Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DB11

Match Ratings : Burnley 2-1 Leicester City - Vote Now

7 for Vardy (MOTM)

6 for Diabaté Gray, Silva, Chilwell, Choudhury, Mahrez

5 for Maguire and Simpson

4 for the lawn mower

2 for Morgan

Puel 6 (stay)

Should've got a draw at least, two defensive howlers and lack of finish cost us the game.

Edited by ZeGuy

Puel 4 - cant motivate the team, and keeps picking a, the wrong players , b, players bang out of form..he cant be trusted with the squad overhaul we need, he is uninspiring and negative...look at our set up when defending a corner, all 10 outfield players back in our box and no counter attacking threat...we have gone form being one of the hardest to one of the easiest to play against under his management

Schmeichel 4 - one good save in lead up to 1st goal but he simply doesn't organise his defence or command his box, there is no pressure on his place and he has been consistently poor all season...another set piece goal where he is rooted to his line, and distribution shocking again. Time to drop him.

Simpson 4 - gives possession away cheaply and caught out of position repeatedly. No alternative so he has to play until Amartey fit.

Chilwell 5 - did ok going forward but repeatedly ball watches and doesn't learn from his mistakes...no doubt Morgans fault for goal 1 but Chilwell stands watching playing them onside. Fuchs should be ahead of him every game.

Maguire 5 - worst game for a long time, he is at fault for second goal by not playing the simple ball out for a throw, conceding the corner...all over the place first half and out jumped/didn't jump for 2nd goal

Morgan 4 - sorry Wes, first goal your fault (again) time to go mate, a good manager would see your legs have gone and the kamikaze seat of your pants defending doesn't cut it anymore,. Dragovic should replace

Silva 6 - did ok and shows loads of promise, but he must have passed the ball straight out of play 5-6 times in the second half alone, the next 5 games are critical for him, I think there is a player in there but he needs to cut out basic mistakes and retain possession better

Choudhury 6 - calm on the ball and did ok, definitely one for the future would probably fit Puel's style of play quite well...good start for him

Gray 6 - again no end product but he showed flashes of what he is capable of, poor timing to sub him off on Saturday as he was looking threatening

Mahrez 5 - tried hard and no faulting his effort but he was anonymous most of game...should have given Pope no chance with header first half, unlucky with free kick

Okazaki 4 - another one who no longer merits a starting place, he has been fundamental tour success but he is either bang out of form, not fit, or past it...should be dropped

Vardy 6 - cant fault his effort and a great finish for the goal, but he could have had 4 on another day and not quite at his best, still too isolated

Iheanacho 6 - did ok but he often looks like he is sleep-walking through a game, deserves to start all remaining games to see just what he is capable of...after nearly 40 games I'm still not sure, much like most others I guess

Diabete 6 - did more in his 20-25 mins in this game than the whole of the previous one, two great runs and crosses which ultimately came to nothing...at best an impact sub.

A game we should have won was lost because of the kamikaze defending and for the complete lack of energy in the first 15-20 mins...yes we dominated from then on, but picking out of form players and others who aren't good enough is never a good combination, season over and major overhaul of squad is needed...Puel cant be trusted with that so time for another change regrettably, wrong appointment in the first place

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dickov22 said:

Kasper 4 The second goal is his fault (again). Why doesn’t he command his area? If he even makes an attempt to get that cross, Burnley don’t score 

Simpson 4 Worst game in a while. He seems to be getting worse going forward and in possession. Almost cost us a goal near the end, too 

Morgan 4 Nightmare game for Wes. At fault for the first and looked nervy all game 

Maguire 6 Maybe could have done a bit better for for first but I thought he had a decent game 

Chilwell 7 Pick of the back 4. Some really good runs and crosses, shame we rarely fill the box so a lot of them go to waste 

Mahrez 6 He wasn’t bad, but he didn’t create a lot either. It wasn’t for want of trying though 

Choudhury 6 Did ok but his positioning was odd. Almost seemed to be playing sweeper at times. Some good tackles and looks strong. Bit careless in possession 

Silva 8 Bar a few stray passes, I thought he was brilliant. Head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch actually MOTM 

Gray 6 Thought he did pretty well 

Okazaki 4 Non existent again

Vardy 7 Always a pest and took his goal well. He doesn’t run into the channels anymore; must be an instruction from Puel. Why? 

Subs: 

Diabate 7 - looked dangerous. I’d like him to start every week now on the wing. He’s got a lot of ability 

Iheanacho 7- Did great for the goal but often looks like he’s on a different wavelength to everyone else! 

We conceded two pathetic goals and left ourselves a mountain to climb but.... we totally outplayed them and played better than we’ve done since WBA away. It really isn’t as dire as some fans make out. Give Puel time PLEASE. 

Burnley were awful. 

I think you're pretty much spot on there Dicky. I might give Kasp a 5, but I would give Big Wes a 3 - probably the worst match I've seen him play for us. He really is past it and I can't understand why Claude keeps picking him ahead of Dragovic. For that reason and once again, tactical ineptitude in not adjusting the team quickly enough after going 2 down, I would give Puel 4. I still can't make my mind up if I want him to go.  

5 hours ago, Dickov22 said:

Kasper 4 The second goal is his fault (again). Why doesn’t he command his area? If he even makes an attempt to get that cross, Burnley don’t score 

Simpson 4 Worst game in a while. He seems to be getting worse going forward and in possession. Almost cost us a goal near the end, too 

Morgan 4 Nightmare game for Wes. At fault for the first and looked nervy all game 

Maguire 6 Maybe could have done a bit better for for first but I thought he had a decent game 

Chilwell 7 Pick of the back 4. Some really good runs and crosses, shame we rarely fill the box so a lot of them go to waste 

Mahrez 6 He wasn’t bad, but he didn’t create a lot either. It wasn’t for want of trying though 

Choudhury 6 Did ok but his positioning was odd. Almost seemed to be playing sweeper at times. Some good tackles and looks strong. Bit careless in possession 

Silva 8 Bar a few stray passes, I thought he was brilliant. Head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch actually MOTM 

Gray 6 Thought he did pretty well 

Okazaki 4 Non existent again

Vardy 7 Always a pest and took his goal well. He doesn’t run into the channels anymore; must be an instruction from Puel. Why? 

Subs: 

Diabate 7 - looked dangerous. I’d like him to start every week now on the wing. He’s got a lot of ability 

Iheanacho 7- Did great for the goal but often looks like he’s on a different wavelength to everyone else! 

We conceded two pathetic goals and left ourselves a mountain to climb but.... we totally outplayed them and played better than we’ve done since WBA away. It really isn’t as dire as some fans make out. Give Puel time PLEASE. 

Burnley were awful. 

Pretty much agree with this. Silva was my MOTM.

I actually think the team did reasonably well after the first half an hour. However, two players stood out in their crimes against defending. Wes genuinely can't have thought about that game with an ounce of positivity. He was slow, donkey-esque in his touch that lead to their first goal. He offered no presence for their second either. His inability to pass with his left foot/ play out from the back really hinders us. On the left side of the field we show a dynamic energy, looking more aggressive on the counter. Which brings me to our right hand side. When combined with Wes, SImpson is also tasked with trying to control one of his wayward passes (which isn't really his strong point either) - when combined with the fact that he's a great footballer when he doesn't have a ball at his feet, leads to giving away possession. The lack of communication for his back-heel balls up thingy that's now injured our goalkeeper was ridiculous too. Strikers from opposition teams will often press from left to right when we have the ball, knowing that they'd rather it ended up with either Morgan or Simpson. It's a clear weakness in our side, that Puel will certainly have noted for his transfer budget. 

I love the two players mentioned here for what they've done for us, but every club needs to let their heroes go once they become a hinderance. A younger, more technical right side of defence would transform the way we play. Wes and SImmo are excellent options if we need to grind out and hold on. 

• Like 2