,Not Just because of the Manager or Coaches,its because

they are better than the Others over the season,or seasons,Not because the Manager MAKES

them...The Boss is a Mentor, a top Boss gets the best Out of already great Players.

Having a Dig,at Puel is IMO pathetic,we all agree we have a strong Squad,but Not a

Brilliant Squad. Other Teams are Not poor, because our indifferent Form,its the Nature of the

Beast in Football.The ups and Downs of the League Tablets,and thankfully,Not the Same every

Season.which initself makes comparisons totally futile.....

Fans,including myself are the worse Managers...Look how you posted during our title win,

You thought you knew better ,Like many Others,even then!!!! ...get Out of Here..AS they say.

Edited by fuchsntf

18 minutes ago, Colourmy said:

Yes but during the time of those names, we were invariably dogshite, so we had fewer expectations. We were never talking about securing 7th place and ideas on Europe. Completely different scenarios I'm afraid. 

I think you'll find that's the point he's making. 

Surprised at the abuse directed at Albrighton, poor guy ran his balls off and he's now being asked to play left wing and right back in the same game.

I wouldn't start James as I don't think he's good enough but he doesn't deserve the stick he's getting, he was better than N'Didi yesterday who was an embarrassment at times.

Chilwell and Gray just aren't making progress and that's a big worry, when Mahrez leaves we are in big trouble, barely anyone can create a chance. Still mystified how anyone can pay such a big fee for someone as poor as Iheanacho, his first touch is often as bad as Akinbiyi.

1 minute ago, Line-X said:

I think you'll find that's the point he's making. 

Yes, I am well aware of the point but because we were once lumbered with a soon to be cocaine dealer in years of dire football shouldn't mean we have to be happy watching the horror shows of late. Options are available to try something different, he is refusing to do so.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Colourmy said:

And if my Auntie had boll**ks, she'd have been my Uncle. Time, how much time does he want? Most of that 11 won the premier league in 2015/16, did he need more confirmation of their styles and abilities than that? He is trying to get a thoroughbred race horse to be a skeggy beach donkey. Those players were used to play kick and rush, if that style is no longer the order of the day, play players more suited to the glacial, drab shite he prefers.

You are really a Hero arent you!! Your ideas are better of Course,plus I have a Feeling in Your

Family,Your aunt just might have the bollocks...Your too Antagonising for Your own good.

Proving Your Just one of those Forest Trolls,and Not a Leicester City Fan by half..

Come on own Up...!!! You aint Said a good Word since you started posting

4 minutes ago, Colourmy said:

Yes, I am well aware of the point but because we were once lumbered with a soon to be cocaine dealer in years of dire football shouldn't mean we have to be happy watching the horror shows of late. Options are available to try something different, he is refusing to do so.

They are hardly "horror shows" in comparison. 

As much as Shaqiri makes me want to rip my arm off just to have something to throw at him, I’d actually really love it if he signed for us if Stoke go down. As for yesterday, it went pretty much as I suspected it would. We know what they’re like, and with Puel’s team selection it was never going to end well. 

Edited by Katy

3 minutes ago, Line-X said:

They are hardly "horror shows" in comparison. 

The last four league games have been woeful. Not befitting of an apparent heir to "the best of the rest"  throne.

In the years of Elvis and Co, beating Spurs in a cup game was as good as it got and we knew that was it. Having shite players through a shite period that we accepted as being a shite period, is not a reason to say the recent offerings are okay because of what we had before.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, chicagofox said:

A cross straight to the keeper is a poor cross. Whether the keeper catches it, knocks it into the net, juggles it, turns around and let’s it smack him on the arse, it’s still a poor cross.

You dont Like Football do you, you dont understand an hard Cross,initself can cause Problems..

Your a basketball Player...arent you. Come on own Up..!!

15 hours ago, Monsell1976 said:

Very poor goalkeeping, yes the ball in the right area, but nobody really near it if I remember right, so if it wasn’t for an horrendous error, most keepers would simply have caught it.

Jesus,are you blind...Vardy was racing in and nearly got a Nick.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Colourmy said:

The last four league games have been woeful. 

With the exception of Man City away, I disagree. If it hadn't been for Butland we would have won this 3-1. Against Everton, again we had our chances and versus Swansea again it was a story of missed chances although the visitors performed much better in the second half. 

9 minutes ago, Colourmy said:

Having shite players through a shite period that we accepted as being a shite period, is not a reason to say the recent offerings are okay because of what we had before.

But no one is saying that. Simply that the detractors in using language such as "horror show" soon forget "what we had before". I know what I'd rather be paying to watch and eras such as Hamilton, Pleat, Taylor and Levine teach you not to take anything whatsoever for granted. 

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

I can,and I do....!!  Milord..

I would endeavour further,any Team you may select would also have other Peoples doubts,

and lead to negative Point gathering, so my conclusion, is codswallop... on all Points..Milord

Good sire, while I respect thou's opinion I sayeth, unto you Balderdash and forsooth forsooth!  Stay thy hand, your grace and cometh upeth wiv somat else I beseech you.

3 minutes ago, Line-X said:

With the exception of Man City away, I disagree. If it hadn't been for Butland we would have won this 3-1. Against Everton, again we had our chances and versus Swansea again it was a story of missed chances although the visitors performed much better in the second half. 

But no one is saying that. Simply that the detractors in using language such as "horror show" soon forget "what we had before". I know what I'd rather be paying to watch and eras such as Hamilton, Pleat, Taylor and Levine teach you not to take anything whatsoever for granted. 

Yes, we missed those chances and didn't win and we weren't good enough to create more chances and take them against poor opposition. Thankfully, football results aren't based on missed chances and what might have beens. We were not good enough, it's as simple as that!

Edited by Colourmy

Just now, Colourmy said:

Yes, we missed those chances and didn't win. Thankfully, football results aren't based on missed chances and what might have beens. We were not good enough, it's as simple as that!

Good enough for what? The middle of the Premier League?- in the case of Swansea and Stoke, credit to them, they defended well and proved hard to break down. And hypothetically if football was based on missed chances and what might have been, given some of the shite that I've paid to watch over the years it still wouldn't have helped given that under those managers I mentioned we were bereft of anything vaguely resembling creativity. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, baldeagle said:

This all day long . They came here to defend and defend deep and hopefully get a point .We started at home with two defensive minded  mids and one up front . Plus Albrighton who is one of our more defensive wingers and they just sat back waiting for us to try and break them down. 

How were we ever going to do that with only one real creative player on the pitch and one up front . I like Puel and what he’s trying to do but he got it totally wrong yesterday and thats probably the first time I’ve really thought it . 

Very true, I was hoping at half time at the earliest he would have made the changes bring on Silva and Iheanacho because our creativity to Vardy was non existent. Puel needs to up to his game pronto.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

I just hope some of you kneejerking drama queens never get a real crisis in your life to deal with!

Yes it wasn't  great but the nature of the opposition, desperate tactics and weird/disappointing  results are no strange bedfellows  with football or the Premier League.

Different opinions are purely that, however, the level of ridiculous overreaction  on here is totally what's  wrong with modern football.

Social media gives the platform for these,imo, pathetic reactionary views.

I personally try not to overreact,win,lose or draw, I have opinions,frustrations and God that's why I love the beautiful game.

I suggest those calling for Claudes head take a break from the game of football and get some perspective on what real problems are.

CP is changing things, no relegation danger and more good than bad and FFS he was only appointed in October.

I suggest some of you would be better going to support Watford or Leeds they change their managers more than they do their knickers.

I think anymanager who doesn’t walk in and win the league again will be criticised for some time by some sections of our fans. It’s clear we’re still in a stage of transition, and will be until Puel has had time to bring in his own players. 

• Like 4

Disappointed yesterday thought we started the first 5 mins ok after that gave the ball away way to much and the last 10/15 was ok. Stoke were aweful. Shame that dragovic got dropped straight away as looked decent. Pretty pointless just crossing the ball in to only vardy against zouma and the other cb may as well have kept slim/ulloa if that's how we want to play.Maybe play albrighton at right back to be a bit more attacking than Simpson. What's happened to amartey? Very suprised to see James in over silva/Iborra even more suprised he didn't get subbed off. Unlucky not to win in the end not to win. Think I shall stick to watching on tv as that's 2 1-1 draws i have been to this season so not having much luck there ?

I still maintain the key to this game - as with many others such as Everton away - was the first ten minutes. They were all over the place and terrified and we needed to capitalise. But we let them off the hook with some poor finishing and wasteful decision- making if we'd got ourselves ahead early on it could have been an emphatic victory with people on here purring about the performance. But complacency meant we allowed them a foothold in the game and they grew in confidence. Then we gifted a shooting opportunity to their one talented player and had to play catch up. Everton a Swansea h not at all dissimilar.