Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
City1884

Is it time for the fans to make their voices heard?

7 hours ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

Hence why he tried Albrighton. He can only work with the squad he's got. Amerty is injured also, he looked good going forward.

Any fool can see Albrighton is not a right back, if you don’t have the players to play in a certain style you have to change your style. His stubbornness in believing there is only one way of playing and it is his way is enough for me. 

If you are going to play with full backs that get forwards the CMs need to stay back to cover the gaps, this creating a big gap between Vardy and the midfield and we don’t have a number 10 capable of pulling the strings. The other issue is using wide forwards like Gray and Mahrez they aren’t very good at tracking back, so our attacking full backs leave us constantly exposed to the counter.

Fans can see it, players can see it, everyone can see it except Puel. His approach will not suit the players we have and we can’t buy 10 new players this summer to play the way he wants and he won’t change his style. There is only one logical outcome. 

21 hours ago, holyfox said:

We're in danger of turning into the same sort of fans that we distanced ourselves from during the Title Winning Season. Yes, we have blown a lot of money and a great chance to build momentum after that season. BUT as is clear to see, that style has been found out. Let's face it, pretty much everyone of the top half teams play pressing football, but do it with some exceptional quality which we don't have. Those calling for us to go back to our old style are forgetting all the games that we have seen both Mahrez and Vardy double marked, thus nullifying that approach. We have to accept we are in transition and despite the sh*te we've seen since Jan, I'm going to support whatever the owners decide. It's their money and commitment that has allowed us to achieve what we have. It's bloody easy to criticise but they've made their money by backing their judgement and despite the rollercoaster, I would never have dreamt we would have achieved what we have after the debacle of Paulo and Sven. What I think has been missing is the back them till I die approach of the fans this season. The silence has been deafening, so I say support the team throughout the 90mins and let's give the owners or whichever manager is in charge, the time and space to create something for the long term. :scarf:

Not this again...

I read a lot of excuses for our manager and his "style" and "tactics" in there.

Our style hadn't been "found out", we've just forgotten how to apply it and modify it so it is still working and exciting to watch.

Remember that we played pretty good football when Puel first arrived, winning five out of eight matches.

Ever since the Mahrez debacle and Puel trying to change tactics and approach during the season, we've been left reeling. Changing to a system with players that don't fit the system during an ongoing season, seriously...

Add to that some injury woes, it's turned into a neat little nightmare since mid-December 2017.

Only fools would want us to replicate our 2015/2016 title winning season. I'm fuming with other fans looking down on fellow fans criticizing our manager or our style of play and then being called "entitled" or "deluded".

It really couldn't be much further from the truth. What do you think our owners' ambitions are? Content with being on a downward trajectory (as it stands)? Just scraping by year by year, just as long as it's at least 17th in the table?

Not making a regular profit at some stage?

For that we highly likely need to compete up top (6th, 7th, 8th) and play in Europe here and there thanks to a good cup run.

What we as fans can expect, however, is application, dedication, fighting for the ball. Even if it means we're losing. But at least we can be happy about the fact that our players gave it their best shot and were worthy wearing that shirt.

None of that spirit is currently evident at LCFC under Claude Puel. We're terrible, simply terrible. A type of football that puts everyone to sleep, with all the energy and excitement instilled under Pearson sucked out of the club that made it so great in the first place.

Who can then blame fans for being disappointed, week by week? It's not as if Puel or the players have learnt anything, it's the same turd served on a regular basis. It has nothing to do with being overly ambitious, we're talking basics here. And that pisses me off big time.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....I hope not!!!!!!

No need to worry about being lumbered with Dyche, lads & lasses. He is 100% licking his lips at giving Europe a real go and does not want another manager basking in the glory of his hard work this season.

I suppose their might be an outside chance you can get Dyche at Christmas or the summer of 2019. I don't know why some of you want him so much - doubt whether he would get you in top six. Everton? maybe. But not Leicester.

Edited by lancyclaret

33 minutes ago, lancyclaret said:

No need to worry about being lumbered with Dyche, lads & lasses. He is 100% licking his lips at giving Europe a real go and does not want another manager basking in the glory of his hard work this season.

I suppose their might be an outside chance you can get Dyche at Christmas or the summer of 2019. I don't know why some of you want him so much - doubt whether he would get you in top six. Everton? maybe. But not Leicester.

.....well good luck with that. It appears our manager deemed getting 7th spot of little importance!!!!

38 minutes ago, lancyclaret said:

I don't really understand the logic in this

2 hours ago, MrSpaM said:

I don't really understand the logic in this

I imagine lancyclaret is suggesting we need building more.

Like I said before, I wouldn't want Dyche anyway. Or any manager that prefers the more long ball style.